Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    OK, thanks for letting me know that.

Originally posted by Xaklse
    Which options do you prefer for profiles besides the number of relics?
    Some options won't be saved in profiles and others will.

Options: Max amount of relics, relics life, Mutant Relic life, hide symbols, don't allow to toss relics, disable rewards, scatter all relics, use classic relics, enable adrenaline moves, put adrenaline pills, hide relics halos, don't allow to drop relics when carriers die.
    I mean which ones do you want to be saved into profiles

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya...when i tried to use this mod with the instagib mutator,the game crashed and this window came up...
    UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-02_05.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1841 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9200 SERIES (6430)

MutInstaGib DM-Leviathan.MutInstaGib (Function XGame.MutInstaGib.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destroyed) <- ULevel:estroyActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (XRelicPickupMUTANT DM-Leviathan.XRelicPickupMUTANT, Function XRelics.XRelicPickup.Destro

so ya...i dunno if you would be able to fix that...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those sound like good options.

Actually, I can't think of anything else to suggest, at the moment.

Rare!:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hedge is right, multiple relics is a HUGE chore that isn't worth it and may require fixes in too many lines of the code :bulb:

Which options do you prefer for profiles besides the number of relics?
    Some options won't be saved in profiles and others will.

Options: Max amount of relics, relics life, Mutant Relic life, hide symbols, don't allow to toss relics, disable rewards, scatter all relics, use classic relics, enable adrenaline moves, put adrenaline pills, hide relics halos, drop relics when carriers die.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nemephosis
    Could you explain to a non-coder why you'd need to rewrite anything instead of just disabling the check to see if you're carrying a relic already when you walk over one? I really do not know why it's that hard, as I said I don't/can't code.
    This assumes that relics are controlled by a single in-game "check" of whether or not a player is carrying a relic. There are other ways to code a relic class, some of which assume from the beginning a single relic per player, and relying on that fact for various functions.

If that is the case here, carrying multiple relics could involve work-arounds for many different relics, as well as jury-rigged fixes for specific combinations of relics. Future updates and patches would be required for a long time, possibly destabilizing a working mutator.

So, while it may well be possible (and may well be cool), multiple relics may simply represent a chore that isn't worth it.

Then again, I may be completely wrong...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you explain to a non-coder why you'd need to rewrite anything instead of just disabling the check to see if you're carrying a relic already when you walk over one? I really do not know why it's that hard, as I said I don't/can't code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know how to implement carring multiple relics.
    Think all the code as a finished book, then I would need to rewrite all pages of the book...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh I know they'd be overly powerful, that's what I was looking for. (I'm an offline player anyway.) But he's saying he can't do it (as in unable), when it's in fact been done before and I see no reason he wouldn't be able to. That's where I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nemephosis
    ProjectUT relics managed multiple relics just fine.... I have no idea why it would be difficult, but then again I'm no coder.
    These relics are a bit more varied, though. I can think of far too many combinations of even two relics which would be unkillable. Health and mutant. Health and armor. Guns and Ammo. Invisibility and Agility. Power and Guns. Adrenaline and Health. Invisibility and translocation. Mutant and Health...

And that's just the pairs of relics!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ProjectUT relics managed multiple relics just fine.... I have no idea why it would be difficult, but then again I'm no coder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -Saki:
    Yeah, I have to write more things on the readme file for the next release, so your questions are useful.
    For configuring the mutator, hit "Configure Mutators" button on the mutators section in the starting match screen. If you do this action and save your configs, the HeavenOfRelics.ini will be created into the system folder with those configs. OK, I'll include the file in the next release.
    I don't have a server, so I don't know what instructions everybody need exactly. Thanks for the suggestions :up:. Oh, and extra relics won't be allowed.

-Nemephosis:
    No, an option to be able to pick up more than one different relic at a time will not be included, because all code is based on having one relic. I tested that option on an alpha release and was very funny but too buggy and complex.

-Hedge_o_Matic:
    I don't see the point of including Spawn Control, it should always be "Shuffle". And Unique Respawn Time for each relic... too many work.
    Spawn slots is a great idea :heart: and the Droppable option is available now.
    Expect a special credit for you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know, it would be really easy to add multi-relic functionality. Just make the relic icons higher up on the right hand side of the screen, and as you get more they appear below the rest. I'll badly photoshop a picture up later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    Check to make sure you've got xrelics.est, .int. .ucl. and .u in your system folder.
    All files are in system folder. I made a HeavenOfRelics.ini in home computer with using a mutator, and copied to my rented dedicated server. I think this ini file you can put in the mod zip file with default options, and everybody can configure a mutator before use it.
    Other think is, for use the relics mutator i read many home pages. Will be fine if an installation and configuration issues everybody can read in file: Help\Heaven of Relics Readme.txt. Missing things in this file: server mutator configuration: Mutator=XRelics.XRelics; console commands for menu (if relics have), maybe admin settings in game.
    I only start using this mutator today, and wery good job, and perhaps this things allready down, but i did'n found it.

When can we intall extra relics and grait configuration options for this mutator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check to make sure you've got xrelics.est, .int. .ucl. and .u in your system folder. There are other file types as well, which don't go into your System folder, so be sure you didn't put them all there (such as utx, usx, and so on).

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Help

I copy files to system folder on server, and used XRelics.XRelics mutator, but did't found HeavenOfRelics.ini on the server's system folder. What made i wrong? Can U help mee?
    I have dedicated ut2004 server, and i can use FTP only for settings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X