• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TranSpider

Name: Transpider
    Version: 1.4
    Compatibility: ut2k4 epe
    Description: a replacement for the translocater
    Comments: thanks to porkmanii(0.0 to 1.0) and me (1.1 to now) we have a new verson! (1.4)
    May or May not be the last Verson...But its pretty much in the final stages...might make a verson 1.5 Just for small tweaking and more customizable stuff if it needs it
    Screenshot:
    [shot]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7067/newconfigyu1.jpg[/shot]

http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hutdown6ey.jpg
    Credits: porkmanii for making it, me for thinking of it and for going to beta 1.4 from 1.0, rest for helping
    Homepage:
    none
    Download: DOWNLOAD

Version History
    ---------------

Beta 0.9:
    - intial release

Beta 1.0:
    - fixed some network-related issues; controlling the Spider in a network game should now be possible

Beta 1.2:
    - change to Spider Mode alt fire for easier use on servers
    - default damage increased
    - new Description
    - extra s is now gone

Beta 1.3:
    - Health/ArmorStrenght can now be changed between 50-1000
    - Damage can now be changed between 10-1000
    - changed deathmessages
    - lowered mommentum to realistic levels
    - updated the Readme a 3rd time

Beta 1.4:
    - Damage Radius can now be Changed from 1/2 to 4x the standard
    - ThrowRange is now Variable for both Spider and Normal
    - Health can now go from 0-1000
    - VehicleDamageScale now 1.5
    - Redo Name to TranSpider4 for Server Use

BEWARE!!!
    If you set the spider's health to 0 it will not die, but NEVER enter a vehicle with it like that or you will go into spectate mode if you leave the Vehicle...

anyone wanta comment?
    i love to see some love <3

Comment

Nice. i like how you can change the damage radius now.

Comment

yep, along with the throw speed you can change...which due to mething max is set at 9999...
        anyway i like the options that deal with the gameplay that wraps around the spider....
        if you want to own bots, set everything up all the way
        if you want a more balanced spider, set it more balanced
        if you want it to be just a spy/teleporter then put damage to 0

its pretty much able to do anything you want now

Comment

so far i have seen it on 2 servers, 1 older verson and the other modded to suit the specail gametype...

if you put this on a server, let us know, be cool to check it out.

Comment

This thing is awesome. A movable translocator, and it drives vehicles and everything (I haven't tested that part yet.) This is one of those things that you look at and say "Why the hell wasn't this thought of sooner?"

Very cool

Comment

it was started sometime around 10-13-2005 if i can trust the dating....
              that was around 2 years ago, so its like only 1 year late from the start of ut2004

Comment

Could I make a feature request?

Would you be able to make the spider pick up objects? So if I walk over a link gun with it, it gives me the link gun. It'd be a riot to use in CTF too

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis View Post
                  Could I make a feature request?

Would you be able to make the spider pick up objects? So if I walk over a link gun with it, it gives me the link gun. It'd be a riot to use in CTF too

Thank you!
                  "What the f***?! The flag is running off by itself?!?!"
                  "It's a spider you fool! Shoot it!"

Comment

Lol THAT'S funny!

Spider walks up to a person, carrying a nuke.
                    "Huh? What's this spider doing here?"
                    He goes to pick it up and BOOM! The nuke explodes.

Comment

problems with that, it has been done by someone in the development thread...no link

anyway you could deploy spidermines with the spider and such but tell me this, a transpider fires a transpider fires a trranspider fires a transpider, the 2nd one dies...what happens to the controller of the spider's?

solve that for me plz...then deside if its such a good idea
                      and besides since the spider is faster then a normal player and can run along walls and ceilings then it being able to carry the flag will make it way to powerful.....
                      capture the flag, run along the ceiling of the gient room, then land safely on the other side totally unapposed because no one can follow it.....

just to much complicated stuff with a spider that can flag cap

Comment

what? No, not that the thing can USE the weapons or anything (so you avoid the Transpider--Transpider stuff, like dreaming about a guy dreaming abotut a guy dreaming... etc.)

Just that when you walk over something with the spider, it gives it to you and your inventory. The spider would simply retain the functionality it has now, in that it can't fire weapons and stuff. Only that it would give things to you and your inventory.

Would you be able to at least make it a toggleable option? That way it can be used online fairly, and then guys like me who would rather play the bots can own them in a whole new way :P

Comment

probably not at the momment, i forgot where the code was hiding and it will take me to much time, schools winding down and its all busy

Comment

maybe after?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David View Post
                              anyway you could deploy spidermines with the spider and such but tell me this, a transpider fires a transpider fires a trranspider fires a transpider, the 2nd one dies...what happens to the controller of the spider's?

solve that for me plz...
                              Assuming he isn't about to get his head blown off, he'd take control of the first transpider and the rest would just boom

Comment

Working...
                              X