ONS-Dreamus2SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-Dreamus2SE

It took me a while to figure out that the Atari UT forums got relocated to Epic's website. Anyway, now that I got that figured out, I can finally release ONS-Dreamus2SE to ya'll my old UT pals.

Name: ONS-Dreamus2SE
    Author: Dario D.
    Homepage: www.deefrag.com
    Download Link: http://www.deefrag.com/files/ONS-Dreamus2SE.zip

For those of you who know the history of Dreamus2, I finally, finally figured out the online server reset problem, and am able to release the first online-ready (and greatly updated) version of the map. I'd normally start droning on about the changes since Dreamus2, but instead I'll just give you the "official" map description, which sums it up in fewer words:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    An overhaul of a Make Something Unreal Contest winner, ONS-Dreamus2SE takes the Dreamus2 dust storm to a new level, with completely redone special effects, new botpaths allowing the bots to use tactics only humans used (utilizing over 80 jump-spots), a fine-tuned layout, and new warping effects.

This version also fixes the online server reset bug present in the original map, and is completely online-ready.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct Download Link: http://www.deefrag.com/files/ONS-Dreamus2SE.zip

If you don't have D2 yet, this is all you need. Hope to see some of you online.

It is an honour for me to dedicate my 5000th post to this map. The original was great, looking forward to this one.

Downloading now. Giving feedback tomorrow.

Comment

Holy ****! Finally!
      I've been playing the beta since its release. I'm so glad to see it finally done, what took you so long?
      This deffinately is the best ONS map I've played. I think die-hard DM fans that hate ONS would actually love this map due to the way it plays.

Whats the changes since its beta equivelent? Just the server bug fix, or do we have new surprises in there?

Comment

You da man Dario!

Nuff said!

Comment

zomg

I'd still like to pester you about the specific changes.

Comment

From what I can see, there has been a lot of little changes. All the little health viles in the elevator room have been replaced with a keg of health. Many of the effects have been changed. Bot pathing appears to have been tweaked a bit. I'd have to check an older version, but the node locations seemed a bit different to me. That could be that I just haven't played it in awhile. The double damage warp tunnel is still off limits to the bots. It is also still in a location that makes it for the most part useless to anyone on the blue team. I was hoping that would have been changed.

That is about all I can see for right now.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, all
              Whats the changes since its beta equivalent? Just the server bug fix, or do we have new surprises in there?
              Oh, I can't even remember. I know that the particle systems are a lot more optimized, and everything is has detail settings now, so people with Medium and Low World Detail settings (who obviously have struggling framerate) don't see all of the particle systems, which speeds up the map greatly for them.

The double damage warp tunnel is still off limits to the bots. It is also still in a location that makes it for the most part useless to anyone on the blue team. I was hoping that would have been changed.
              Actually, having played countless time on both teams, I can easily say that Blue Team has the fastest access to the ball-train, because they take the Manta almost 100% of the time, whereas Red Team alternates going on foot, which takes a lot longer.

But even if you go on foot, I timed to see what the difference was, and Blue Team takes exactly 18 seconds to go from their megahealth on the roof to the bottom of the secret area, whereas it takes Red Team 12 seconds to do the same thing, starting from their megahealth... which is a 4-second difference. And, of course, both teams always have the option of taking the Manta, and doing so takes an equal amount of time for both teams. (honestly, I rarely ever go on foot, no matter which team I'm on - the Manta is just faster)

Comment

yay finally ...

but I already have this map from Nalicity
                http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9430
                is any plan to make more nice map ?

Comment

I thought this day would never come. Bless you Dario.

Comment

Thanks. I just released a trailer for Gunreal, and might make a flythrough of Dreamus. I always thought the best way to showcase a map is with a flythrough or recording of ingame action, because there's only so much you can understand from screenshots. If you can have the assurance that it's good, without having to download and play it in order to decide, it just makes it so much more accessible to those who are unsure.

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                    is any plan to make more nice map?
                    Not for UT2004. UT3, for my mod.

Comment

Great map, but my hardware is just not quite up to the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by nfleming View Post
                        Great map, but my hardware is just not quite up to the challenge.
                        Actually, all of the particle systems are set to only appear when your World Detail Level is at certain levels. If you have an older PC, you can gain a serious performance boost by setting World Detail Level to Normal or Low. Each setting disables certain particle effects, like the dust/smoke/fire, etc.

Comment

Woooo Dreamus! I love this map. Inspiration to the end. Every piece of the map.

Loved the first one.

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Dario D. View Post
                            For those of you who know the history of Dreamus2, I finally, finally figured out the online server reset problem, and am able to release the first online-ready (and greatly updated) version of the map.
                            Wow, I remember writing about this bug years ago when I helped run Fragilicious! What was the cause of the crash?

Comment

Cloned Emitters that were created with the Particle System Editor. Apparently, you should only create NEW emitters, and not clone them
                              Someone wrote a tool (which hasnt been released, as far as I know) that can flush a map's emitters clean, and allow you to re-import them fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X