No announcement yet.

Unreal 1 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, got some issues when trying to load a saved game, it just doesn't work, is there anyway to clean the files out so I can save and load again?

Comment

Hosting this mod on a Linux Dedicated Server, and I get this crash as soon as I jump into the water on UB-FHub1. Any ideas how to fix it?
      Code:
      Developer Backtrace:
      [ 1]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84bcb31]
      [ 2]  [0x31b500]
      [ 3]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84441e2]
      [ 4]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8444f55]
      [ 5]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8445edf]
      [ 6]  ./ucc-bin() [0x844843d]
      [ 7]  ./ucc-bin() [0x844574b]
      [ 8]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84643a5]
      [ 9]  ./ucc-bin() [0x846463a]
      [10]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8162609]
      [11]  ./ucc-bin() [0x815bc56]
      [12]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81f3713]
      [13]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81f1d76]
      [14]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81e6e97]
      [15]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81e6a56]
      [16]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81e5296]
      [17]  ./ucc-bin() [0x845fff0]
      [18]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8445edf]
      [19]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84643a5]
      [20]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8464097]
      [21]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8445f84]
      [22]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84643a5]
      [23]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8464097]
      [24]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8445f38]
      [25]  ./ucc-bin() [0x84643a5]
      [26]  ./ucc-bin() [0x846463a]
      [27]  ./ucc-bin() [0x831929d]
      [28]  ./ucc-bin() [0x831604f]
      [29]  ./ucc-bin() [0x8316277]
      [30]  ./ucc-bin() [0x832493e]
      [31]  ./ucc-bin() [0x83239a7]
      [32]  ./ucc-bin() [0x85843b9]
      [33]  ./ucc-bin() [0x817e035]
      [34]  ./ucc-bin() [0x81458a2]
      [35]  ./ucc-bin() [0x811496a]
      [36]  ./ucc-bin(__strtod_internal+0x2f6d) [0x804e36d]
      [37]  /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0x3e2bc6]
      [38]  ./ucc-bin(readdir+0x91) [0x804bd81]
      Unreal Call Stack: UObject::ProcessEvent <- APawn::SetZone <- ULevel::MoveActor <- APawn::startSwimming <- APawn::physFalling <- APawn::performPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- RemoteCall <- HandleStream <- UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch <- UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main
      Or at least... could someone MAKE a fix? I really hope this can be solved, as I want to be able to play this with my friends...

Crash on Windows too:
      Code:
      History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CPGPlayer UB-FHub1.CPGPlayer0, Function CoooPG.CPGPlayer.PlayerSwimming.NotifyPhysicsVolumeChange) <- APawn::SetZone <- ULevel::MoveActor <- CPGPawn0  <- APawn::startSwimming <- APawn::physFalling <- APawn::performPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CPGPlayer UB-FHub1.CPGPlayer0, Function Engine.PlayerController.DualServerMove) <- RemoteCall <- HandleStream <- UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch <- (Actor CPGPlayer0) <- UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level NyLeve's Falls <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main
      The crash seems to be related to this function in CoooPG.u's CPGPlayer.uc file:
      Code:
      state PlayerSwimming
      {
          function bool NotifyPhysicsVolumeChange( PhysicsVolume NewVolume )
          {
              local actor HitActor;
              local vector HitLocation, HitNormal, checkpoint;

if ( !NewVolume.bWaterVolume )
              {
                  Pawn.SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
                  if ( (Pawn.Velocity.Z > 0) || Pawn.bWaterStepup )
                  {
      				if (Pawn.bUpAndOut && Pawn.CheckWaterJump(HitNormal)) //check for waterjump
      				{
      					Pawn.velocity.Z = 330 + 2 * CollisionRadius; //set here so physics uses this for remainder of tick
      					GotoState(Pawn.LandMovementState);
      				}
      				else if ( (Pawn.Velocity.Z > 160) || !Pawn.TouchingWaterVolume() )
      				else //check if in deep water
      				{
      					checkpoint = Pawn.Location;
      					checkpoint.Z -= (Pawn.CollisionHeight + 6.0);
      					HitActor = Trace(HitLocation, HitNormal, checkpoint, Pawn.Location, false);
      					if (HitActor != None)
      					else
      					{
      						Enable('Timer');
      						SetTimer(0.7,false);
      					}
      				}
      			}
              }
              else
              {
                  Disable('Timer');
                  Pawn.SetPhysics(PHYS_Swimming);
              }
              return false;
          }
      }

Comment

I think this doesn't need to be the final version. I found many of the tracks use the original version, and although some of Frieza's and Elisha's remixes don't really sound that well sometimes, and occasionally out-of-place, I think that did a pretty good job and can do the rest of the tracks.
        And I also found a new version of Flightcastle you can probably use, made by the person who made the original: http://soundcloud.com/funkyrustic/flightcastle-2

Also, if this really is the final version, why don't you (or at least most of you) help Lord PorkSword with his UT3 mod Unreal Legacy, or Sly with his own remake? Sly would probably want more help with mapping, because PorkSword said he wants to do most of the map work by himself. Although both of them would probably accept help with scripting, models, animation, sound, etc.
        Here is the link to Sly's version: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...real-1-HD-quot
        And PorkSword's version: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...gacy+porksword

Comment

How do you add Friendly Bots to this gametype?

Comment

Originally posted by Dy1ngs0ul View Post
            Is that like a full version of Unreal? if it is, cool, it reminds me of the mod for Unreal Tournament called Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation, it is funny how no one has claimed this as illegal but Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation was called illegal because it had Unreal content used. But the releasers won the case because if that is the case of legal disputes, all mods for games that are based on other games are illegal but no one says the Total Conversion mod that is Red Faction for UT2004 is illegal, it is taking someone else's content. I am going to shut up now because I think I made a point to those who calls Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation an illegal mod.

Ugh. Remember this guy, OGMirageOG? He previously posted those same maps under various aliases such as LKnott93 and claimed to be developing his own game engine. Based on the long trail of user names, "Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation" is his handiwork, using one of the aliases he tried to use here too. Haven't downloaded it, but it looks like it's the UT system files (UT doesn't require installation or a CDkey to run) along with his map packs. The comments on the mod page seem to corroborate this.

In other words: ILLEGAL, due to the UT system files.

Comment

Originally posted by Dy1ngs0ul View Post
              but no one says the Total Conversion mod that is Red Faction for UT2004 is illegal, it is taking someone else's content.
              You mean Mars Wars? A total UT2004 mod that is remake of the classic title, Red Faction, and its not illegal. RED-FROG and his friends are using their own materials to avoid porting.

Comment

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Mars Wars. On the other hand, I just downloaded that "Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation" thing and it is Unreal Tournament with a few random mods + Unreal 1 maps. I've reported it to Flak.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                  Ugh. Remember this guy, OGMirageOG? He previously posted those same maps under various aliases such as LKnott93 and claimed to be developing his own game engine. Based on the long trail of user names, "Unreal Tournament: 1st Generation" is his handiwork, using one of the aliases he tried to use here too. Haven't downloaded it, but it looks like it's the UT system files (UT doesn't require installation or a CDkey to run) along with his map packs. The comments on the mod page seem to corroborate this.
                  and apparently he keeps doing it
                  i was curious about what the hell is this thing some time ago and now i know that this and 4 another "engines" is all his work
                  what a fraud...

Comment

I think it's time for OP to Fix some of the Levels because I've found some Disturbing Bugs.

*Some of the Levels have Minor/Major BSP Errors which are Very Noticeable and are Unavoidable.
                    *Also the Queen Level starts Bugging with Ballistic Weapons, everytime I fire my Ballistic Weapons I can hear the guns Echo then White Smoke starts Appearing out of Nowhere and is abit Disturbing and causes Lag.

Comment

So is this real? a working copy of UGold for UT2004?
                      - How does this amazing stuff escape me for 10 years?

- Does the OP files work with UT2004?
                      - This might help save me alot of time remaking UGold:RTNP
                      Although a fair bit of progress has been made already see my blog

Again i find myself relying on a reply from GreatEmerald
                      - If you are active, might aswel help with my other unreal requests and did u see what Gem i posted on OldUnreal??

** i am starting to think that The OP from Finland is the Pirate
                      - The one who Created UNREALITY!!

Comment

Unreal 1 Game isn't exactly like Unreal Gold, it has Unreal Beta elements. But yes, it works in UT2004 and I even made a mod for it (modception, woo) that replaces the Unreal items with the UT2004 ones.

And the OP is Dots. Everyone knows Dots

And no, I haven't seen anything on OldUnreal because I'm visiting this forum at the moment. I can't visit too many forums or I'd be doing nothing but writing in forums all day...

Comment

Working...
                        X