Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-UC04-Deadbolt2k4

Name: DM-UC04-Deadbolt2k4

Version: 3rd or 4th version:Basically ultimate final.I would hope this map is not beta despite it's "mappage" shortcomings.On that note I am well aware of it's issues.It is quite old, it lacked TERRAIN before, and thats the most major change, and some visual improvements as well

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: Ultimate incarnation of the remake of the UC2 map I made about a year ago.This version was basically from memory, and a more accurate remake is in the works and will be released in less than 2 months.

Comments: Terrain added, visual improvments.

Screenshot:

Credits:
    SuperWitch
    InstaChris
    OzClan
    BetaTesters(Search forums for old maps, see below)
    Epic Games
    Homepage:None
    Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+UC04+D.../fileinfo.html
    More Mirrors Soon!

README FILE:

DM-UC04-Deadbolt2k4
    ================================================== ================================================== ====
    INSTALLATION:

Unzip the archive, and place the file in the appropriate folders in your UT2004 directory.

Guide:
    .ut2 files go in Maps\
    .ogg files go in Music\

PREVIOUS VERSIONS THAT ARE OBSELETE AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM WEB HOSTING SITES:
    DM-Deadolt][
    DM-[MM]-Detholt][
    DM-Deadolt_v2][
    ================================================== ==========
    Copyright / Permissions
    -----------------------
    This level is copyright 2006, by Michael Corey McCaa.

Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit
    permission from the Original Author.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any
    other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit permission!

You are NOT to distribute this level through any electronic network (internet (web/ftp),
    FIDO, local BBS etc.),

PREFABS, AND OTHER FILE EXPORTS (.obj etc) OF THE MAPS ARE NOT ALLOWED WIHTOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSON!

Unreal® Tournament 2004 (c)2004 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unreal
    and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other
    trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

================================================== ==========

MUSIC:
    Transistor by Kevin Riepel
    ================================================== ================================================== ====
    Thanx:

UC2 community
    SuperWitch
    Oz Clan
    SDVenom
    LancerX7 FOR TEXTURES!!!!!
    Epic Games
    InstaChris

Other than that:

I learned alot making this map.It was the first real venture I made intoa serious remake challenge.
    I have made more since then, and you'lll see them soon.

Having said that, I really don't need any feedback.This is just to announce release.

Thanx for your non-commenting on mapping posts

ah cool this thread has screen shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
      So what should we talk about, the weather?

Edit: what are you doing releasing old but improved work for? I would have thought you would have made some thing new, how many years have you worked on this map for? I do see improvements from the last one but not as much as I thought there would have been by now. Also what’s up with the skybox it looks blurry boxy and just look bad to me. Hazel has one that would have fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally Posted by ShredPrince
        I really don't need any feedback.This is just to announce release.

SP
        I do remember playing this map sum time ago, can’t really see much change let alone improvement. Why to you persist in using those same sets of UC2 textures. Try creating something fresh, with a new layout and theme. I'm sure SP you can do a whole lot better, rehashing doesn’t work for me...

Comment

I don't know why, but when I looked at the pictures I saw a big Bio Rifle.

Of course I love using the Bio Rifle, so nice job

Comment

Has the scale of the map been reduced since the last release, cause back then you felt like a mouse in a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants
              Has the scale of the map been reduced since the last release, cause back then you felt like a mouse in a house.
              LMAO, nope its still the same size.

Comment

Quite a few visual changes I like here, overall i'd cal it an improvement, but you still havent fixed that one friggin' slightly misalligned floor mesh that flickers along the edge that I pointed out two versions ago. Also, there was no need to change the music, the one you used before was much better.

Comment

HEy guys: you'll see the new stuff I've been working on soon.Like next few days.

Nah these changes just came from other maps TBH,

Like I discoverd what I needed to do to get terrain, while maikng another map, and the textures were improved on other UC2 stuff I did.

Blah blah on whatever with this map: it is old as hell.

NEw projects coming Soon:
                  DM-Praxis BETA
                  DM-Horizon BETA
                  DM-DeadboltUC2<----------Totally remade, much larger, "mouse in a business office"

Originally posted by Alopex
                  Quite a few visual changes I like here, overall i'd cal it an improvement, but you still havent fixed that one friggin' slightly misalligned floor mesh that flickers along the edge that I pointed out two versions ago. Also, there was no need to change the music, the one you used before was much better.
                  Sorry I missed it, these were'nt really big changges to make that I have done.I guess it seems like more effort than it really is.
                  Originally posted by p2xelgen

SP
                  I do remember playing this map sum time ago, can’t really see much change let alone improvement. Why to you persist in using those same sets of UC2 textures. Try creating something fresh, with a new layout and theme. I'm sure SP you can do a whole lot better, rehashing doesn’t work for me...
                  I WAS working on a UC2004 mod, and we were going for a cerrtain theme first due to assests.Now this doesn't fully apply to this map, but the texture set in question is waht is needed for about 8 UC2 maps: thats why I wanted to do alot with thesee textures, wait for the other two maps I made with this theme beofre you say that ...LOL

Nah I have moved on finally, I wanted to put them down before I actually did, absolutley right you are.

On that note, you'll see the new stuff in a few days.

Glad nobody likes the updated version

I thought someone would be happy there is terrain.
                  Nope, it's actually smaller than original Ugly;Scaled down.

The version that is NEW will be out soon, and I guess you guys will hang me for rebuilding it from scratch too.

THis is what I enjoy, and is the only reason I do it.

I'm not one of these dudes all trying to think Im the next Cliffy B.

Comment

Shred's WIP's:BETAS COMING NEXT WEEK!

Let me say I make these maps moslty fo rmy own enjoyment, and those who share my love of the UC2 enviroments.

I previoulsy was not skilled enough to do faithful, to a "t" recreations.BUT NOW I FEEL I AM.
                    Not prefect in every respect, but dang close.

DM-DeadboltUC2

(DG UNREAL HELPED ME OPTIMIZE TAUGHT ME HOW TO REALLY WORK A TERRAIN)
                    You guys are gonna hate me, but rebuilt from scratch to match the orignal.
                    Like I said myself, I got my sealegs on the map this thread is based upon.
                    My work is alot cleaner now overal IMO.

As you can see this version is much larger.Some might whine and complain "It is hitscan dominant".I belive that happens from weapon layouts, not map construction i most cases.I mean 2k4 has a few sizeable DM maps that are balanced well for combat IMO, and they have large open areas in them.Having said that, this version is scaled as close as proably humanly psooible with the original.There might be one or two brushes near the top of the level that are not the exact same thing made in the Epic version.As far as the playable area is concerned, It's right on.You could turn on UC2, and this version, and compare them.

DM-1on1-HorizonUC2
                    (2-4 players)
                    Yes it uses the same texture set, but hey, thats what the original uses.
                    This one was the first map I made especially as a UC2 direct copy.
                    It's very small, and a true 1v1 map.Not great for even 6 players.4 is a strectch.It is very fun for 1v1, but that's about it.It realy shines in this respect IMO, but if you take it out of that style of play, it's not so great.
                    LIke Gael to me in a way, but just a little more "pathy".

This is one of TWO maps that I was plannning on allowing the UC2004 mod to use.
                    I left the mod due to inactivity, and was percived as arrogant, cause I have some confidence in Praxis.I was awaiting meshes for it alon with Praxis, but am now going to do them myself, as well as a ones for futre maps of this theme.

Comment

Ha SP, never said I did'nt like your work. I feel that you could be a good level designer if you put your mind to it.

…“Something new, something fresh”…

Comment

Good to know its scaled down, was much to large last time, also did you get rid of those pictures of Star Wars and other stuff?

Comment

DM-PraxisUC2

This one has been the biggest pain in my butt ever since I started it.It was pain to make, it has been nothing but drama among collaborators.I had one dude already try to steal it a long long time ago...but it was a stupid BSP test I threw him that suxored.I have been waitng and waiting for assets that were promised, and still have'nt recived one.So I'm going to make them myslef.This one might still be a ways away due to that fact.I now have my long time pair of second eye's on his own PC able to map stuff for me, and do grunt work now, so This will end up leading to more maps in the end due to the meshes I will make of this theme.I know it'll be exausting to some, but I personally really like the look, and can't get enough of it.

Now it has been argued that Prixs needs adjusting.I never hear a peep about Horizon.
                          I think Praxis is pretty much right on, maybe the top area, the main part is a little wide, but I really don't belive it, and feel like when it's meshed, it will fell right on.

I will be releaseing Betas soon to hopefully get some objective opinions, I hope.

Good to know its scaled down, was much to large last time, also did you get rid of those pictures of Star Wars and other stuff?

LOL.....

Ugly, Download the map dude....you obviously have not played it in a long old time my man.

Comment

nm!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by p2xelgen
                              Ha SP, never said I did'nt like your work. I feel that you could be a good level designer if you put your mind to it.

…“Something new, something fresh”…
                              My plans are to finfish all this **** you see I have on the table then get to that^

Thanx though

I will have something nasty at least once more for 2k4, and one already planned for UE3 that is original.It could'nt be done on 2k4

Comment

Working...
                              X