No announcement yet.

UT2Vote 56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to both of you for the weird demo-watching problem I am having, although I haven't really troubleshot it more. It only happens on one of my fav servers to play on, co30.

And as a final update to the problem I have running the demorecord41, it now consistently just crashes my dedicated server on startup. I am launching the game and then going to hostgame, then pressing "dedicated" with only vote56 as the only mutator, and then crash. Same when I just launch the game out of windows from a batch file with vote56 as the only mutator.

I can however go into vote56 admin, then general, then press "rec demo" and the game runs fine. And I can just go to console as admin and type recdemo and the game runs fine.

I have a feeling it's because I have a billion skins, models, and voicepacks loaded.

But as a last ditch ? to try to get it to work on my ded server, have you guys really played through 3 whole games using vote56 and demorecord41? Just do it with the victory count of 1, I'd just like to know for myself. Thanks.

Originally posted by Frogger View Post
    i am pretty sure they will still not work together...but as martinblank says, UT2Vote can do all that stuff you want...you can tie specific mutators to specific maps (in specific map lists)...mutators can be map specific, maplist specific, run all the time, whatever you want..
    How do you tie specific mutators to specific maplists? And seperately to specific maps?

Comment

on demorec...i haven't used it for a while..i used to run it constantly with UT2vote though.. i'll try to get sum time and add it and see if i have any issues with 56

on the map soecific muts...there are some threads in teh serveradmin section about it.. i'll see if i can't find..would be easier than trying to explain over..

*edit*
      can't find the threads..but for specific maps within map lists

Maps=DM-Antalus?Mutators=yourmutatorhere

iirc you will want to add ?mutators=none to any that you don't want mutators on..this forces the server to unload the muts..keeps muts that were running last map from getting carried over..

If you want multiple maplists with the same gametype (i.e. 3 DM maplists..using different mutators or other settings)..use GameMake to create the different game classes. It is also @ www.proasm.com

Comment

But as a last ditch ? to try to get it to work on my ded server, have you guys really played through 3 whole games using vote56 and demorecord41? Just do it with the victory count of 1, I'd just like to know for myself.
        Well after I did the test on my server last week or so, I forgot to remove DemoRecord41 from my server and so it has been running now with many tests, many games and many maps with no problems without me even knowing it was running

Comment

Wait, you mean you actually PLAY???

Well that settles it then. It's what I get for all my skins I suppose.

And FYI, I got the maplist specific and map specific mutators going with a dedicated batch run server (definitely the only way to run a server, otherwise oddities pop up much more).

So, I'll thank you both for your continued dedication and contributions to the game and leave you both in peace now.

Until ut2voteUnreal3. heh

Comment

I'd say it the best Voting tool I have seen, but its also most difficult to configure. You know all these lazy admins.

p.s. configured UT2Vote myself, just for interesting. It took ~1,5 hrs

Comment

Lol, thanks
              Yes as time went past and more and more requests came in, the configuring grew bigger but we try to handle it as best as we can.
              I agree, initially it can take an hour or so to set everything up, but after that its pretty plain sailing.
              Thats why with every release we try and keep the configs as standard as possible so Admin can just copy and paste stuff over, but once a year or so we need to make some drastic changes like 54 to 55, but it benefits all in the long run

Comment

i know i never ask for additional features in anything proasm werks on...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X