• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens Monsters(Fixed)

Name: AliensFixed
    Author: INIQUITOUS & ProZak
    FileName: AliensFixed.zip (7.6mb)
    Release Date: 01/09/06
    Credits: Me & ProZak and the creator of the original EDWAlienMutes EvilDrWong
    Software used: UnrealEd 3
    Compatibility: Ut2004

Description:
    The Alien and AlienQueen from the films, EDW originally released these but the animations and such wouldn't work online. That is what i have fixed in this version aswell as the error logs and many other smaller "bugs". They are both melee fighting monsters with configurable health for invasion. Both are compatible with RPG aswel.

Always read the Readme.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Nice work, I tried them immediately in Instant Action but was a bit sad not to see the queen more powerful. I set the queens stats as high as I could in satore (max health, max strength) and whilst the health was great I stood there with 100 health being mauled by a queen and took hardly any damage. I may be missing something but is there a line you could add in your ini so as to increase its power?

Oh, and the Queen can be a bit dumb sometimes, quite often they would "stall" and start in melee combat with no one around, this happened on a couple of maps and could well be a problem with those maps, don't know for sure. Thanks for the effort though in correcting their original issues.

Duca

Comment

Originally posted by Ducatisto
      Oh, and the Queen can be a bit dumb sometimes, quite often they would "stall"
      That happens with every monster if it cant find a path to you. When i play instant action with default settings the queen kills me in less than 3 seconds if i just stand and do nothing... 1 lunge damage takes away 20hp and then one claw strike takes away 30hp... any more damage and the queen would be doing instagib damage. You have to balance it out for people who are not as good as you may be at invasion. That's why you can configure their health so they take longer to die if you are more experienced, or shorter if you are less experienced. Hope you understand. The satore configs can be abit dodgy and i have noticed on my machine it never affects the health but it does affect the damage, thats why all my monsters always come with their own seperate health configs, now i see that the damage can be buggy i will keep that in mind.After i have done the DoomPackv2 i can always do a AliensFixedv2 with configurable damage.

(You didn't put GodMode on and forgot about it did you? )

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Lol, no I was not in god mode!! The only thing I could contribute the lack of damage was that I had the wave configured at less then 1. I upped the Wave Difficulty to 3 and got well and truly "Queened"!! Thanks for the consideration of adding configurable damage.

Comment

yay nice update !
          this so scary Invasion too ...

Comment

Hi Buffy, they are the same so no need to overwrite them.

Duca

Comment

Wow thats great, thx a lot!

Comment

it dosen't work online on the {TARD} Server

Comment

They are probably using the old version, just like many other servers that are not aware that this new version is out.

+RE

Comment

yes they dont update new monsters longtime

Originally posted by INIQUITOUS
                    They are probably using the old version, just like many other servers that are not aware that this new version is out.

+RE
                    and they dont know new monster is out so you have to e-mail to admin and give him info & download link

Comment

Originally posted by Matty
                      it dosen't work online on the {TARD} Server

I have not yet uploaded the fixed version to the server.

Comment

ohh lol, but i thought u said it didn't work

Comment

Working...
                        X