UCMP3 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well, now that Atari is gone, I thought I'd come back to these forums.
    Here's a quick rundown of what I thought of the pack:

AS-UCMP3-IslandStrike (6) >> OK assault level, jet fighters seem hard to maneuver and you can't crash them into objects.

CTF-UCMP3-Tidal (6.5) >> Chillin' custom music, neat little CTF where my bots actually defend and CTF decently with no problem; good architecture but the dead-end rooms suck.

DM-UCMP3-Altitude (8) >> not much to look at but the gameplay is great with the ramps interconnecting in space and I didn't fall once; would be great for DM, TDM or Invasion.

DM-UCMP3-Gantham (8) >> crazy medium-scale DM map with great gameplay and AVA.

DM-UCMP3-Glorian (7.5) >> average map with bots that suck; decent looking just not as fun as Altitude or Gantham; I'm not sure why people like this map so much.

DM-UCMP3-Sympathy (7.5) >> more fun than Glorian even though I gave it the same score; great AVA and good gameplay; so what if hitscan weapons dominate?

My scores are based on the scoring system at Insite. Let me know if I missed any maps. Overall score is borderlined, but I'll put the pack over the top with a 7.5! See Ya!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really love AS-UCMP3-IslandStrike

it was so fun ! Bots working well too .. thank you :heart: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It does suk IMO(warpath), but I've considered getting it just to map for another game as well, but I doubt I'll actually do it.

I played DM-Altitude last night online.

I thought it was pretty dang good play, and thats what matters most.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ShredPrince2
    Warpath suxors

Xbox version blows
    Does it? i quite like the demo, and it would certainly make the much needed refreshing change that is so desperately overdue right now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warpath suxors

Xbox version blows

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been into larger 12 person TDM size maps lately and from this bunch Gantham is definitely my favorite map after playing them all ... good job BIOS .. also a big thumbs up for Sympathy ... that is probably my fav pure DM map from the pack. Good job by everyone to be sure. Your UT2007 levels should really be something ... maybe think about making some levels for Warpath when it comes out ... just for a change of pace but to keep your skills sharp since UT2007 won't be out for more than 6 more months.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glorian Has got to take top spot in this pack for me. Still great work of the other levels. Making me want to think of a layout...

Looking forward to the U3 packs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LittleDonny
    One star.
    ????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One star.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't played long enough (and have only played the DM) to pick any firm fav's yet.

Sympathy - Reminds me of old unreal a little, some really nice touches
    Gantham - Feels like a Quake style Goose, if that makes any sense
    Glorian - Nice and clean, lotta room to move
    Altitude - Wasn't sure about this one at first but is good fun to play

Good stuff thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great MapPack! Not such visuals as UCMP2,but good.Some Maps remind me
    on Quake4.Anyway great work:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks all for d/l the pack and playing the maps! Played Altitude and Gantham on DM & TDM servers this past weekend - had a blast!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sjosz
    And, did you like it then?:noob:
    Trust me to leave that out.:noob:

Did I like it, no I actually thought it was the worst map ever (sarcasm)

Nah it was sharp and cool and plays really well, like a ctf should be. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Muckbean
    I know this sounds odd but I am only interested in the ctf map. So much work went into those dm maps to. All you had to do was put flags down people.

get the CTF converter!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Muckbean
    I know this sounds odd but I am only interested in the ctf map. So much work went into those dm maps to. All you had to do was put flags down people.
    And, did you like it then?:noob:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X