X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSM-Nocturne

Name: OSM-Nocturne Version: v1.0
    Compatability:
    Unreal Tournament 2004. No additional patches, bonus packs, or modifications required. This map makes use of the Old Skool Monsta Toolz game type. All files required to run the map are included.
    Description:
    Something is amiss. An hour of madness, an SOS, then.. nothing. It's dark. And you drew the short straw. OSM-Nocturne is a single player adventure for Unreal Tournament 2004, set at night in an offshore research facility. Hostile creatures have appeared and it's up to you to investigate.
    This map makes use of the Old Skool Monsta Toolz by SuperApe. This is a toolset designed to allow mappers to implement monsters in any gametype, including OSM Adventure, a story-driven singleplayer and cooperative gametype. OSMT is small enough to be distributed with maps. Full easy installation instructions contained within.
    Comments:
    Note that this map is not designed for, nor is compatible with the cooperative function of Old Skool Monsta Toolz. Installation of this map is straight forward. Full installation instructions included. Installation image here, if it helps!
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    Old Skool Monsta Toolz modification by Glenn 'SuperApe' Storm.
    Music fade trigger by Rachael "Angel Mapper" Cordone.
    Minigun Scorpion by Frank "Stormblade" Fitzgerald.
    Skybox by Hipshot.
    Boat mesh by 3DTexturiser.
    Steam Emitters bt Lord_Simeon.
    Voice acting by IBM Research.
    Download:

Approx 23MB .zip:

Mirror 1 (Outpt)
    Mirror 2 (Unreal Playground) (Registration Required)
    Mirror 3+ (NaliCity & Others)

Enjoy!

p.s. There's a redeemer in there, somewhere

If I install this version 1.4 OSMT.u will I still be able to play ResidentUnreal and the other older adventures that were made with previous versions of OSMT.u?

Comment

yep. should have no probs.

Comment

1.4 OSMT didnt showup in gametype menu

is only me ?

Comment

Buffy, Just tried with both original and the OSMT.u supplied with Nocturne and the gametype showed up in the menu both times. Best check again, good luck as this looks very good (could only check out the beginning due to having this thing called work call me away!!).

Duca

Comment

I download again and reinstall again then showup

I have no Idea why didnt show up first time ...
            now it working very well
            thank you

Comment

Any issues with OSMT are usually caused though improper installation. Just re-check it all and it should be tip top. Tested on a fresh, unpatched install. I can't promise that you won't find any issues with the map itself though

Comment

OK played this and done so whats next? Its good but your fog is set up wrong so it looks bad. Probably need to make some adjustments in the zone info fog or skyzone info fog. Anyway I looked at other threads and see Ape talk of a cooperative series of maps to be played online so I really hope we get that soon. I play this through 1 or 2 times and done.

Comment

Hi . . .

I found some things . . .

There's some ammo that respawn (or all the ammo ?) . . .

And a think that I found a bug . . . I make a Boost Combo and just few seconds later, a Cinema appears, stopping my adrenaline combo . . .

Also It happens when I make It and enter in a vehicle . . .

But nice map anyway . . .

EDIT: I NEED A SHIELD GUN . . . (and a flashlight to :P ) . . .

Comment

Good to see this out, outpt.
                    This is a great looking adventure. Very polished. Good job.

...if I may address the OSMT questions...

Originally posted by ANick View Post
                    If I install this version 1.4 OSMT.u will I still be able to play ResidentUnreal and the other older adventures that were made with previous versions of OSMT.u?
                    Absolutely. All new versions to OSMT are backwards compatible. I haven't had to make a non-bw compatible update since the original beta testing (before v1.0). It is always safe to overwrite older versions of OSMT.

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                    (OSM Adventure) didnt showup in gametype menu ... is only me ?
                    Two things could've happened to prevent the OSM Adventure gametype from showing up in your game menu: 1) you already had UT2004 open when you installed or 2) you didn't have an OSM Adventure map in your .../UT2004/Maps directory yet.

Originally posted by Party Boy View Post
                    And a think that I found a bug . . . I make a Boost Combo and just few seconds later, a Cinema appears, stopping my adrenaline combo . . . Also It happens when I make It and enter in a vehicle . . .
                    Adrenaline combos will automatically restart after cutscenes are done, unless you've already run out of adrenaline. Adrenaline combos are cancelled upon entering vehicles, the OSMT code has nothing to do with that and it would be difficult at best to remedy the problem. (but thanks for reporting the things you saw)

Comment

nah, we need co-op maps before that happens. This map won't work with co-op.

Comment

very nice work output !!
                        i still not finished it but there is some very good ideas

Comment

Working...
                        X