X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Wretched

# Name: DM-Wretched
    # Version: 1.0
    # Compatibility: UT2k4 (latest patch recommended)
    # Description: "Sequel" to DM-1on1-Rotport. Enclosed map with ruined, wet theme.
    # Comments: Feedback is always welcome.
    # Screenshot:

# Credits:
    Epic
    Rumple - BIG thanks for creating the whole lightning system - you rock!

# Homepage: No
    # Download: http://files.filefront.com/DMWretche.../fileinfo.html

Version 2 with lightning system created by Rumple:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Wretch.../fileinfo.html

screenshots looks nice, with a good atmosphere but maybe a little too dark for me

Comment

Looks good, will try it out.

Quick question: How do those fires stay lit with the torrential rainfall coming down?

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
        Quick question: How do those fires stay lit with the torrential rainfall coming down?
        Umm, they are lit with some sort of futuristic gasoline that burns, no matter what

Forgot to mention: best played with ballistic weapons (hide and seek 1on1 or 2on2-style).

Comment

I loved Rotport! I'll definitely check this one out!

Comment

Looks good, will try it out

Comment

omg this map is one of Best for me

do you know Rample making really nice Lightning effects right now
              so maybe ask him to add he's version of Lightning effects on your map too ?
              here is screenshot of Rumple's effects
              Map is Dark but when Lightning is fit looks so real
              I really think fit in this map too

Comment

WOW nice! I love dark maps. As buffy said I could add the lightning and thunder if you like. I'm working on a mutator that has custom versions of the stock weapons and got permission to add the Tactical Shadows mutator to my weapon mutator so its all in one package. Tactical Shadows removes the ambient glow from the player models allowing you to hide in the shadows. It will be a perfect mutator for this style of map.
                This map reminds me of the first Nightmare Creatures game for PS1.

Comment

Those lightning screenies Buffy posted look pretty **** good! Do those lightningbolts lit the whole map when they blast from the sky? Well, at least those parts of the map where they are visible? I mean, well, you know what i mean

Adding that kind of lightning effects would be so cool. If you want, just do it

I like to play dark maps with Ballistic Weapons, because you can turn of the bright player skins (and play shotgun arena), but haven't managed to make "flashy lightning"

Comment

Try my version of Albatross. http://files.filefront.com/DM+1on1+A.../fileinfo.html
                    I got trigger lights that light up when the lightning flashes. Its a system I made of triggers, scripted triggers, trigger lights, emitters, & movers that make everything happen. I'd like to add your map to my Enhainced weapons package when its finished if you dont mind. I'll put you in the readme file giving you credit for the map. My mutator has the Tactical Shadows mutator built in so the players dont glow in the dark. All my weapons in the Enhanced Weapons mutator are the same way so you can hide in the shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                      I'd like to add your map to my Enhainced weapons package when its finished if you dont mind.
                      I don't mind at all. Please do!

BTW: Your version of Albatross looked very slick. I love those lightningbolts and flashes!

Comment

I sent your map with the lightning and thunder effects to you in a PM.

Comment

I want too !!!

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                          I sent your map with the lightning and thunder effects to you in a PM.
                          can post download link for us too ?

Comment

I sent it to him for final tweaking. When its done he'll post a new D/L link.

Comment

Won't take long...

You get a new D/L link on this weekend (hopefully ).

Comment

Working...
                              X