Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thanks for the download i think these are cool keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xaklse
    - Relic of 'NeedsName': When someone hits the holder of this relic, the relic forces the opponent to switch to a weak weapon.
    Would this weapon be a new weapon, or just one everyone agrees sucks (yeah, I'm looking at you, Assault Rifle)? If so, wouldn't bots just switch back instantly? Wouldn't players? Or would the deal be that you can't switch away from it? If not the AR, remember that everyone's idea of a weak weapon is a bit different. I'd go up against almost anything if I had a bio-rifle, which most people dislike, for example. The Relic of Impotence... It sounds more irritating than useful.

The Relic of Draining, on the other hand, allows people to use their weapon of choice, but not for long.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, the Relic of Kamikaze seems a bit unfair. All you have to to is damage someone, and then run away, and they die in seven seconds? This seems a bit overpowered, i think. Even if you don't get a point because they suicide (which is how I think it works), the relic makes even the AR a tool of complete destruction. Does the victim lose a point, like they do with a normal suicide?
    I second that. Especially in xCTF it gets kinda unfair to just hit a foe with the assault rifle once to get him killed after a short period of time. He then indeed looses a point, its basically a suicide-forcing relic.

My idea of changing it would be the following: For each time the player uses the power of the relic to kill an enemy he loses 30-50 points of his max health. That way, he cant go out with his relic to infinitely kill the enemies' team without even having to fight. He would only be allowed to kill two or three times in a row before the Kamikaze strikes on himself. Another possibility would be to make him loose the amount of health his victim had when Kamikaze killed it, to make sure people dont just run around and hit enemies with their kinky AR...

Other possibility would be to completely remove it from future releases (which is what I would prefer).

Anyways, you did a great job. I appreciate the Agility relic, allows some very nice moves.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I'm not english and I don't speak this language every days...

- Relic of Force: very useful and can be implemented
    - Relic of Instability: the same thing
    - Relic of Distortion: it's better now
    - Relic of Draining: I still dislike it, but reading it I had an idea (Relic of 'NeedsName')
    - Relic of Recharge: good idea
    - Relic of Disruption: I don't know if it can be implemented but good idea (maybe a bit unfair)
    - Relic of Phantoms: a bit strange, funny driving a Leviathan
    - Relic of Tailgunners: OK

You impressed me Hedge_o_Matic, you had a lot of ideas for new relics.

Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    New Names for Team Relics:
    Strength: Relic of Power
    Health: Relic of Repair
    Vampire: Relic of the Swarm (yeah, weak, but I was going for the bat thing...)
    Guns: Relic of Firepower
    Ammo: Relic of Supply
    Team Relics might have a new mesh, or, better and easier, have their icons be white on black, using the same mesh.
    I like the new names in general. And using white icons on black background is a good idea.

- Relic of 'NeedsName': When someone hits the holder of this relic, the relic forces the opponent to switch to a weak weapon.

Onslaught doesn't work well with my mutator, because vehicles work in a different way than players. I think that most relics only work with drivers.

In Bombing Run, if your team scores the players respawn without their relics. Players holding the Mutant Relic (yeah, the mutant again...) lose their Relic, but are still mutants, thus allowing them to pick up another relic and gain another ability. It's cool, but is probably still a bug.
    Yes, it's a bug.

Also, any word on implementing Relic Groups? I've had to start a list of my settings for various game combinations using HoR. Save me!
    Sorry man, I didn't made any progress for the next release. :downcast: You can save the HeavenOfRelics.ini file for each combination and use the combination you want.

I have a friend that wants to handle my mutator but he isn't a coder. I told him that I can help him to understand the coding part and told me to wait until summer.

Does anyone want to localize the mutator to his language?
    The mutator is in english and spanish.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool things that happen using Relics in Onslaught:
    Are they bugs? Are they features? Who knows?

Vehicles have life support functions that keep mutants from losing health while within. I'm not sure, but mutants may also be unable to drain life from kills while in a vehicle. Needs investigation. Also, it seems that mutants have their damage amplifier effect while in vehicles. Very cool if true.

Mantas are great ways to deliver Relics of Vengeance.

Relics of Armor protect vehicles.

Relics of Strength seem to work while in vehicles, but Vampire Relics don't.

The scene: Battling like crazy at an enemy node. Carrying Relic of Equalibrium. Hit dead-on by enemy hellbender rear turrets, fully charged. All the enemy team players gib when I do.

Okay, onto the new ideas (hold your hats!)

Onslaught Relics

Relic of Recharge: Acts like a link gun when within 1024 units of a friendly node or vehicle.

Relic of Disruption: Take down an enemy node's shield when within 512 units. Must be in range for three seconds without firing for Relic to take effect. Does not work with enemy cores. Effect inturrupted by firing weapon, restarts in three seconds.

Relic of Phantoms: All un-manned crew positions (but not driver position) are manned by the Relic as if by bot team mates.

Relic if the Tailgunner: Vehicle gunner position weaponry fires at double speed and does x1.5 damage.

More notes: In Bombing Run, if your team scores the players respawn without their relics. Players holding the Mutant Relic (yeah, the mutant again...) lose their Relic, but are still mutants, thus allowing them to pick up another relic and gain another ability. It's cool, but is probably still a bug.

Also, any word on implementing Relic Groups? I've had to start a list of my settings for various game combinations using HoR. Save me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, new thinking on those Relics you think need it:

Relic of Space: New name: Relic of Distortion. All projectiles gain a random off-axis momentum as they approach the holder, making them curve away from their straight path, and travel at 70% of their speed. Enemy players move at 80% of their ground and air speed. These effects are to all enemy players within 1024 units, and all projectiles within 256 units. Note: homing rockets and projectiles should be immune to the curving effect, but not the speed effect.

Relic of Draining: New thinking: When an opponant damages someone holding this relic, the relic drains one-half (or maybe 80%) of the weapon's remaining ammo, rounding up. Now that's an effect! Is it useful? You decide.

New Names for Team Relics:
    Strength: Relic of Power
    Health: Relic of Repair
    Vampire: Relic of the Swarm (yeah, weak, but I was going for the bat thing...)
    Guns: Relic of Firepower
    Ammo: Relic of Supply

Team Relics might have a new mesh, or, better and easier, have their icons be white on black, using the same mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I forgot what term they use. Maybe it's momentum. Shock rifles, for example, able to stop manta in their tracks and knock people around. A relic that drastically increased this ability would be very useful, I'm thinking.

Let me re-think some of the others, to see if there are useful versions of some. If not, well, you can't win them all!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    - Relic of Force: I don't understand "knockback"
    - Relic of Instability: "knockback"?
    I'm going to take a chance and presume you weren't ironic. (considering the choice of smileys.)

Knockback = Momentum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    - Relic of Chameleons: useful and can be implemented
    - Relic of Draining: it's a bit useless :bored:
    - Relic of Vision: same this one
    - Relic of Force: I don't understand "knockback"
    - Relic of Twins: good idea, also the bot can be a monster
    - Relic of Martyrs: good idea, similar to the Equilibrium Relic
    - Relic of Doomeds: can't be implemented on a mutator
    - Relic of Misfortune: useless :down:
    - Relic of Space: useless but it's a good idea, modify it
    - Relic of Instability: "knockback"?
    - Relic of Disguise: good idea and I think that it can be implemented
    - Relic of Deception: good idea, I saw its mechanics on a mutator in this forum
    - Relic of Limbo: good idea, but I doubt that it can be implemented
    - Team Relics of Strength, Health, Vampire, Guns, Ammo: cool, they need a name each one :up: .

I tried to code the Relic of Items (if you get an item, the relic gives you another same one) but it didn't work. Maybe for UT2007.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool!

Any comments on the others (even though you won't be doing amy more relics... though I hope you'll reconsider...)?

Any word on implementing Relic Groups?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, you're right. The Theft Relic sucks... the Chameleon Relic is better and can be implemented.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The ultimate version of the mutator will be made, but don't expect to be released soon. It will feature some of the suggestions you gave; but no more relics, I'm a bit tired of them.
    Aww! Ignore my post above, then. No don't! It's some good stuff! (Thirteen new Relics, eighteen if you count the team-versions of the individual relics!)

What do you think about a Relic of Thefts? You can see what relics have the other players and if you hurt anyone who carries a relic, you'll steal the relic and your relic auto-destroys.
    Gaining the relic of someone by harming them isn't useful as a one-time ability, since it cancels out having to defeat their relic's effect with skill. And having even a single instance of this relic in play would make actually putting a relic into use problematic, as you could lose them at any time. Consider the effect of stray shots and ricochettes; you might get a relic you didn't even see because your flak bounces around a corner and nicks someone. I'd reconsider this one.

The Chameleon Relic I described came from thinking about the failed Theft Relic in an earler implementation. I think mirroring enemy relic powers is cool, because they still have their ability, but you still have to defeat it through skill.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Relics:
    Relic of Force: the knockback effect of the players weapon is doubled (tripled?).

Relic of the Twin: The holder is accompanied by a bot double, that fires the same weapon at the same target, and generally tries to stay close by. The double acts with bot AI, and all items they pick up go to the the relic holder. The damage they do is real. The damage the double takes is taken by the relic holder.

Team Relics:
    These relics benefit the holder's teammates, rather than the holders themselves.

Relic of the Martyr: The relic-holder takes 1/3 the damage that evey team mate within the relic's radius takes, while their teammates take nothing. The Relic holder heals 1 point every two seconds.

Relic of the Doomed: All team projectiles fired at targets within the radius of this relic's effect home in (using the flocking behavior, perhaps?).

Relic of Misfortune: Enemy team members within this relic's radius are vulnerable to 100% friendly fire.

Relic of Space: All enemy team members and enemy-fired projectiles within the radius of this relic move at -10% speed.

Relic of Instability: The knockback of all friendly team member's weapons is doubled (tripled?).

Additional Team relics: These relics can be fairly converted into Team relics that lend their effects to nearby team mates: Strength, Health, Vampire, Guns, Ammo. The effects should be less pronounced than with the individual relics, of course.

Team Game Individual Relics:
    These Relics are useful only in team games, but help individual holders like normal relics.

Relic of Disguise: The player's Team color is reversed to the opposing team's color. Stops working for three seconds after each shot fired.

Relic of Deception: The holder appears to have the opposing team's flag, or a BR ball. This object is only visible when the holder's team is actually in possession of the object in question.

Relic of Limbo: The players killed by the relic holder suffer a respawn delay of five (ten?) seconds, making the teams temporarily unbalanced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The ultimate version of the mutator will be made, but don't expect to be released soon. It will feature some of the suggestions you gave; but no more relics, I'm a bit tired of them. :downcast:

Posted by the shmible
    ok i am a bit confused.
    what is this and how can i get it and is it big?
    Download the mutator from here . It only weighs 1.34 MB.

Hedge_o_Matic, I like very much your relic ideas, but as I wrote before, I don't want to make more than 20 relics. However, keep writing your ideas, they can be included in my mutator version for UT2007 . I hope to be able to run this game on my PC.
    What do you think about a Relic of Thefts? You can see what relics have the other players and if you hurt anyone who carries a relic, you'll steal the relic and your relic auto-destroys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Relic:

Relic of Vision: The user sees blurry forms (team-colored?) through walls and terrain indicating where other players are, and perhaps their distance (by color or size? numbers?). These forms also betray the presence of invisible players (and relic holders), as well as mutants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X