DM-(DA)-Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-(DA)-Lockout

This is my first public release of any map. I've only been mapping for about two and a half months.

Lockout is an abandoned prison located in the middle of nowhere which was originally used for common criminals. Reasons are unknown why it was abandoned but over the years it has become a battleground for fights.

Name: Lockout
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Version: Final
    Screenshots:

Credit: me
    Download Link: Here

Is it really that bad? Can someone comment?

Comment

I don't know how good the map is. You only have the RAR format available. Screenies look good.Most people still use ZIP. RAR is a questionable compression advantage at best. Nearly all map files found online are ZIP. Why would you hope to get the mainstream players to try your map with a [I]relatively[I] obscure file format?

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
        I don't know how good the map is. You only have the RAR format available. Screenies look good.Most people still use ZIP. RAR is a questionable compression advantage at best. Nearly all map files found online are ZIP. Why would you hope to get the mainstream players to try your map with a [I]relatively[I] obscure file format?
        Oh, I didn't know that, ok I'll update it.

Comment

Downloaded the file. Tried to open it and got a message saying it was an unknown file type. I don't know what the problem is.

Comment

All those files you got in there can be built into the map as mylevel then you would only have 1 map file and 1 .ogg music file.

The music file is not even required to play the map but all those files you got in there is not good. Is a mess to install and also to keep track of later!

Comment

I gave up on what you had as a ZIP file. I'm guessing you just stuffed the RAR in a ZIP. I downloaded the RAR and found a program to open it. As ANick said, there is a lot of extra stuff in there that is not needed. Made the install kind of a challenge for a non-techie. As for the map itself, it plays pretty well. I'm not sure why you made those cells acessable. You can go in, but, why? Would have been a good location for some power-ups or weapons. Needs to be some reward for the risk of being cornered.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
                I gave up on what you had as a ZIP file. I'm guessing you just stuffed the RAR in a ZIP. I downloaded the RAR and found a program to open it. As ANick said, there is a lot of extra stuff in there that is not needed. Made the install kind of a challenge for a non-techie. As for the map itself, it plays pretty well. I'm not sure why you made those cells acessable. You can go in, but, why? Would have been a good location for some power-ups or weapons. Needs to be some reward for the risk of being cornered.
                Yeah I guess so, originally they were meant for you to quickly camp in one of them if someone was chasing you down then come up from behind them.

And yes I should have packed them all into mylevel package. Big mistake.

Sorry for that guys, I'm very new to this.

Comment

Well I would try it out but I normally dont install a cluster of files like that unless its in a mod format/ folder but if I get some time I will check it out!

But I see you take the criticism here in the forum well so I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X