• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phaseshift-Combo

Name: Phaseshift-Combo

Version: 1.0 final

Compatibility: UT2004, latest version

Description: When enabled, this adrenaline combo shifts your dimensional phase (which means it renders you immune to any physical interaction) for five seconds. Your speed will be reduced by 20% during that time. Use it wisely, 5 seconds is not very long, but while you are shifted even Redeemers won't harm you and vehicles that try to run you over will pass right through you. You won't be able to walk through walls or fall through the floor, though.

Instruction Manual: To install it, just copy all files into your UT2004/system directory. Ingame, just select the mutator from the mutator list and you are ready, no extra configuration options available. To activate the combo, press Back-Forward-Forward-Forward when you have 100 Adrenaline. If you want to host a server and it doesn't seem to work, add "ServerPackages=PSCombo" to the server packages section in your UT2004.ini file.

Comments: Yes, this is yet another combo and it is just a quickly assembled experiment, but I thought I'll post a release thread anyway. Since it works quite well, there might be at least one or two people out there who might want to try it. It was inspired by AnubanUT2 who asked for a balanced invulnerability-combo, which gave me the idea to take the code from my PhaseShifter's Altfire and make a combo out of it.

Screenshot: I don't have screenshots that show the mutator in action, but its effect can be seen in the screenshots in the Phase Shifter beta release thread, since it's the same like the PS-Altfire.

Credits: Me, and AnubanUT2 for inspiring me to transfer my weapon code into a combo.

Homepage: n/a

Download: Get it right here!

Very cool man ... I am glad you decided to go ahead and do this and set up a thread ... thanks for the credit for the inspiration. DLing now. :up:

Comment

sounds neat... a configed time limit might be a great addition.

Is it fully network compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by cvroy
        sounds neat... a configed time limit might be a great addition.

Is it fully network compatible.
        As long as I don't make the time limit configurable, it should be network compatible. If I decided to do so, that may result in some network problems, because the server needs to pass the setting for the time limit to its clients. Netcode is quite complex and I don't have any experience with it, so I'm afraid the time limit won't change.
        But I think you'll be fine with the given time limit. I did some playtesting and, in my opinion, more than 5 seconds would be totally ├╝ber, less wouldn't leave an average player enough time to pull off one action.
        To test that, I used the following situation: A player is sourrounded by enemies. He has 100 Adrenaline and a Redeemer in his inventory. Normally your choices would be to die, or to take your enemies with you by suiciding with your redeemer. But with this mutator, you press b-f-f-f, select the Redeemer and shoot it at your feet. When the combo-effect wears off, the Redeemer explosion is also gone, and you are still alive and kicking. Five seconds was the minimum for that action by an average player (me). So, if you want to survive a redeemer that was shot at you by an enemy, you still need proper timing. If the effect would wear any longer, it would totally break the game balance, it is an invulnerability combo after all...
        If you want this effect to last longer, you have to use my PhaseShifter. But remember, it is still a beta, because I didn't recieve any feedback about its network compatibility yet...

Comment

I like it and it is pretty cool for what it is but I was looking for being intangible for a longer time than that. At least 10 seconds so you can get a couple of kills or use it to get away in CTF at the right time. But hey no prob ... between this and the current deflector combo mutator I can do pretty good. Still I hope mahalis makes one that deflects energy based based weapons (link gun, shock, LG) in addition to his current one that deflects projectiles, and then that way you could switch between all three ... this means that you could never be totally invulnerable which works better in terms of balance.

Comment

Working...
          X