DM-NinthGate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-NinthGate

Here is my new map The Ninth Gate based on Bernie's Bookstore from the movie. Check out the underground portals and custom pickups. :bulb:

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9221

:dbz3_9:

:dbz3_5:

nice map !

I love that nice Room ....:heart: :up:
    omg I met Lucifer in hell ....

Comment

Please follow the posting guidlines found here.

Thank you

Comment

http://www.unreal.ie/download/ut2k4/...-ninthgate.zip

unreal.ie pwns

Comment

Man, I really love these big urban style maps, and the fact that it's based on one of my favorite movies makes it even sweeter... Nice work, parkisg! :up:

Edit: I've noticed that in TDM you're always switched to the blue team on this map. This also happens on DM-Haunted_MansionSE, btw. Is this intentional or some weirdo bug? :weird:

Comment

The 9th Gate is one of my fav movies. This map is really well constructed. Lots to well planned out design. You did take some liberty in combining parts of the movie in a single map. Some parts I didn't actually understand. I was expecting one of the pages to be on top of a bookcase as well. Not sure what Satan does. He just stood there until i spider mined him in the face. Nice custom meshes, pickups, etc. On the edges of you map, you should really make the streets turn a corner and then use a blocking volume to prevent players from being able to walk up to, or see, the actual edge of the map. Other than that, great map.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate the responses.
              There is alot of custom stuff in the map, which adjusting everything took absolutely forever.

I did really try to get the Lucifer character to do more, unfortunatly I was unsuccessfull. I had to leave him in hell. Maybe next time.
              If it has anything to do with coding, I have no clue, but willing to learn.

Also about the team always going to Blue, I am not to sure about it, other than my player is set to Blue being my preffered team.

Comment

by any chance did anyone find the vehicles, and the sounds by the piano, toilet and tub?

Comment

I found the vehicles and the tub effect the first time I loaded it. I spent several minutes trying to find out what parts of the map I could drive that little car. There is another special feature in the chapel area... hint...

Comment

There are vehicles?? I had no idea, lol! Guess I was too busy running around fragging people. Can get pretty intense with 11 godlike bots and Ballistic Weapons!

Comment

Working...
                    X