No announcement yet.

ONS-SPAMBOX (movie up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Constructive criticism is welcome but do not be harsh or mean, you'll be swiftly removed for out of line remarks."

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=386477

You are quickly pushing yourself towards a ban Digital. As an older member of this community, you should be trying to set an example.

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
      Ah so here we are back at the root of the argument and why your really complaining.
      Wrong, wrong, wrong. I'm not complaining, I'm stating my opinions. I care not for let's not give them publicity Gamerserver but they are so sensitive that they can't help but rant on about I'm bitter at being banned from their server and forums for nothing.

I really don't care what you think about me but I know I'm innocent and that's all that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
        "Constructive criticism is welcome but do not be harsh or mean, you'll be swiftly removed for out of line remarks."

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=386477

You are quickly pushing yourself towards a ban Digital. As an older member of this community, you should be trying to set an example.

So am I not allowed to defend myself?? It seems that whatever thread I post on these guys from you know where continue to add comments. I'm not the only one here you know that you should be warning. If I get banned then so be it, I'm tired of all this anyway. I see nowhere where I've been harsh or mean, I've stated my opinions on a map, I've not attacked any individual, any comments I have made are about people in general and not anyone on these boards.

And I have set an example my friend if you look at the bigger picture. Been here nearly 4 years with no WL or complaints and helped and advised people many times. One time I go anywhere near crossing the line you come down on me like a ton of bricks.

End of day isn't advertising NOT allowed here either. All I see all over this page are adverts and obvious plugs for you know who. Are you warning them too?

So feel free ban me if you think it will make u feel better.

:salut2:

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
          I'm aware this map was made as a joke yet I'm still incredulous at how it keeps getting voted so often
          Look on the bright side - its over in a flash. It definitely would have worked better with a huge disco ball suspended from the ceiling and some nice 80s disco music. :haha:

Comment

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of this map but it's a giggle - like playing trainingday sandwiched between goliath and campgrounds. It's over quickly and by the end of it your eyes are bleeding. It's a quick, cool, spammy little room where if you get that tank, by god are you gonna rack up some huge points. So - I don't like it and won't vote for it, but enjoy it & see it for what it is - a laugh and a nice break between more 'serious' maps

Comment

Originally posted by Richyb
              I guess you would add Andaction then?
              Let me put it this way (and you can draw your own conclusions): I feel Epic should ensure that every gametype has exactly one box map, and that box map should look good. That way we won't have to deal with any "I made this in 10 minutes" stuff.

Comment

http://www.unreal.ie/download/ut2k4/...ns-spambox.avi
                http://www.unreal.ie/download/ut2k4/...NS-SPAMBOX.zip

2 links - 1 source - High Speed - Never Down - Unlimited Bandwidth

Carlsberg don't do UT communities. But if they did...

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                  Let me put it this way (and you can draw your own conclusions): I feel Epic should ensure that every gametype has exactly one box map, and that box map should look good. That way we won't have to deal with any "I made this in 10 minutes" stuff.
                  with 32 players in a box all shooting, poly counts are at average about 120,000 on this map. with 0 players, about 15,000. there is really not much room to spend polys at all.

sure, there could be custom static meshes for it, but its a **** box for crying out loud. time is much better spent on building real maps.

Comment

Plenty of UT99 maps look good without excessive polycounts. One hour here would do a whole lot more for looks than one hour in any "real" map.

Comment

Originally posted by zoro
                      http://www.unreal.ie/download/ut2k4/...ns-spambox.avi
                      http://www.unreal.ie/download/ut2k4/...NS-SPAMBOX.zip

2 links - 1 source - High Speed - Never Down - Unlimited Bandwidth

Carlsberg don't do UT communities. But if they did...
                      Thank you! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                        Plenty of UT99 maps look good without excessive polycounts. One hour here would do a whole lot more for looks than one hour in any "real" map.
                        Its not just want the author puts into the map. You have to consider player model weapon firing and all the rest of that stuff. Then the texture you use can affect the speed and also the meshes to. In a fully functioning map you can zone or fog it out but as this is obviously a one room map that’s impossible.

Comment

A good fun map to play. It’s a real break from your average Ons maps. :up:

Comment

Working...
                          X