Clear All

Ballistic Weapons Birthday Bonus Weapon

Name:
    Ballistic Weapons bonus weapon pack 2

Compability:
    Unreal Tournament 2004 version 3369
    Ballistic Weapons version 1.72

Description:
    This pack adds the HVC-Mk9 Lightning gun weapon to the Ballistic Weapons mod.

Author:
    The authors of this additional weapon is RuneStorm, the talented guys behind Ballistic Weapons and JunkWar.

Comments:
    One year ago, RuneStorm released its first major mod, Ballistic Weapons. Although it was intended to be more than just a hefty new weapons mod, this project has really grown into something awesome! BW strikes a very enjoyable balance, taking many elements from realistic style weapons, but never turning the game into some kind of frustrating combat simulator! Our intention was to deliver something for everyone and, as such, the mod is highly scalable and customizable with settings for everything from accuracy and damage to weapon loadouts and new crosshairs. Different players will be capable of doing well with the style of weapon that suits them, not simply the most powerful gun in the arena. We beleive that BW offers something to both arena maniacs as well as the more tactical players.

If you are unfortunate enough to believe that BW is only for people seeking a realism mod like CS, then you are definitely missing out big time!

Another point worth mentioning is that all the content has been developed to a very high technical standard, featuring good looking weapons, all new sound effects and some impressive animations that actiually involve the hands on screen.

After one year the Ballistic Weapons has evloved quite a bit. It now hosts 20 weapons, with 3 more in a bonus pack, a great arena blood mutator, countless features and a hosts of customizable options and gameplay enhancements. This mod does a lot more than add a few guns, it can dramatically change UT2004 and make it a much more fun experience!

To celebrate the occasion, RuneStorm decided to do something unique and unexpected, something we weren't already intending to do. We settled on a lightning gun idea and built up a design involving some unique features and inovative characteristics. As development of the project progessed, it became clear that this weapon was exactly what we were looking for. Although we set out to create something unique, impressive and of a high standard, none of us ever expected it to turn out quite as well as it has! The deisgn, graphical quality and, most of all, playability of this weapon surpassed everyone's expectations and literally shocked the members of our beta team!

The HVC-Mk9 Lightning gun is an extremely fun weapon, capable of lifting enemies into the air or throwing them into space. The tactics and techniques of using this great weapon are numerous and we'll leave it up to you discover them all...

Screenshots:

Homepage:
    www.runestorm.za.net - Everything about RuneStorm's work are to be found here.

Download:
    www.runestorm.za.net
    You'll need to download & install Ballistic Weapons 1.70 and then the 1.72 patch to be able to use this weapons pack.

And be sure to visit the forums on their website if you want to discuss about the mod or simply ask for help that you may be having.

Enjoy!

looks nice! gj

Comment

It is a very very nice and awesome weapon (beta tested it myself ).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants
        It is a very very nice and awesome weapon (beta tested it myself ).
        Grabbed it this morning, it's insane. Reminds me of the Quake III one.

Any news on when ballistic dual-wield will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by råZør
          Any news on when ballistic dual-wield will be released?
          It is expected in version 2.0 of BW, which is due out in the next few months

Comment

Omg !!!

wow nice hot new weapon ! yay !!!

Comment

Great weapon and really well done animations. I had some reservations when I first used it but then I saw how to employ it strategically. Good solid work as always RS.

Comment

THIS GUN ROCKS. This is the REAL definition of a lighting gun, shocks the crud out of anything that moves. Very effective at owning in invasion but if you have FF on your buddies will give you a shock to the system. great animations. Its a very good weapon for people like me that like close and mid range combat ZAP ZAP ZAP

Comment

Am I the only one who get's an error message everytime I try to use it?
                  Shame, cuz it really looks like the dopest weapon ever made for ut2k4

Comment

Originally posted by cyberax
                    It is expected in version 2.0 of BW, which is due out in the next few months
                    Runestorm, you guys are truly amazing. By far the most reliable Unreal modders I've ever known. I'm looking forward to seeing more content from you guys... like those hands that hold the guns... who do they belong to?

And the Skirth? What do they look like?

Comment

what kind of Error messege ?

Originally posted by Mike.S
                      you can copy and past error messege here then they can help you

Comment

is Flame thrower is include too??

Filefrom have screenshot so .. is miss take ?
                        http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...k_2_UMOD;70103

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.S
                          I'm not sure, but I think you need to have Ballistic Weapons installed to use it. Don't quote me on that though. You also should have all bonus packs and latest version of the game to make compatibility bulletproof.

Comment

Hi

thanks for the comments all

to get this working, u need the latest UT2k4 v3369, and BW v1.72.. that should do it.. then use something like the ballistic swapper, arena, or 3rd party stuff like worm..

Comment

I saw a flammer I want to burn stuff. Also I've seen a magnum on the weapon list when using worms and its not useable? The magnum is on BW w/o this weapon pack????

Comment

Working...
                              X