• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumple's Mini Me Gun

Name: Rumple's Mini Me Gun

Version: Final

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: Modded spider mine launcher that shoots mini Rumples (Abaddon model). They wait till an enemy is near then chase them down screaming "Fresh Meat!" in a munchkin voice.

Comments: Mutator replaces the Flak cannon with the Mini Me Gun

Screenshot: Watch the video!

Video: Click here to watch minimegun

Credits: Rumple

Homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/rumpleslabs/

Download: http://files.filefront.com/MiniMeGun.../fileinfo.html

How much stuff have you modded?

Comment

Now THAT'S funny!

"MIDGET ATTACK! RUN!!"

Comment

Dang Rumple sounds like you had a lot of fun with these mods.

Comment

You could have made the Mini Me gun shoot copies of the mesh the player currently is using, then copied over the taunt sound relevant to the player's voicepack.

Still a nice thing though, but that would have added some extra fun. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Buggy View Post
            You could have made the Mini Me gun shoot copies of the mesh the player currently is using, then copied over the taunt sound relevant to the player's voicepack.

Still a nice thing though, but that would have added some extra fun. >_>
            I dont know that much about coding weapons and have no idea how to code it to work that way. Replication with something like that would be kinda sketchy too. I have plans for another version that deploys full sized non lethal decoy players. Maybe I can make it shoot random meshes or have a different one for the alt fire instead of the laser.

Comment

bNoRepMesh to true for projectile, so mesh isn't replicated then do a if Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer in simulated function postbeginplay, call linkmesh with instigator.mesh, for voicepack sound, spawn an emitter with the tauntsound playing end if Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer. Be sure to destroy emitter in simulated function destroyed. It ought to look like something like this in code, emitter not included.

Code:
              var emitter mysoundemitter;

Simulated Function PostBeginPlay()
              {

Super.PostBeginPlay();

bNoRepMesh = true;

if(Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
              {
                      LinkMesh(Instigator.Mesh);

MySoundEmitter = Spawn(class'SoundEmitter);
                     MySoundEmitter.SetBase(self);

MySoundEmitter.VoiceSound = xPawn(Instigator).VoiceType.default.Taunt[21];

}

}

simulated function destroyed()
              {

if(Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
              {
              MySoundEmitter.Destroy();
              }

super.destroyed();
              }

Comment

Cool thanks! I'll play around with it later tonight and see if it works.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rumple;24916028]I have plans for another version that deploys full sized non lethal decoy players. QUOTE]

Already made I'm afraid... well a variation. It's known as the Holocator. You're capable of spawning 3 copies of yourself but they mimic your movements.

Comment

hey i have a question... if its a modded spidermine launcher why does it replace the flak cannon?

Comment

Because the spider mine gun doesnt end up in many maps. This way you can use the mutator and play with them in DM too. I dont now of any stock DM maps that have the spider mines.

Comment

there is none, the spidermines are ONS weapons...so they end up in a lot lot less maps

Comment

There is a mod that puts Onslaught weapons in DM maps. I'd have to find the original, but, I use it on my server.

Comment

its a stock mod

Comment

Working...
                            X