ONS-WarLords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-WarLords

Me is cosmix and this is the map i worked for the last year.
    There are several new static meshes and some new textures in there.
    The nodes are placed symetric but i try somethink new in the tower at the center.
    Two nodes are in there, one down~ and the other upstairs.
    They are connected and you can reach each other with stairs outside or a lift i placed through the inside of the tower .
    Maybe the team with the bottom node has a little advantage but on the other case this team has the collosseum, which is harder to get as the temple, i think.
    I tryed to weight the nodes positions and buildings strategic and i hope there is no really advantage of one team.
    A complete bot path-network is placed in the map, so you can play a botmatch if you want.
    Hope you enjoy!
    thx

Topview (without distant fog)

The Base

The Tower (center of map)

The Colosseum

The Temple

You can download the map at
    Mapraider.com (thx to kiddailey for the reference)
    Unrealplayground.com

...and there are some more screenshots at http://home.arcor.de/cos_mix/

Looks promissing..I'll try it out right away.

i like the map but the fogring is one ugly thing.

Comment

Typical day on UnrealPlayground... going there (direct link to map? why? - find it yourself!)... found the map and wanted to download. Hm... cookies are gone, but I'm lucky, I have account there... login... redirect - to FORUM!!! Gosh... nevermind, I have it already and will take a look at it. Feedback later. ;-)

However - I liked UP - but now I can see what is bothering some people here. If I have no account there, I'd not DL the map. It's easy like that.

Comment

I'll download it from the UT2004 server

Comment

This link would have been nice.
          Will try the map, not a great fan of ONS though.

~ Lakie

Comment

Mapraider: Three free mirrors, one high-speed, no registration required.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3727

Comment

Originally posted by kiddailey
              Mapraider: Three free mirrors, one high-speed, no registration required.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3727
              Good old kiddailey with the mirrors. That high speed mirror thing just rocks, simply just click.

Comment

Nice use of greens/stone. Gives it a real earthy old look. The fog and/or the skybox dont seem to fit... Orange vs Green...
                Maybe something like this...

...with a slightly different fog color?
                I cant find any that are better colored than that and still have oceans. Click the image for more info about HazelH's skyboxes.

Comment

How many nodes are there and wat is the max amount of players it can host?

Comment

Looks fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-

Don't bother it has very low FPS with 32p.

Comment

Some good ideas (colosseum,temple etc...), the map is correct
                        Be aware of vertex welding (some of your meshes have strange lighting, i think its because some points are not welded: anyway, even for the simpliest, never do the statics within the editor).

Keep up the work :up:

Comment

thx,

Originally posted by raziel31
                          Some good ideas (colosseum,temple etc...), the map is correct
                          Be aware of vertex welding (some of your meshes have strange lighting, i think its because some points are not welded: anyway, even for the simpliest, never do the statics within the editor).

Keep up the work :up:
                          for the statics i used blender because it comes with an unrealed plugin and is free. only the stairs at the tower i made with unrealed.
                          i had some problems with lightning on the meshes but i didnt know why.
                          i rebuild 1000 times..... at last i higher the ambilight to 'fake' this effect .
                          this is my first map and i wanted to learn unrealed on this process. there are a lot of more programs i have to learn too...
                          btw, i need a good program for vertex painting.

Originally posted by FusiøN
                          there are 6 nodes and i put enough playerstarts to host 32 ppl but i think this map is best played with 16-24 ppl.
                          as i post below i tested with 32ppl. its possible and feels a little like a TDM maybe try yourself

Originally posted by A_Spec
                          Don't bother it has very low FPS with 32p.
                          i tested this map with 24 ppl several times. i use fraps and i got an average of 50-60 fps.
                          i dont tested with 32ppl cause i think this map is too small for that amount.
                          there are some high polycount areas in this map. of course it depends on the system you use, what frames you got.
                          EDIT:
                          i just tested with 32 bots with resolution:1280*1024 , antialiasing:4, antisotropic filtering:8,transparency antialiasing:supersampling
                          and got an average framerate of 42.
                          this is fraps put me out:
                          Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
                          36814, 871316, 20, 147, 42.251

my sys
                          AMD 3800+
                          1GB RAM
                          7800 GT

Originally posted by Killer909
                          Nice use of greens/stone. Gives it a real earthy old look. The fog and/or the skybox dont seem to fit... Orange vs Green...
                          Maybe something like this...
                          ...with a slightly different fog color?
                          I cant find any that are better colored than that and still have oceans. Click the image for more info about HazelH's skyboxes.
                          thx,
                          the skyboxes are very very nice! if i had known before...

Comment

Its never too late to make changes to your map! Just because you posted it in the final releases forum doesnt mean that you are forbidden to edit your own maps ONS-WarLords-2! :up:

Comment

Hey, I thought I spotted something familiar...that's my ocean from ONS-Tropic! :bulb: out:

I've given permission out to use it before to Owoc for ONS-Darama, but not for this map. You have it, I suppose, but remember - using other mapper's content without their permission first is a big no-no.

Anywho, there is some good meshwork out and about. Nice pair of ******* out in "The Base" it's already been mentioned, but you have not used a fogring in your skybox. Please do so and decrease the fog distance to lower polys, then this map will be much more playable. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X