• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickrate

Name: Tickrate
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: 3369+/-
    Description: This is a serverside mut that allows for varying tickrates for specific gametypes
    Credits: ProAsm & Team - Socke, [PHX]Big_Deal, Assraker, PoW, Imaginos, frogger, sh0V3l, hmishima, Mephisto, tuco, CvRoy, Nikki, De$tiNy, Yakomo
    Download: http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/Tickrate.zip

Features:

This is a serverside mut only and does not require a Serverpackage.
    To use just add it as follows:

?Mutator=Tickrate.Tickrate

Now in any GameType string add the command ?Tickrate=35 for instance.
    The Tickrate mutator will pick this up and set the server tickrate.

I kind of know what the tickrate is but don't know why I'd want to have different values for different gametypes. Care to fill me in?

Comment

it affects gameplay and ping...as tickrate increases..so does cpu usage..it may be necessary for vehicle gametypes, etc to reduce your tickrate (if evelated for other gametypes)...to prevent lag..

Comment

For different leages you need also different tickrates for any gametype. For example TAM you run with tickrate 40 and VCTF or ONS with 30. If you have different gametypes running on your server, its easy now to change the tickrate to the value it needs.

Comment

Which raises a question.

I'm familiar with how Unreal runs (I was a moderator on a few servers) but what the blazes is a tick-rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
            Which raises a question.

I'm familiar with how Unreal runs (I was a moderator on a few servers) but what the blazes is a tick-rate?
            If I remember right, it's how often the server communicates with clients

Comment

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tutorial_%28UT%29

Comment

Website's blocked for "GAMES"
                **** filter's ticking everyone off over here.

Comment

lol, ticking off? Nice one, nice mutator 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorin-Slasher View Post
                    Website's blocked for "GAMES"
                    **** filter's ticking everyone off over here.
                    Google Cache:
                    http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

Comment

Nice link Frogger. FYI i tried the beyondunreal wiki but didn't find anything.

Now that i've read the unrealadmin page, I'm wondering this:

How does the server treat the different NetServer and LanServer tickrates? I run my own server mostly for LAN, but open it to public sometimes. Does the server run at the slowest tickrate if a WAN person connects? How does it know when I am running a LAN server?

Is there a flag i need to set in my ucc shortcut to tell it to run as a LAN server?

Comment

Originally posted by awaw View Post
                        Doesn't work. BESS blocked it.

And I didn't mean to make a joke of it "tick"ing everyone off.

EDIT: I had my clan leader, Redemption_AD**PHX** explain it to me. He's a programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by prograham View Post
                          How does the server treat the different NetServer and LanServer tickrates? I run my own server mostly for LAN, but open it to public sometimes. Does the server run at the slowest tickrate if a WAN person connects? How does it know when I am running a LAN server?

Is there a flag i need to set in my ucc shortcut to tell it to run as a LAN server?
                          i think you need to do the following for the LAN settings to be applied..

Originally posted by The5thviruz View Post
                          If you are all gaming in the same LAN then the download speed should be the file transfer speed of the LAN.

Make sure you add "-lanplay" to the end of the hosts UT2004 shortcut target: E.G. "C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe -lanplay"

Then it should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                          X