No announcement yet.

DM-UC04-Deadbolt2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUT NOW I FEEL I AM. Not prefect in every respect, but dang close.
    You do have a high opinion of your self.

Edit: I wonder why you deleted your own post.

Comment

Only God, and a rat know that answer.

Comment

Originally posted by RichyB
        You do have a high opinion of your self.

Edit: I wonder why you deleted your own post.
        I am speakng of the maps in respect to the BSP scaling.I still have alot to learn so....

The post was deleted because I double posted on acciedent.

Also um in respect to the works at hand barring This ACTUAL map, I am not the original creator thus I am not high on myself, but the maps they already are.

I am proud I was able to get this stuff done, but I am aware of my abilities and inabilities.

All I can say is I trust my BSP recreation on these maps.

They are what they are: remakes, for fun.

So how could anyone think they're all that awesome doing remakes?

I mean C'mon.The maps there for you.The hard part is making it exact in terms of shape etc, and scale.This map that the thread is for prooves this>LOL,It's just not like the original map.I made this version out of my head, and memory.

If it was some kind of attempt at an original work, and I presumed greatness, then yeah I'd see your point.

I think the original forms of these maps are fantastic.
        You may or may not agree.Just like I might like Osiris and you do not.Cause it's Tooo big or whatever.

Sorry man, but I alot of peole I guess mistake confidence for arrogance.I guess some see it that way.All I am confident in is the pre-exisitng greatness of these maps.I am confident in my ability to faithfully recreate them to a desirable level.

I do not presume to be some innovator, or champion of mapping.
        I dont dilute myself in to that realm of thought.

I am simply the guy who like to recreate UC related stuff for 2k4, a little small niche.Real big times tuff you know(sarcasim).

I do thsi mostly for me, and my friends who enjoy these levels.Others share the intrest as well.
        Thats not arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
          I am speakng of the maps in respect to the BSP scaling.I still have alot to learn so....

The post was deleted because I double posted on acciedent.

Also um in respect to the works at hand barring This ACTUAL map, I am not the original creator thus I am not high on myself, but the maps they already are.

I am proud I was able to get this stuff done, but I am aware of my abilities and inabilities.

All I can say is I trust my BSP recreation on these maps.

They are what they are: remakes, for fun.

So how could anyone think they're all that awesome doing remakes?

I mean C'mon.The maps there for you.The hard part is making it exact in terms of shape etc, and scale.This map that the thread is for prooves this>LOL,It's just not like the original map.I made this version out of my head, and memory.

If it was some kind of attempt at an original work, and I presumed greatness, then yeah I'd see your point.

I think the original forms of these maps are fantastic.
          You may or may not agree.Just like I might like Osiris and you do not.Cause it's Tooo big or whatever.

Sorry man, but I alot of peole I guess mistake confidence for arrogance.I guess some see it that way.All I am confident in is the pre-exisitng greatness of these maps.I am confident in my ability to faithfully recreate them to a desirable level.

I do not presume to be some innovator, or champion of mapping.
          I dont dilute myself in to that realm of thought.

I am simply the guy who like to recreate UC related stuff for 2k4, a little small niche.Real big times tuff you know(sarcasim).

I do thsi mostly for me, and my friends who enjoy these levels.Others share the intrest as well.
          Thats not arrogant.
          Umm what?

Comment

Btw, I DO like the updated version more than deadbolt][, it's just that one mesh has always bothered me because it's such an easy fix and I'm unhappy you changed the music track.

I'm not too keen on the screens for the deadboltuc2 version though, I just feel that one looks dull and rather generic, if that's how the UC2 map really looks, I think the one you just released is a whole lot better. Horizon looks neat though.

Comment

HEy guys do give me some help on one thing:

Weapon placement

I am trying to add some risk vs reward with just Gun placement alone.Kinda like in Rankin, when you go for the Shock it's pretty dangerous alot of times.
              So please let me know what you think about weapon placement.

In the new version I have the Sniper across from UDamage, Shock my main pillar, and rox near the rear left elevator so far.
              Originally posted by RichyB
              Umm what?
              After reading my own statement it did seem a little popmpus, but that was due to poor writing. So I tried to explain further

Comment

Having said that, I really don't need any feedback.
                None? Every mapper needs feedback to improve, at any skill level. Noob or Pro. If you can't
                take criticism then find another hobby, or don't make public announcements about
                your work.

That said, judging by the screenshots, I think it looks decent. But since you don't want feedback
                I won't download it.

Comment

Originally posted by sHoKaZuLu
                  That said, judging by the screenshots, I think it looks decent. But since you don't want feedback
                  I won't download it.
                  Unfortunately this is what must people think when reading the comment shok just quoted. You do your self no favours by writing like that shred-prince. You do want people to download your map right? And shocks input would have been great for you to. Any way enough of this good luck on your map shred.

Comment

See thing is I already know it's shortcomings, so why waste your breath.

The other thing is in my experinces, froums mebers don't provide feedback.They nit pick stupid ****.

I feel like the only people around able to give actual legitimate feedback are Angerl Mapper, and DG_Unreal.

Saying it's too big, or the scale seems whatever is not feedback: it's complaining.

IF you can tell me something that will actually improve my knowledge then great.

Chances are, there's not alot you can tell me about this map.

Unless your like the ultimate UED master: Like DG or Angel.

I don't give a flying Freak if you download the map.Either you like it or you don't.

So I guess you won't be buying UT2007 cause there is not feedback for the maps ehh.....most retarded sheot I've ever heard>>>LOL

Comment

welp- with the attitude I've seen displayed on this (and other) threads I'll most likely just steer clear of any work you produce.
                      Being argumentive towards everyone is plain silly. If you don't want feedback on your stuff (whether you want it or not), don't post your work. There--fixed: no public post- no feedback. Everyone's happy now.

Also- I know a bunch of people on this forum that give great feedback, but hey- that could just be me. Perhaps it's how you approach folks and that's why you're getting the feedback you're getting.

Just a thought.

edit: And feedback on scale is valuable feedback. That should be one of the first things fixed as it will affect the entire map- its playability, deco, flow and on and on.

-Axe

Comment

See thing is I already know it's shortcomings, so why waste your breath.

The other thing is in my experinces, froums mebers don't provide feedback.They nit pick stupid ****.

I feel like the only people around able to give actual legitimate feedback are Angerl Mapper, and DG_Unreal.

Saying it's too big, or the scale seems whatever is not feedback: it's complaining.

IF you can tell me something that will actually improve my knowledge then great.

Chances are, there's not alot you can tell me about this map.

Unless your like the ultimate UED master: Like DG or Angel.

I don't give a flying Freak if you download the map.Either you like it or you don't.

So I guess you won't be buying UT2007 cause there is not feedback for the maps ehh.....most retarded sheot I've ever heard>>>LOL
                        One even if I was the worst author on earth I can still give feedback as a player. You don’t need to be an Angelmapper to give feedback players are the must important part of map making, after all its player who will be playing your map at the end of the day.

I really don’t like the way you are. A good author accepts good or bad crit even if its not just. You on the other hand take offence to it and consequently start dishing dirt back out. If you carry on I and maybe some others will just ignore you and move on. I don’t want to but if you keep with the attitude I will.

Comment

I guess since I'm a musician I do not carre.

Musicains tend to put it out there, and you decide: it's not going to be for everyone, that comes with the territory.

Please don't take this as "the way I am".

It's just for this map: I'll need much feedback in future.

Basically whats the point Richy?? you know how old this map is.

Plus that UE2 is dang near old news.

IF you'd deny playing map for anything but the fact you did not have fun on it is stupid.

Comment

Thanks buddy, you just insulted 99% of the community. If you feel like no one gives good feedback, why do you POST in the beta forums?

IMO, if you are to be part of the community of Unreal developers and fans, it might make sense to actually listen to them once in awhile, or at least give them more credit than you currently do.

Comment

oh so very true. but remember i'm apart that 99% whos feedback doesn't matter.

Comment

the idea was that angel_mapper and DGUnreal represent the 1% whose opinions count, while the rest of us count for the remaining 99%. mr. uglypants, you are in the 99% of us whose opinions don't count, according to shredprince.

Comment

Working...
                                X