Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool things that happen using Relics in Onslaught:
    Are they bugs? Are they features? Who knows?

Vehicles have life support functions that keep mutants from losing health while within. I'm not sure, but mutants may also be unable to drain life from kills while in a vehicle. Needs investigation. Also, it seems that mutants have their damage amplifier effect while in vehicles. Very cool if true.

Mantas are great ways to deliver Relics of Vengeance.

Relics of Armor protect vehicles.

Relics of Strength seem to work while in vehicles, but Vampire Relics don't.

The scene: Battling like crazy at an enemy node. Carrying Relic of Equalibrium. Hit dead-on by enemy hellbender rear turrets, fully charged. All the enemy team players gib when I do.

Okay, onto the new ideas (hold your hats!)

Onslaught Relics

Relic of Recharge: Acts like a link gun when within 1024 units of a friendly node or vehicle.

Relic of Disruption: Take down an enemy node's shield when within 512 units. Must be in range for three seconds without firing for Relic to take effect. Does not work with enemy cores. Effect inturrupted by firing weapon, restarts in three seconds.

Relic of Phantoms: All un-manned crew positions (but not driver position) are manned by the Relic as if by bot team mates.

Relic if the Tailgunner: Vehicle gunner position weaponry fires at double speed and does x1.5 damage.

More notes: In Bombing Run, if your team scores the players respawn without their relics. Players holding the Mutant Relic (yeah, the mutant again...) lose their Relic, but are still mutants, thus allowing them to pick up another relic and gain another ability. It's cool, but is probably still a bug.

Also, any word on implementing Relic Groups? I've had to start a list of my settings for various game combinations using HoR. Save me!

Comment

Well, I'm not english and I don't speak this language every days...

- Relic of Force: very useful and can be implemented
      - Relic of Instability: the same thing
      - Relic of Distortion: it's better now
      - Relic of Draining: I still dislike it, but reading it I had an idea (Relic of 'NeedsName')
      - Relic of Recharge: good idea
      - Relic of Disruption: I don't know if it can be implemented but good idea (maybe a bit unfair)
      - Relic of Phantoms: a bit strange, funny driving a Leviathan
      - Relic of Tailgunners: OK

You impressed me Hedge_o_Matic, you had a lot of ideas for new relics.

Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
      New Names for Team Relics:
      Strength: Relic of Power
      Health: Relic of Repair
      Vampire: Relic of the Swarm (yeah, weak, but I was going for the bat thing...)
      Guns: Relic of Firepower
      Ammo: Relic of Supply
      Team Relics might have a new mesh, or, better and easier, have their icons be white on black, using the same mesh.
      I like the new names in general. And using white icons on black background is a good idea.

- Relic of 'NeedsName': When someone hits the holder of this relic, the relic forces the opponent to switch to a weak weapon.

Onslaught doesn't work well with my mutator, because vehicles work in a different way than players. I think that most relics only work with drivers.

In Bombing Run, if your team scores the players respawn without their relics. Players holding the Mutant Relic (yeah, the mutant again...) lose their Relic, but are still mutants, thus allowing them to pick up another relic and gain another ability. It's cool, but is probably still a bug.
      Yes, it's a bug.

Also, any word on implementing Relic Groups? I've had to start a list of my settings for various game combinations using HoR. Save me!
      Sorry man, I didn't made any progress for the next release. :downcast: You can save the HeavenOfRelics.ini file for each combination and use the combination you want.

I have a friend that wants to handle my mutator but he isn't a coder. I told him that I can help him to understand the coding part and told me to wait until summer.

Does anyone want to localize the mutator to his language?
      The mutator is in english and spanish.

Comment

Also, the Relic of Kamikaze seems a bit unfair. All you have to to is damage someone, and then run away, and they die in seven seconds? This seems a bit overpowered, i think. Even if you don't get a point because they suicide (which is how I think it works), the relic makes even the AR a tool of complete destruction. Does the victim lose a point, like they do with a normal suicide?
        I second that. Especially in xCTF it gets kinda unfair to just hit a foe with the assault rifle once to get him killed after a short period of time. He then indeed looses a point, its basically a suicide-forcing relic.

My idea of changing it would be the following: For each time the player uses the power of the relic to kill an enemy he loses 30-50 points of his max health. That way, he cant go out with his relic to infinitely kill the enemies' team without even having to fight. He would only be allowed to kill two or three times in a row before the Kamikaze strikes on himself. Another possibility would be to make him loose the amount of health his victim had when Kamikaze killed it, to make sure people dont just run around and hit enemies with their kinky AR...

Other possibility would be to completely remove it from future releases (which is what I would prefer).

Anyways, you did a great job. I appreciate the Agility relic, allows some very nice moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse
          - Relic of 'NeedsName': When someone hits the holder of this relic, the relic forces the opponent to switch to a weak weapon.
          Would this weapon be a new weapon, or just one everyone agrees sucks (yeah, I'm looking at you, Assault Rifle)? If so, wouldn't bots just switch back instantly? Wouldn't players? Or would the deal be that you can't switch away from it? If not the AR, remember that everyone's idea of a weak weapon is a bit different. I'd go up against almost anything if I had a bio-rifle, which most people dislike, for example. The Relic of Impotence... It sounds more irritating than useful.

The Relic of Draining, on the other hand, allows people to use their weapon of choice, but not for long.

Comment

thanks for the download i think these are cool keep up the good work

Comment

Another cool game combo:

LMS (or, even better "Elimination TE" gametype) with the following Relics: 1 Vengeance, 1 Redemption, 1 Strength

More thanks for such a great mutator!

Comment

Thanks mates, your thanks are greatly appreciated.
                Hi char0n, long time no see...

- Relic of Impotence: When someone hits the holder of this relic, the relic forces the opponent to switch to Assault Rifle (if able) and keep that for 2 seconds.

Originally posted by char0n
                Other possibility would be to completely remove the Relic of Kamikaze from future releases (which is what I would prefer).
                Aaw, I still like that relic. OK, I can try to balance it with an original idea I had long ago. If any victim suicides, the relic holder is forced to suicide or not (random).

Comment

About the Relic of Kamikaze, my question is, what purpose do you want it to serve?

As is it, the victims of the Relic basically have a seven-second mad rush to kill the holder in order to survive. Thus, they become the Kamikaze. This would seem to draw detirmined attackers toward the relic holder. Not very beneficial. The only way to make it beneficial is to hit someone and run, or otherwise doom them by being sure you can't be killed in a few seconds. This is how the Relic is currently used, and, as seen, it isn't very balanced.

First off, the victims don't seem to know they have limited time. As a player, I find it hard to know when I've been affected, and should be starting a mad attack. Even if I know, it's usually impossible to locate who's got the Relic.

The bots are similar, in that they act no differently than usual, and die on schedule.

The suggestion you made above presents the player with an interesting choice: Suicide, and hope the Relic holder does as well, or, I suppose, attack as usual. The problem is that this doesn't seem to help, since the holder will run away, given that the victim is doomed, and they still have a (random) chance to live, no skill needed.

To combat this tendency, I'd suggest the following. Replace the Relic of Kamikaze with:

Relic of Dueling. This has the following effects:
                  -The holder and challenged (by being hit with any weapon), can now only hurt each other, and can only be hurt by the other.
                  -The amount of health the challenge player has when first hit establishes the health bonus of the fight. Thus it's better to not pick on half-dead foes!
                  -The challenged player keeps all of their relics and equipment for the fight.
                  -The relic holder cannot pick up any weapons or pickups once they start a duel, but their opponant can still pick up weapons.
                  -The two duelists cannot hide from one another.
                  -The challenged player loses 1 point of health per second to the relic. The holder loses 1 per second for every duel they've used the Relic for (so in their first, they'd lose 1 point, but in their third duel, they'd lose 3 points per second!). If the Relic kills one of the players, it kills both.
                  -The duelists cannot hold, touch, or pick up any game-objective such as flags, CPs, or BR balls for the duration of the duel.
                  -The winner of the challenge gains health equal to the bonus for the fight (see point #2, above) and all of the weapons, ammo, and armor of the defeated, and the Relic of Dueling as well if they didn't have it before. Other Relics are lost. These bonuses can bring the player to above normal levels.

This Relic will bring about the one-on-one combats I think you were going for with the Relic of kamikaze, without the danger of one player running away. If I'm the Relic holder, and you run, you die when I do, so there's no good that can come of it. Also, both players are basically removed from the efforts of their teams, and even in Deathmatches aren't allowed to rack up kills for the entire length of the duel, so delaying the end by running is never desirable, and hiding shouldn't be possible. Better to try your best, knowing that every point of ammo and armor you lose in the fight is one less that will go to the victor.

The eight listed effects aren't difficult to implement in themselves, I shouldn't think, and together would do the trick nicely. What do you think?

Comment

About the Relic of Kamikaze, my question is, what purpose do you want it to serve?
                    What I want is to make the relic holder the kamikaze.
                    What do kamikazes do? They spread death and suicide.
                    So I want to balance a relic that greatly increases the damage you do.
                    Original relic from Sin2UT: 4x the damage you do, your health decreases.
                    I want this relic with better effects and balanced (specially for DM I chose to implement suicides to prevent positive scores). Is it posible? It's an annoying relic.

The eight listed effects aren't difficult to implement in themselves, I shouldn't think, and together would do the trick nicely. What do you think?
                    - Relic of Dueling: Nice relic and can be implemented, but I think that the initial distance between the relic holder and his victim needs to be limited.

Comment

Actually, the Kamikaze spread death by commiting suicide. A true Relic of Kamikaze sounds just a bit too much like the Relic of Vengeance, since you can rush enemies and basically force them to kill you, unleashing the Vengeance effect. The only difference is that you can't kill yourself to use the Vengeance; suicides and self-inflicted damage don't trigger it. I'd stay away from the suicide function as implemented by UT, though. As a gameplay mechanism, it's not too much fun.

The SiN relic that you describe sounds a lot like the Mutant Relic, only less cool.

Comment

One small thing... when a player dies, shouldn't there be an option to drop the Relic they held? If I nab that pesky Infant, I may want some Infantile revenge!!

Comment

One small thing... when a player dies, shouldn't there be an option to drop the Relic they held? If I nab that pesky Infant, I may want some Infantile revenge!!
                          Indeed. Killing an opponent carrying a relic that I want to pick up myself would be even more satisfying if I could take it from his remains instead of it respawning somewhere on the map.

I want this relic with better effects and balanced (specially for DM I chose to implement suicides to prevent positive scores). Is it posible? It's an annoying relic.
                          Still no appropriate way to deal with Kamikaze... It depends on how you want the relic to act. As stated above, the pure definition of Kamikaze would already be covered with the Vengeance relic effect - it turns the carrier into a kamikaze.
                          What the relic is doing at this stage is to turn the victims of the relic carrier into kamikazes (which also is stated above - a bit higher ).
                          Since the latter case is unbalanced and since you seem to want to keep it in, you could give the victim of the effect a few special powers like permanent double damage to at least be able to take an advantage of the fact they are a kamikaze. What I have in mind is basically exactly what the Sin relic does, but to the victim of the Kamikaze carrier, not to the carrier himself:
                          The victim of an attack with the Kamikaze relic gets doubled/tripled... damage output (or something like that) and his health is set to 100. He then constantly loses health, say 10 per second - that gives him 10 seconds to make use of his newly gained demonic powers. Unlike the Mutant relic, killing other players wont give him back health - only if he kills the carrier of the Kamikaze relic (or if that player gets killed). If the victim succeeds in his task, his stats will be turned back into what they were before the Kamikaze attack. If not... suicide, -1 frag.

Comment

Good ideas! char0n

Yeah, I tried to make players to drop relics, but it had problems with replication :sour: . I can retry, and some relics like the vengeance one won't be dropped.

(Hedge, I sent you a PM a while ago)

I got some progress with the final version of the mutator.

Comment

hey when you die with the small relic does your player have a small ragdoll?

Comment

Nope. You revert to your normal status right before going limp. Same with invisible players turning visible. Mutants, however, stay mutants. Serves them right!

Comment

Working...
                                X