• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-DG-SpaceJunk by DGUnreal

Name: DM-DG-SpaceJunk
    Version: 1.0 final
    Requirements: UT2004 (patch 3369) and ECE1.1
    Players: 4 to 12 (30 playerstarts available)
    Download: SpaceJunk main map page. Be sure to read the map information and notes here.
    Mirrors: UT200x Files FileFront Mapraider

A fast-paced medium size Deathmatch map with plenty of z-play and ways to get around and frag.

Story:
    Deep solar mining facility Epsilon stationed in the Kuiper Belt was impacted by a rogue asteroid, propelling it violently out of the solar system into uncharted space. The leaders of Federated Earth estimated that a recovery operation would take three years. The colony of miners soon exhausted their resources of food, water and oxygen, altering the once organized and cooperative team into total anarchy and a bloody battle for survival.

See the DGUnreal web site for full map information and additional screenshots and more maps for download.
    Keep the comments coming (likes and dislikes)... I take all into consideration for future maps.
    I have more small fast DM maps coming soon that have been in alpha design for the past year, I'll try to get them out to the community before UT2007 ships.

Enjoy!

-= SpaceJunk =-

Just a few screenshots, lots more on the map main page link above.

Sweet! Downloading!

Comment

Thanks.
      I'm getting a lot of hits to my server, so please be patient if the download is a bit slow at this time. My apologies for that.
      I have already submitted the map to various mirror sites, I will post the mirror links as soon as they are available.

Comment

Downloading, will add to the servers for feedback

Comment

nice map ! I want to play Alien Invasion too

looks really nice

Comment

Verrry nice.

Comment

Looks like yet another ingenious map by DG-Unreal. Downloading immediately!
              It's quite a surprise that you come up with a space map, though. When I open up a thread of yours, I usually expect a map with terrific terrain. Well, diversity is king, huh? Can't wait to give it a try.

Edit: Tested and approved. I absolutely love this map, its gameplay brought back some loving memories of good ol' UT99 frag-fests. Definitively a keeper.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Doc Shock:
                Thanks for the positive feedback.
                My design goal was to get into the mix a bit of Phobos+Gael+LongestYard and perhaps a bit of the original UT'99 Morpheus, etc. The basic "look" of SpaceJunk is based on my original UT'99 map DM-Dyscus.
                SpaceJunk is using a high-res terrain for the platform floor, actually created with my same usual technique of heightmap algorithm as my other terrain-based map. The look I was going for is a metal floor (the green/blue metal plating texture) that has been damaged and dented by the accident that propelled the mining facility into deep space (hence the dented and rusty metal areas). I don't know if that has translated across into the map as obvious to gamers as I had hoped.
                I have over a dozen UT2004 maps in various degrees of alpha design from the past two years, waiting for time to be completed. Among those are a variety of different DM maps including completely "indoor" style along the lines of DM-1on1-Crash and DM-Oceanic. So expect to see those DM's finally getting completed and released for UT2004. I'm pushing my other large terrain ONS style maps to UT2007.

Comment

Looks amazing! Will download and comment later!

Comment

hosted on ut-X.net

DGUnreal .... all your maps are nice

http://www.ut-x.net/component/option...tails/gid,128/

Comment

Looks like a fragfest indeed! Can't wait to play it!

Comment

"Due to the very high amount of detail a high-end computer is recommended."

Well, it's not totally slug city, just when you fly around n stuff. And it's certainly a nice little map.

Comment

Thanks.

On a P4-3GHz (non-HT) with ATI Radeon X-800Pro, 8 players, all game settings at Highest, it still gets a good and playable framerate.
                          There are a few locations where it is pushing around 100,000 polygons, even after optimizations (Zoning and AP's), so a decent video card is required.

In the top-5 this week over at ut2004.filefront (it hit #1 today)...

Comment

looks great! going to have fun on it now!!

P.S just out of interest do you own a NSR125 keep seeing your name linked to NSR forums!

Comment

Originally posted by SEPHIROTH View Post
                              P.S just out of interest do you own a NSR125 keep seeing your name linked to NSR forums!
                              Honda? No, not me. Although I am looking at a new CRF-230F this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X