Venom Trailer [RB Think Tank]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venom Trailer [RB Think Tank]

Though this is our first post, we thought we would make it a good one and give everyone here a peek at one of our latest projects!

Description: A trailer for an upcoming mod.
    Comments: This is a High Definition (720p) trailer, so put away that old laptop and bring out the uber hax gaming rig. We will have lower resolution versions available later this week.

Credits: RBThinkTank.com
    Homepage: http://www.rbthinktank.com
    Download: http://www.rbthinktank.com/rbtt/inde...ask=view&id=33

Enjoy the movie and get ready for the public release of our mod on June 30, 2007.

Thanks,

milk
    ~RB Think Tank~

Interesting design. Is the movement of this monster driven by some kind of inverse-kinematics or do its legs float above terrain like in the case of every other pawn in UT?

Comment

Originally posted by Farseer View Post
      Interesting design. Is the movement of this monster driven by some kind of inverse-kinematics or do its legs float above terrain like in the case of every other pawn in UT?
      lol, yep...it has crappy pawn collision with the world.

Comment

Haha, in this game even tanks tend to levitate so there's nothing bad in hovering monsters I suppose. This IK-thing just popped into my mind because it looked a little like that in the trailer.
        It would be cool to have some kind of IK-solver in UT2k4, though.
        Anyway, looking forward to the release of the monster, I'm not really into this whole invasion-stuff, but there weren't any good custom models for this game in a long time - this one at least seems worth looking at

Comment

Well we hope that all you die-hard UT players enjoy the think tanks new work ... we'll be continuing to release new projects for UT2004 and UT3 (when its released ... depending on how many more times its release date is pushed back) ...

Anyways ... Enjoy ... And if interested in working with us drop a line @ the RBTT site ... and with that ... i bid thee adieu ...

Comment

Looks really cool, can't wait to see its release..This would make a great boss monster for invasion.

Comment

You think it's a great monster? That thing will kick your ***!

Comment

Originally posted by kERNElPANiC View Post
                and UT3 (when its released ... depending on how many more times its release date is pushed back) ...
                UT3 is a hoax, they're really working on GoW2 instead.

Comment

how exactly would you implement ik into ut ? it has a full ik/fk Rig inside of maya but the only example i think could come close is the way the suspension works on a vehicle, even then how would you go about applying the animation to the varying foot postitions ?

Comment

Originally posted by 9ades View Post
                    You think it's a great monster? That thing will kick your ***!
                    Thats ok my regulars and i love a challenge Muhahaha!!!

Comment

Hey guys just wanna say glad that you are all looking forward to the release ...

we are def. interested in keeping UT2004 alive and well and as 9ades has said on select servers (of various gametypes still keep the UT2004 community strong) ...as for the UT3 pipe-dream ... i hope not ... i think im still one of the few people left that havent converted over to the other games that have merely expanded on the breakthroughs this game has made for us gamers ... anyways ... CHEERS! <G>

Comment

Originally posted by Bananna_manuk
                        how exactly would you implement ik into ut ? it has a full ik/fk Rig inside of maya but the only example i think could come close is the way the suspension works on a vehicle, even then how would you go about applying the animation to the varying foot postitions ?
                        Vehicles suspension is controlled by the karma engine so it's useless from its definition Implementing IK wouldn't be too problematic - this can be done with simple math (not even jacobians, matrices and stuff - pure trygonometry should suffice). The hard part would be blending the pre-made animations with IK behavior. I don't know how to do this, but this means I don't know YET. Academic year is coming to its end so I'll have some time soon to look into UT's physics

Comment

ewww maths

Comment

Released! http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=572793

Comment

Working...
                            X