No announcement yet.

Doom3MonsterPack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just been looking at buffy's screenshots again, she always takes the best ones...

UBH exported the models to UT2004 as a skinpack, thats why they have default animations and a few custom ones...for taunts etc.. They were originally created to hold weapons.

I didn't convert the zombies to monsters because they look just like players anyways, they aren't really monsters and there is already a much better zombie pack out there.

Pinky was originally going to be in this pack, but he had so few animations, he could'nt even turn without looking stupid, eventually i will have a closer look into him and try and make more out of him, but in the end Vagary took his place as she had much more potential.

So if i do release a second version, Pinky will most probably be in it (i already have him made, i just didnt think he was worthy yet. And i knew how much a doom pack was in demand so i had to leave him out so i could start on my next project), and i will consider the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
      I don't play invasion ever, and don't really like Doom, but I'm downloading this, it looks fun.
      How can this be? How can any one not like doom?

Back in the early days doom was the must popular shooter ever Hexen was a close second for me but that was more spells and stuff. I remember my jaguar, doom used to keep me up all night doom is a true legend, in fact i still play it.

INIQUITOUS the pack looks fantastic great work. Now I must go play invasion again to see them in action.

Comment

here is download link of "UbHDM3Pack.ukx"

http://www.uploading.com/en/?get=2UA7O6YU

Comment

Could'nt seem to find a download source anywhere for monster manager 1.8 for all you guys, so i've decided to host it for now atleast

MonsterManager 1.8

Ah the classic doom was always the best, i still play it aswel i was thinking maybe if i do a v2 i could make the imps throw fireballs like they used too..

Comment

Yeah, Imps and Hell Knights just aren't what they are if they ain't throwing those fireballs (or snotballs, in the HK's case).

Comment

Lol, Invasion with Doom3 Monsterpack in DM-Doom1Level1
              Doom2 Monsterpack... coming soon?

Comment

lol!! nice i see you guys are going to be pushing me to make a V2 soon! It would be my pleasure as soon as i get my latest "pack" complete and working online... these two packs keep pushing my monsterpackv3 to the back of the queue!

Comment

I want HL2 Zombies Monster pack too but ...

only we have HL2 human models in UT2004
                  oh only one monster .. maybe next .. ?

Comment

i already tested them and they look ok, but still i think they need a bit of retouching. I found this things that i suggest to change, anyways it's your pack, do whatever ou want, I'm just saying what I think would be better:
                    -cyberdemon and vagary are very annoying, cyberdemon shoots 2 rockets every 0.5 seconds and vagary shoots like 10 every 0.1 seconds, and you can die very easily. VERY hard.
                    -damned hellknights are too huge, but i solved it by resizing them with IE2
                    -the growls and other sounds are barely heard
                    -damned imps and hellknights always jump! you can't get any closer than 6 feet and they will jump on you over and over again and you can't get away from them! please this is very annoying, make them not able to jump. oh and they jump like three times faster and higher than normal players.
                    -when they attack me the melee way, they just stand there aiming the invisible weapon, after I die they do this growl thing with the arms open like if it wanted a hugh
                    -they don't have ragdolls. maybe you did this because it can get too laggy if they are too many, or just that when you play online there are no ragdolls. Oh, and they die in the air, i mean, they don't ragdoll and do this death animations which the corpse ends in middle air.
                    -as i said before, it would be cool to see custom animations. (some kf anims like the crawler can be good for the imps), because i never played doom3(and im not untill a good coop mod with bot support is out there)i don't know if the imps walk in 2 legs, but i think they run very fast in 4 and they crawl through roof, walls and floor, so that would be very cool to see, but i think it's too hard to code. the hellknights are not that fast, and it would be cool to see them chase you mid-speed, like not running or walking. ****, how can i describe a 2 meter creature going mid-speed through a little corridor, looking at you growling, just like doom3 i think.
                    -some more sound like for example footsteps for the hellknight would make it sound heavier and thougher, the same with the imps, some metal clanky sound like if it's running in 4 legs hanging on a metal roof

about the other monsters, like i said, the zombies can be an update pack for the Zombies of nightmare mod, remembe that this mutator has it's own zombie animations and you just can hack the model into the zombie's.

about pinky(and maybe this can help with all the other monsters), can't you port doom3 animations? if there's a way to do it, you can use those and rename them to match the current animations of the pinky and you will have a full functioning pinky(yeah i had the player model, **** those animations where few and the only thing it did was move the front arms, very crappy i must say)

i hope something of all this helps you. and remember, if you can port the models, you can port everything else, so the original animations can be used too.
                    but how about your new pack, what is it??

Comment

Originally posted by Garompa
                      -cyberdemon and vagary are very annoying, cyberdemon shoots 2 rockets every 0.5 seconds and vagary shoots like 10 every 0.1 seconds, and you can die very easily. VERY hard.
                      Vargary and the Cyberdemon both have configurable damage, and she doesnt fire that fast.

-the growls and other sounds are barely heard
                      mayeb your music volume too high?
                      -damned imps and hellknights always jump! you can't get any closer than 6 feet and they will jump on you over and over again and you can't get away from them! please this is very annoying, make them not able to jump. oh and they jump like three times faster and higher than normal players.
                      They aren't normal players and i suggest shooting them before they get too clost to do a melee attack.
                      -when they attack me the melee way, they just stand there aiming the invisible weapon, after I die they do this growl thing with the arms open like if it wanted a hugh
                      No they don't , they have custom animations for there melee attacks.

-they don't have ragdolls. maybe you did this because it can get too laggy if they are too many, or just that when you play online there are no ragdolls. Oh, and they die in the air, i mean, they don't ragdoll and do this death animations which the corpse ends in middle air.
                      they do have ragdolls, i dont know what settings you have your UT2004 on, but i can assure you that they do indeed fall over etc..
                      -some more sound like for example footsteps for the hellknight would make it sound heavier and thougher, the same with the imps, some metal clanky sound like if it's running in 4 legs hanging on a metal roof
                      will take that into consideration, they do alreayd have footstep sounds but updating them to more scary sounds, might be cool

Pinky, is going to be a problem no doubt,.... the other pack i am working on is the EDWMUTES (Aliens (from the films) as you may not know there custom animations do not currently work online), im working on fixing that

Comment

*wishes that these monsters were a skin pack i could use because i love horribly ugly, gory monster skins such as effigy and these would be freakin sweet*

*also wishes for a smiley to convey sadness at the lack of the above mentioned stuff*

Comment

Originally posted by neogeo0823
                          *wishes that these monsters were a skin pack i could use because i love horribly ugly, gory monster skins such as effigy and these would be freakin sweet*

*also wishes for a smiley to convey sadness at the lack of the above mentioned stuff*
                          Effigy

Duca

Comment

INIQUITOUS, I am probably missing something exremely simple but I am trying to host these on my server but for some reason the loading hangs on vagary, this is the ukx file (14 mbs) all others download fine from redirect. I even downloaded the redirect version in case it was a mismatch but no, same problem. I do have the two serverpackage lines added as per readme but I cannot join because of this. Am still searching for solution

Duca

Comment

I took some more scary shots ...

Comment

Doom monsters

so you only need upload in FTP the ukx and u and ucl file then you have all?
                                what about the utx and sound of it??

Comment

Working...
                                X