Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemephosis
    Could you explain to a non-coder why you'd need to rewrite anything instead of just disabling the check to see if you're carrying a relic already when you walk over one? I really do not know why it's that hard, as I said I don't/can't code.
    This assumes that relics are controlled by a single in-game "check" of whether or not a player is carrying a relic. There are other ways to code a relic class, some of which assume from the beginning a single relic per player, and relying on that fact for various functions.

If that is the case here, carrying multiple relics could involve work-arounds for many different relics, as well as jury-rigged fixes for specific combinations of relics. Future updates and patches would be required for a long time, possibly destabilizing a working mutator.

So, while it may well be possible (and may well be cool), multiple relics may simply represent a chore that isn't worth it.

Then again, I may be completely wrong...

Comment

Hedge is right, multiple relics is a HUGE chore that isn't worth it and may require fixes in too many lines of the code :bulb:

Which options do you prefer for profiles besides the number of relics?
      Some options won't be saved in profiles and others will.

Options: Max amount of relics, relics life, Mutant Relic life, hide symbols, don't allow to toss relics, disable rewards, scatter all relics, use classic relics, enable adrenaline moves, put adrenaline pills, hide relics halos, drop relics when carriers die.

Comment

Those sound like good options.

Actually, I can't think of anything else to suggest, at the moment.

Rare!:up:

Comment

Ya...when i tried to use this mod with the instagib mutator,the game crashed and this window came up...
          UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-02_05.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1841 MHz with 1023MB RAM
          Video: RADEON 9200 SERIES (6430)

MutInstaGib DM-Leviathan.MutInstaGib (Function XGame.MutInstaGib.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destro

so ya...i dunno if you would be able to fix that...

Comment

OK, thanks for letting me know that.

Originally posted by Xaklse
            Which options do you prefer for profiles besides the number of relics?
            Some options won't be saved in profiles and others will.

Options: Max amount of relics, relics life, Mutant Relic life, hide symbols, don't allow to toss relics, disable rewards, scatter all relics, use classic relics, enable adrenaline moves, put adrenaline pills, hide relics halos, don't allow to drop relics when carriers die.
            I mean which ones do you want to be saved into profiles

Comment

I mean which ones do you want to be saved into profiles?
              Perhaps you could have a "Default Settings" list with these options, and each profile has a Settings dropdown, with "Use Default" and "Custom Settings" options. The "Custom" choice would allow players to change the default settings for that profile, but otherwise keep the defaults for the others. This would keep profiles simple for those who wanted them simple, but allow the full options list to uber-tweakers.

Comment

I also would like a setting to randomize the relics! I tryed playing with only having 5 relics drop but i always get the same 5 relics on the same map. I was hoping maybe having a setting where for example if the number of each relic was set to 3 except the mutant relic which was set to 1, and I had only 5 relics drop and had a setting to randomize them. This way only 5 relics would be on the map at one time and all types of relics would be possible to drop but the mutant relic would be more rare to drop than the others. If a relics number was set to 0 then that relic would be disabled from droping at all.

Would it be possible to include something like this?

Thanks,
                Wolfy

Comment

That thing is fixed already (not in 1.0 version). Now if you set the number of each relic to 1 and set the max amount of relics to 5, the mutator will choose 5 random relics.

Hedge, I sent you a Private Message.

Comment

Got it! Did you get my reply?

Comment

Nice pack, can't wait to see the next version!

Comment

Heaven of Relics 1.2 announced .

I need to code more features but this is the current change log:
                        - Added randomize chosen relics by default.
                        - Increased overall compatibility with several other mutators.
                        - Implemented an option which allows to drop relics when relic carriers die.
                        - Added new configuration menu with relics profiles and other features.
                        - Allowed advanced players to alter some relics abilities through the .ini file.
                        - Changed Mutant glow color to pale gold.
                        - Modified Relic of Kamikaze; now its victims become Kamikazes similar to Mutants.
                        - Added Kamikaze glow to Kamikazes.
                        - Modified slightly the Relic of Translocation.
                        - Fixed Relic of Ammo showing its visual effect while riding vehicles.
                        - Fixed Mutant Relics bug that happened when Mutants respawn.

(Fixed compatibility with the instagib mutator)

Comment

hey just asking do the relics activate example relic of speed, when you grab it does it auto activate or do you need to press some key to activate it and with the other relics?

Comment

When you grab a relic, it auto-activates.

Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
                            could you make another version that makes it so once you pick up a relic it works than if you walk over another than you'll get that one and drop the one you were carrying before!
                            Not a bad idea. I'll think about it.
                            I tried to code that feature but had too many problems

Comment

When you grab a relic, it auto-activates.

I tried to code that feature but had too many problems

Just as well, since Relics can appear in front of you at any time, or nearby, and jump into contact with you. This feature would often result in involuntary relic switching, if enabled in a real game.

Comment

Heaven of Relics 1.2 released.
                                Download Now

Change log:
                                - Replaced the Relic of Kamikaze with the Relic of Momentum.
                                - Added randomize chosen relics by default.
                                - Increased overall compatibility with several other mutators.
                                - Implemented an option which allows to drop relics when relic carriers die.
                                - Added new configuration menu with relics profiles and other features.
                                - Allowed advanced players to alter some relics abilities through the .ini file.
                                - Changed Mutant glow color to pale gold.
                                - Modified slightly the Relic of Translocation.
                                - Relics can be placed now by mappers. The mutator should be activated while playing.
                                - Fixed Relic of Ammo showing its visual effect while riding vehicles.
                                - Fixed Mutant Relics bug that happened when Mutants respawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X