X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-MarsMayhemFinal

Name: MarsMayhemFinal (by Rumple)

Version: Final

Capatability: UT2004 (bonus pack needed)

Description: Mars based map. Bases are located in twin craters. Lots of custom stuff in this map including custom health, shield, double damage pickups. Ring and stargate teleporters that look and sound like the ones from the tv show. All players spawn with custom space helmets. The areas outside the bases are low gravity. Heres a video and a couple screen shots!
    Click here to watch MarsStargates
    Screenshots:

Special thanks to AngelMapper for letting me mod the Santa Hat mutator for the Mars Helmets.

HomePage: http://www.freewebs.com/rumpleslabs/

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?cmyjmtz4qev

Bonus Pack Download: http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;4.../fileinfo.html

Interesting...
    It looks like you are using the ring transportation platform but I don't see the team or the people in the team on your credits. Killer909, yassine, REX|Et, AngelMapper, Wangtang. Please at least add a link so people can find where to find info about it. Also, you might want to credit give credit to who created that stargate mesh, though I can't say I've seen that version of an IRIS before. Feel free to contact me about the stargate theme.

Sorry that I can't download it and check it out more, I'm currently moving and my UT computer is in pieces.

Comment

I made all the meshes. I got the stargate texutre from a pic from the tv show. I got that map with the transport rings and it doesnt work properly and when you keep hitting the button to activate it it quit working all together. The ones I made work on a different more simple system. No emitters or scripted triggers. Its just a bunch of movers.

Comment

I looked closer at the video and it looks like you are right! But why did you make your own version of a transportation platform when there was one finished and ready to copy and paste?

Comment

Because it puts a ton of meshes that are already in the game in the myLevel package. Who ever made the rings must have saved the myLevel package and it messed everything up.

Comment

It should all be copy and paste. If you want to change to the other set of rings let me know and I'll do all I can to help.

Comment

And there is some "hidden suprises" he he he... i sugest you dont play this map with the lights out...

Its played best with the music off

Comment

Huh....???

Don't play the map with the lights out?? What do you mean?

I've been all over that map and I would have spotted something peculiar while fighting. Rumple, you made this, is there a few "surprises" as Vipes says?

Comment

Yes there is. In the "lab" where the stasis tubes are next to the flag rooms theres a room with a locked door with a bunch of pick ups in it. Theres a way to get the door open but you have to find the "code" for the door locks. Look at the computer monitors upstairs and you'll figure it out. Down in the caverns (either go through the doorway at the end of the lab rooms or go in from outside the hangers). You'll hear some growls as you go down the stairs. You'll also see small openings in the walls between the pillars. You can either try to enter the small openings or shoot the statues at the end of the room for a surprise. Theres also custom helmets that are team colored that are placed on all players. Heres a screenshot of them.

Comment

but if you try to inter the small openings its scaryer than shooting the staues and wateing to see what will happen, also great sounds to scare you, thats why i said, its best if the music is off, cuz you can hear all the sounds, and thats also why i said dont play this map with the lights out

Comment

Oh, hey! Those are perfect!

I've been looking for helmet ideas for my drawing of my character's powersuit!
                      Those are perfect! A little changes here and there and it'll fit the armor perfectly!

Edit: Copied what you said and I will take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
                        Oh, hey! Those are perfect!

I've been looking for helmet ideas for my drawing of my character's powersuit!
                        Those are perfect! A little changes here and there and it'll fit the armor perfectly!

Edit: Copied what you said and I will take a look.
                        Are you modeling it in Maya? If so I can give you the raw files so you can make any changes you want.

Comment

I was just play this map

and very fun map Bot working ok and nice details
                          my favorite manta was there too

Comment

I'm NOT modelling it!

I was drawing it. (Btw, my drawing skills SUCK!)

Comment

Send me a drawing and maybe if I get time I'll make the model for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X