DM-UC04-Deadbolt2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPLINATION OF UNDERSTANDING:Movie and more

Ok I think I understand how to explain myself and make you guys understand where I'm coming from.

First off, I should have said "don't want feedback" instead of "don't need feedback".

The main reason I did'nt really want any feedback, is because this map is like an overly tweaked beta map.Due to that fact, and that it is very far from being an exact remake of the original.If I had inteneded to return to the map, I would welcome feedback.

Now here is another big reason, I guess the real main reason why: I'm remaking the map from scratch: more like it's almost done.

Here is a movie of it (PLEASE WATCH):
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...E818C72B1E7FDF

If you watched it, you'll see it's alot different.It was said in this thread that it looks bland, but I think that was the screens, and the fact that it is still incomplete, and yes a little barren,atm.This is also my first foray into creating my own static meshes.Most of the meshes in the movie are texture mapped properly about %80.

Now to clarify it all:

I did'nt want to hear a bunch of stuff that I was'nt going to be listening to anyway.I should have communicated that more clearly.

I am eager to hear any comments on the movie, and what you think from that.

I know Mr.Ugly did'nt like the old version I made, cause it felt large.This new version is I'd say even larger.I think of it sorta like a campgrounds map, or Osiris.It has alot of open area, but still room to get away.I always loved the map from UC2, so if you don't like the original, then you won't like the newer one for sure.

The changes made to this map in this release thread were just added Terrain, and some visual stuff, that just kinda happened.I don't think it's some great piece.Although a decent play, but can get a little nutty.

I hope that helps

Comment

O THAT CLEARED THINGS UP

Ha SP witch program do you use to record in game play???

Comment

Originally posted by p2xelgen
        O THAT CLEARED THINGS UP

Ha SP witch program do you use to record in game play???

So that did not at least make a little sense?

I use dumpframes, and MS MM.

SONY-56K-UK-PRO :

You PM'd me, but I weas unable to PM you back cause it says you do not allow PM's!

Comment

Closing on 50post. You should be honoured SP.

Comment

I really don't care dood

Comment

Don't give him such a hard time, people beg for these remakes in other threads and he gets the job done. If you don't like remakes than don't download his work.

Personally I'm not a big fan of UC2 played the DEMO didn't like it.

But he does have decent skills, I too am plagued with lack of original map ideas.

Comment

Who's giving him a hard time, SP should have worded his thread opener better. I mean posting on a forurm and then asking for no comments, well that was just asking for it. But I do agree with you cUnNiNg StUnTs, SP would be a a very good map ...

Comment

Originally posted by cUnNiNg_StUnTs
                  Don't give him such a hard time, people beg for these remakes in other threads and he gets the job done. If you don't like remakes than don't download his work.

Personally I'm not a big fan of UC2 played the DEMO didn't like it.

But he does have decent skills, I too am plagued with lack of original map ideas.
                  Thanx!!!!

I feel a little appreciated now!

Comment

Now now children it’s a map and a pretty substandard map at that. Personally I really did not like it. For me its just to Big and open not enough tight spaces. Every were just seems to be open and there for really pointless due to the fact that bots suck at big open spaces. Which by the way makes this map pretty poor to play as I am mainly an offline player. The visuals are basic, hell id play in a tin can as long as the playability was good but as said playability on this map is horrendous offline. I can pick off a godlike bot like there’s no tomorrow.

In the end this maps missing looks and playability.

Comment

Those are quite good recreations of UC2's maps

Any plans to do a DM ColdFusion?

Comment

Working...
                      X