• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mantarun Assist

Name: Mantarun Assist
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004 3369, other versions very likely but untested

Description:
    This mutator gives manta drivers, who carry their flag carrier, points and adrenaline for carrying him upon flag capture. The points he gets represent the active mantarun time of the flag run. So if the flag carrier only sat half the time of his flag run on a manta, the driver will only get half the points and adrenaline.

Credits: me (Jrubzjeknf) for creating the mutator, (MwM)dark_elf, RevBillyG and ~*Constantine*~ for helping me betatest it.

Screenshot:

Download: here

Reason I made this:
    The manta driver does basically all the work, whilst the flag carrier just sits next to him and gets all the points. This is my implementation of smoothing stuff out.

Closing word:
    If you hate manta runs, don't start flaming here but just download the mutator in this thread. Thank you.

This mutator is running on: {UHF}~Unreal Hell Fighterz~ @ ~by crowfire.de~ (ip: 82.98.216.84:7777). Give it a go!

REALLY looking forward to this. We have a mixer going on at our servers right now, but as soon as it's done we'll be putting it up.

Comment

login needed to download

Does the rider get still points or are they subtracted from his?

Comment

great idea...if i cared about individual points i'd be more excited..

Comment

Originally posted by awaw
          login needed to download

Does the rider get still points or are they subtracted from his?
          Sry awaw, you can download it here now. This website was down at the time I made this thread. I edited the first post too.

About the rider's points: they are not modified in any way.

@frogger: personally, I don't care much about individual score either. But it strikes me a bit that someone does a hell lot of work, but his score is one of the lowest in his team, because he's driving rather than fragging. So this is my way of rewarding him for the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
            if i cared about individual points
            Look at it this way: someone who joins the server will get a more accurate idea of who is doing the actual work.

Selflessness and modesty are both outstanding personality traits, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of clarity either.

Comment

This is a good idea. How about other rewards? Split the "frags" / points the user gets

Comment

(sry for the late response)

I dont like to split the frags, because then the flag carrier could choose not to sit on the manta to get more points. I really wanted to add to the manta driver's stats, without touching the FC's stats.

Comment

Interesting idea. Does the flag carrier still have the ability to fire??

Comment

Yes, the FC can do everything he normally can. MantarunAssist only monitors the situation and gives points when needed

Comment

omg sounds sweet

Comment

On a slightly related note... has anyone made a Manta that goes slower when laden with people?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                          On a slightly related note... has anyone made a Manta that goes slower when laden with people?
                          Why don't you? You're a good coder...

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                            No, I think not. But wouldn't that take away the purpose of the manta? Also, the manta is already very vulnerable. Of course you can up the HP of the manta, but imo that would rather make it into a hovering raptor, only with less weapon power. If you'd up both HP and weaponpower, it's imo turn into a hovering HB.

Shall we keep it the Manta?

Comment

Originally posted by jaybud4
                              Why don't you?
                              I might, if...
                              1. Someone else hasn't already done so.
                              2. Nov4 isn't about to do it (which appears to be the case).
                              3. Server admins would appreciate it.
                              4. I had a way to test. Bots don't jump onto the wings.

Originally posted by Nov4
                              wouldn't that take away the purpose of the manta?
                              Is transporting four people on a lightweight hover vehicle "the purpose"?

Comment

Working...
                              X