• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2Vote 56

Name: UT2Vote
    Version: 5.6
    Compatibility: 3369+/-
    Description: A Voting mutator for UT2004
    Comments: Over 50 Games can be configured and over 50 odd Mutators. Clan Match and Warmup options also available with Game Setup options. Extensive Admin options also available to configure each Game seperately.
    Credits: ProAsm & Team - Socke, [PHX]Big_Deal, Assraker, PoW, Imaginos, frogger, sh0V3l, hmishima, Mephisto, tuco, CvRoy, Nikki, De$tiNy, Yakomo
    UT2Vote Website: http://www.proasm.com
    UT2Vote56 Download: http://www.proasm.com/files/UT2Vote56.zip
    UT2Vote Team Support Forum: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501

Changes and Fixes in UT2Vote56

Appearance
    The overall appearance of UT2Vote has generally changed with new buttons and only a selected amount visible to the user.
    This has been done to make the menu more user friendly.
    Flashing and colored buttons have also been added for easier navigation.

Hints
    All button hints on all menus have been fixed where neccessary.

Game End Admin
    Fixed the problem with the Admin not having access at game end.

WebAdmin Defaults
    Restored the access to the Default settings in WebAdmin.

bGameRepeatLimit
    This has been added in the IniOnly section and if set to True, will cause Games to be only voted for on alternated votes.
    For instance, you play DeathMatch, you Vote for and play Capture the Flag, DeathMatch will now not be available to vote for and you have to play some other game first before you can vote for DeathMatch again.
    When the server switches to the DefaultGameName, it will also reset the GameRepeatLimit to restart.

AdminSpec Slot
    Although this was introduced several versions ago it has never worked properly.
    If your server is full, maxplayers and maxspectators have been reached, opening WebAdmin and going into its Console, remove the 'say' and type in there: UT2Vote AdminSpec=Nickname
    UT2Vote will now create a extra space on the server for an additional Spectator and wait 2 minutes for the spectator with the given Nickname to arrive.
    The person must logon as a spectator else he wil be kicked.
    Once the AdminSpectaor leaves, the slot will be closed.

Map Delete
    Fixed the way the map is removed in NewMaps

bClanAdminExtra
    This has been dumped as it had major conflicts with the new SemiAdmin operations.

ClanMatch
    Fixed the problem when a game did not resume to its defaults after a ClanMatch ended.

Voted Map
    The player voted map no longer appears at the top of his maplist as this caused too many problems.

Freon Thawing
    Made provision for players thawing in Freon where a player thaws with full health.

RandMap Preview
    When selecting a random map 'RandMap' button, the map preview will now display.

SemiAdmin
    This is about the biggest upgrade and is presented as follows:
    [UT2Vote56.UT2VoteSemiAdmin]
    SemiAdmin=(Password="None",SwitchMaps=False,Switch Muts=False,SwitchGames=False,KickPlayers=False,Gam ePassword=False)
    As can be seen several SemiAdmins can be added here by just duplicating this line and changing the password and options.
    It is recommended that a maximum of 10 SemiAdmins are used although the game can accomodate 32.
    Currently there are 5 options available for the SemiAdmin:
    SwitchMaps=False
    If True the SemiAdmin will have access to switching Maps, Restart and RandMap.
    SwitchMuts=False
    If True the SemiAdmin will have access to Mutators.
    SwitchGames=False
    If True the SemiAdmin will have access to switching GameTypes.
    KickPlayers=False
    If True the SemiAdmin will have access to Kicking and Banning Players.
    GamePassword=False
    If True the SemiAdmin will have access to setting a GamePassword.
    This Gamepassword can be found in the Games Menu along with a Restart button.
    This Restart button is available to the SemiAdmin whether he has SwitchMaps access or not.
    NB.. The SemiAdmin has no access whatsoever to a ClanMatch game.
    You login the same as the other Admin:
    Mutate UT2VoteLogin password

MapList sorting
    This to was added several versions ago but never worked properly and has now been fixed and enhancements made on it as well.
    In the IniOnly section there is a MapListSort=
    MapListSort=0 will sort the maps from A to Z
    MapListSort=1 will sort the maps from Z to A
    MapListSort=2 this is new and it will randomize the maplist differently on every level.
    MapListSort=3 this basically does no sorting at all and uses them as found.
    The error in the Readme by swapping 2 and 3 has also been fixed.

Thank you!!!

Comment

5.5 was the start of the revolution. 5.6 builds on it.

Comment

awesome, just wish the expand button was different, I've had ppl say it's hard to find 8|

Comment

I could use it... but I don't have internet.

But I'll keep it in mind. Nice work.

Comment

Before I go rack my brain trying this, can anyone tell me if MapMixer is a mutator you can use with ut2vote? I've been using ut2vote forever and haven't gotten it to work with MapMixer before (I haven't tried recently, ie- in the last 1+ year).

I just like the HUD stats that MapMixer gives and most of all the mutators you can tie to each map for different map lists. For instance, I can have one map list full of low-grav maps, one map list for MatrixMoves, one map list for vanilla DM. I like MapMixer for this because you don't have to vote in the mutators and then restart the level and also because it just keeps track of which maps I've set up as best for those mutators.

In the past I THINK the problem was ut2vote was not giving control to MapMixer for the map lists. I'm going to give this a shot but thought I would post here in the meantime to see if anyone has any experience with this.

Comment

What are you trying to do with MapMixer? UT2Vote can do a lot of the stuff MapMixer can.

Comment

i am pretty sure they will still not work together...but as martinblank says, UT2Vote can do all that stuff you want...you can tie specific mutators to specific maps (in specific map lists)...mutators can be map specific, maplist specific, run all the time, whatever you want..

Comment

Well, here's what I'd like to get going: I run a LAN tournament once a week with my workmates. I'd like them to be able to vote from various maplists: One called "low-grav", one "matrix-moves", one "blah blah blah" with all of the maplists each containing their own appropriate mutator.

So I'd like it if when we vote for DM-Antalus from the low-grav maplist, it loads the map with low-grav already set. If they pick DM-Antalus from matrix-moves, it loads the map with it already set.

Can ut2vote do this? Do I feel game-maker coming on?

Comment

Originally posted by prograham View Post
                    Well, here's what I'd like to get going: I run a LAN tournament once a week with my workmates. I'd like them to be able to vote from various maplists: One called "low-grav", one "matrix-moves", one "blah blah blah" with all of the maplists each containing their own appropriate mutator.

So I'd like it if when we vote for DM-Antalus from the low-grav maplist, it loads the map with low-grav already set. If they pick DM-Antalus from matrix-moves, it loads the map with it already set.

Can ut2vote do this? Do I feel game-maker coming on?
                    You could make seperate gametypes for each of those with the preferred mutators, maplists and settings for each gametype. I do it on my LAN. For example, I have a DM, TDM, iDM("i for instagib"), iTDM, eDM("e" for excessive), eTDM, and so on.

Comment

Code:
                      GameType=(GameName="Low Grav",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="lowgravmutatorhere",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=4?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=.5?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")

GameType=(GameName="Matrix Moves",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="martixmovesmutatorhere",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=4?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=.5?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
                      setting UseMaplist=True will allow you to select which maps are votable for each gametype

Comment

You should have put that in code tags.

Oh and can someone can post a screen of UT2Vote56's menu? I'm on 55 and the changes said in the first post say some buttons have been add. I'd like to see.

Comment

Thanks for the help you guys! I'll give it a shot and come back to note whether all went well or if I encounter some more problems.

GameGod- I'll post a couple screenies for you in the next few days if no one else does (I'm away from my server for the weekend).

Comment

Primary

Expanded

Comment

O.O;
                              The reduced interface is hawt!! <3
                              And it won't drive people away. <33

Comment

Working...
                              X