No announcement yet.

Doom3MonsterPack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ID might demand to stop development and remove the download. They're very nervous about using their assets in other games, especially in UT.

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx
      I think ID might demand to stop development and remove the download. They're very nervous about using their assets in other games, especially in UT.
      Calm down and relax, these monsters have been ported to UT since 2004, so if anything ID are abit late. Plus we (meaning me and UbH) take no credit for the models/textures etc...

The textures, sounds etc... are either embedded in the animation files or the system files

Thanks buffy again

They are a skinpack! but the system files have long been lost i think buffy might have them tho!

about vagary.ukx not working on redirect.. i have had the same problem on my server, most people have just waited and downloaded it very slowly.... we have been trying to work on a way to force it or to make it send the file through our FTP but nothing seems to be working and there isnt any reason why. (if you did not add the server package line or the preload mut then it wouldn't tell you to download the file). Any ideas anyone?

Edit: i noticed that in the .uc files for vagary, it refers to Vagary.ukx, where as the animation file is vagary.ukx, i wondered if this might be the reason so i chnaged my .ukx file to uppercase V and the game accepted it, and i could see her etc.. so i decided to upload it to redirect and delete me animation file and see what happened. It sends me the version with the upper V but stil at a slow rate.... :S

Comment

OK i fixed it with my server. Here is how. The .uc was pointing to a Vagary.ukx, not vagary.ukx, i wasn't confident this was the reason but both my FTP and i think the redirect is Linux and case sensitive. So i uploaded the new Vagary.ukx to my server and the redirect and now it works! I've updated the download, the only change is vagary.ukx to Vagary.ukx.

Comment

This is a great addition to INV. Thanks INIQUITOUS!

I have the satoremonsterpack along with this and both work great. Does anyone know of any other monster packs out there that I can add into INV as well? Thanks in advance.

Comment

then what the hell is going on with my game? i only play instant action with 10 bots. well, the footsteps aren't there when i play i don't know why. vagary shoots really fast indeed and i didn't change a thing.

the problem with them just standing there while they attack me is seen in the screenshots buffytheslayer posted in the previous page. the first one shows the hellknight doing the growl thing, that's what they do -after- i die. when they attack me they just stand there just like in the second picture and many times jumping on me.
            i don't know what's wrong really, i'm using a couple of mutators: ZoN, IE2, Ballistic arena, bloody hell, and the preload mutators for this pack and the monsterpreloadv2.
            I really don't think the mutators are the problem. About the sounds, it's complicated, when I choose 3d sound, I can hear all the gunfire and other stuff very good but radio messages, footsteps and that things are like a lot less heard, like if the volume for those were in less than 10 of 100. If i choose eax or the other option, it's the other way, i can hear everything, but sounds like when i shoot can't be heard loud enough. Is that a common UT04 problem? or is it that I need something to make it work right?

Comment

UBH's Latest Doom3 models link

I cant find latest version's download link so I did upload again
              server fix patch included
              this model pack I use..
              http://ini.hazelwhorley.com/DoomMonsters.html

Comment

thanks buffy, will update the link on my site tomorrow

Comment

thanks for the awesome content!

Comment

then can somebody tell me why they don't have ragdolls for me? they just do the death animations, they don't fly away with fisics, neither do they experiment dismemberment althought the gibs are flying away from the body.
                    why does this happen to me?

Comment

INIQUITOUS,

Seems your site is down. Didn't know if you knew it. I was trying to get the preloader..

Thanks

Comment

yeah i know about it, thanks Ga8or, it was the host, it's back up now tho

Comment

Originally posted by INIQUITOUS
                          yeah i know about it, thanks Ga8or, it was the host, it's back up now tho
                          Thank you!

Comment

I found it, the problem to te ragdoll is that there is no KarmaData files for the skinpacks/monsters whatever, would it work if I just cop/paste and rename another file, or there could be bone mismatch?

Comment

What happened to the link for this file? I went to the link and the website and there is no version 3 on it? Also I have downloaded and installed v2 and also the animation but still get this error on pinky?

Warning: Failed to load 'DoomMonsterv2': Can't find file for package 'DoomMonsterv2'
                              Warning: Failed to load 'Class DoomMonsterv2.Pinky': Can't find file for package 'DoomMonsterv2'

Now the file is there and I have re uploaded it all to make sure. Including this file UbHDM3Pack Animation file.

Thanks

Comment

there is no version 3... but theres a version 2 and a new thread for that version, i removed the zip file from my site as v2 is out now. You can get v2 from my site

Comment

Working...
                                X