No announcement yet.

Unreal 1 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read that even on his site they cannot unpack the file, has ANYONE at all got a working version???

Duca

Comment

No program can read a corrupted/incomplete archive. Either the author repacks it, or we are screwed.

Comment

Maybe it was bugged to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by .:..: View Post
          For those who don't know, you can unzip 7-zip files using IZArc or WinRAR.
          No you cant i've tryed them both so can you just convert it to a .ZIP format plz. Here is a site were you can try: http://www.media-convert.com/

Comment

The idea is sound, but they limit files to 150 MB, unless there is a brilliant way to bypass that, it won't work either. The archive may still be corrupt or of an outdated format.

Anyone here playing the latest version of this mod on your computer? Could you please upload it somewhere and post a link to it here?

Comment

I noticed that you can upload files yourself, but that will take a lot of time. I'll try that, but I would also like to compare MD5 checksums with the rest of you. HashCalc 2.02 can be downloaded from LavaSoft, very good program. You can drag the file on top of it and then it can calculate the MD5.

My result is 089a6f6fc89619ef925d23a3919244a5.

One thing I remember from last time I tried to download the file a couple of times is that the file sizes didn't even match. I'll try to get the file again now and post the hash.

Comment

12 seconds later... It's the same file all right, MD5 calculation returned 089a6f6fc89619ef925d23a3919244a5, a match. Used FlashGet instead of regular Firefox download.

Still an unsupported archive. Unknown format or damaged.

Comment

Why does this mod seem like a good idea?

I would like a mod like this, with all Unreal weapons and all the classical Deathmatch maps. That could be so nostalgic. Just a thought.

Is it really that hard to convert everything to this engine?

Comment

Can't the uploader do like split archives, or separate archives...

Comment

I don't know why you did that... to me, having to run it on UT2004 just make sure none of my friends can run it. They all have Unreal and that runs on almost any computer. Thats not even talking about all the better Coop abilities of Unreal and its much more friendly when it comes to making server and changing everything you want...

Comment

Glad someone broke my posting spree.

You can download the .7z yourself, check the MD5 and upload it to MediaConvert, no limits, I guess.

The original creator is gone and won't be home again for a year, or so. Virtually it's like doing time, but it's more like a labor camp, very hazardous too and by the way, it's called the army. I normally don't use smilies but one of the happier kind should fit right here. This info is not from me, someone else posted that before in this thread.

Unless someone can access that persons data or upload whatever they have themselves we are equally out in the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                          Unless someone can access that persons data or upload whatever they have themselves we are equally out in the blue.
                          Well, the beta version was on the UT2x-Coop-Server so some people might have some files of it. But as everything sounds the final version has only .:..:
                          The only thing we can do is wait (think not we can get the archive to work).

Comment

.:..: plz send it in zip format! Otherwise there would be no point making this thread!

Comment

I assume the upload was interrupted while .:..: was uploading without the temporary file being deleted, thus appearing to work without actually working, or something similar.

Thus, it's not really the filetype that ruins it, but the file being incomplete.

Comment

This guy is always building up cool stuff, the last that I played was something like warcraft 3 or command and conquer for unreal 1, it's amazing how he has the skills, for this, he should work for epic:-P

Comment

Working...
                                X