No announcement yet.

New version of the Necro Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Look's cool!!! Downloading now!!!!!!

Comment

I've made a v2 now of this combo, with more configurable things specifically for TAM. heres an extract from the read me :
      Code:
      Sacrifice:
      Set to true, and the adren-player will sacrifice half of his health + armour to give to the resurrected player.
      Set to false, and the adren-player won't lose anything.

Min Health On Revive: and Min Shield On Revive: (set to 25, and 25.0 respectively)
      Set to 0, and "Sacrifice" is disabled, and the revived player will get full health/shield (depending on the round in TAM, if Challenge Mode is enabled)
      Set > 0, and if half of the adren-player's health/shield is less than this, then both the adren player (if sacrifice is enabled) and the revived player will have at least this amount of health/shield.

Random Generator Seed:
      The default necro combo mutator uses a set seed of 1000 - this works grand in Invasion, where scores frequently move into the triple, and even quadruple, figure range. But in tam, scores are rarely > 100, and never > 200.
      The seed is used to create a random number between 0 and the seed - and if a player's score is > than this random number, then they are resurrected (not REALLY how it's done, but basically). So if the seed is 0-1000 then it's not really a fair representation of a TAM game. I've added it as a configurable option, and set the default to 150, which will give a random number between 0 and 150.
      Things fixed:
      spawning effect fixed for the player who is brought back.
      Camer bug fixed where you sometimes kept on spectating
      TAM v3 bug fixed where if you did the combo and it was invalid it would drain adren anyway.

There is only one issue left, but i must stress that it is not a bug on ComboNecro's part. If you disable invis in TAM v3 then the combo necro is also disabled, but this happens with any custom combo including the bonus ones - pint sized and camoflage. This is a bug with TAM v3, not any combo.

enjoy!

DownLoad v2 here

Comment

The new Version is also not working with Tam V3.141 online. When you play instant action all is working fine.
        When you play on a server and your adrenalin reaches 100 and a teammember is dead and you use the necro combo (bbff) to wake up your teammate, "necromania" shows up, but your adrenalin stays at 100 and no teammate joins. Invis is also active

Comment

It was tested online with 3 human players, also i tested it online myself with bots and it worked/works everytime, it also still works fine with invasion. We used default TAM settings basically. So unless you are using another mut/mod etc.. that might be affecting it or your TAM settings are very different then it should work/does work fine.

Can i stress that I can't be expected to make everything I make work with custom muts/mods thar are constantly being updated! As this is a problem/bug with TAMv3 please can you tell them and not me...It's an issue that needs to be fixed in the next TAM release as this bug also happens with every other custom combo.(which all also worked fine in TAM v2)....

p.s it says "Necromancy !" not "necromania", maybe you got some settings wrong aswel, check the .ini file and double check your configurable settings.

edit: if you have some conflicting settings then it obviously wont work.

Comment

I had disabled all mutators, only Ut2Vote and Necro Combo was running, but nothing changes and it doesnt work. The same effects that i wrote before, only that it shows "Necromancy !" not "necromania"

Comment

Just for the record - it has actually been tested, extensively, on the unreal.ie TAM server with 10-14 players at any one time.

It works perfectly
              But I can imagine it'd be troublesome if you had another combo that used bbff...

*edit* wait hang on - is this with the very latest version of TAM? (that was released only days ago?)

Comment

Originally posted by zoro View Post
                It works perfectly
                But I can imagine it'd be troublesome if you had another combo that used bbff...

*edit* wait hang on - is this with the very latest version of TAM? (that was released only days ago?)
                I tested it with no Mutators, only ut2Vote, Necro and TAM V3.141. So no other combo there for using bbff. All with standard settings.

Comment

Hmm. Well we're upgrading to 3.14 soon so I'll have a look then too. But it's almost certainly a TAM problem, and not this mutator :/
                  They keep changing stuff

Comment

I've looked at the TAM code and I believe the bug is to do with the string of combos and how it disables them, the bug is with the last combo in the list which happens to be invis, I think it should be easy to fix and should be because with this bug it means no other combos expect the four original can be used with any version of TAM after v3x that's why i'm sticking to v2 until they solve it.

Comment

I sent a PM to AEnubis about it on Monday. Let's hope they come up with a fix in the next version *hint*

Comment

I found now out why this Mut was not running on our Server. If you have "bDisableTeamCombos=False" than the Mut will not work and this will happen what i posted before. When you have "bDisableTeamCombos=True" the Mut is running fine. But who can fix that...3spn or the Creator of this cool Mutator?

Comment

this is a great mut...if you are planning future releases one option that would be nice to have would be bfirstdead=true/false. If this is set to true, then the first player that died is resurrected instead of a random player. This may add some balance, as the first player that dies is many times the least skilled, thus having less impact on the outcome. Just an idea. thanks for your contribution to the community.

Comment

Had your old version installed and have been looking forward to trying this version. I'm having an issue though....using it on tam v3.12 server, challenge mode...I've set the iMinHealthOnRevive=0 and fMinShieldOnRevive=0 in the ini file but resurrected characters are still spawning with 25 health and 25 shield even though I want them to spawn with max available of each. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Found out the problem. The ini file in the zip was called "ComboNecrovv2.ini" when it should have been "ComboNecrov2.ini". If anyone else has this problem, just rename it to appropriate name.

Comment

One option that might be cool for competitive play would be to allow the team to pick who get ressurected. For instance when the alive player does the combo a message could pop up on each dead teammates screen saying "click to be ressurected" and the first one to do so would respawn. That way the best player or a player who also has adren full can ressurect if desired and perhaps booster or ressurect a third player.

Comment

thanks for spotting that mistake Starfire!

Comment

Working...
                                X