Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the Relic of Kamikaze seems a bit unfair. All you have to to is damage someone, and then run away, and they die in seven seconds? This seems a bit overpowered, i think. Even if you don't get a point because they suicide (which is how I think it works), the relic makes even the AR a tool of complete destruction. Does the victim lose a point, like they do with a normal suicide?

Is my understanding of this relic correct? If so, it might work better if the relic holder, after being damaged, got increasingly more powerful against the last person who damaged them, like x1.5 the first second after damage, x2 the second, x2.5 the third, and so on, resetting when another person damages them. Meanwhile, they start loosing life at 1 point the first second, 2 the next, then three and so on, again resetting when a different person hit them. If the relic user kills their target, they get two points (and survive), but if they fail, their target gets a point. But to become a target, the enemy has to injure the relic user, beginning the inevitable death spiral.

Kamikaze cannot be injured by players other than their targets, and cannot harm those who are not their target. Kamikaze drop all flags and balls while in a death spiral. This will free them up to hunt down their target single mindedly.

Comment

Here's a new Relic idea:

Relic of the Chameleon: The relic holder gains the relic power (or weapon, if no relic is held, or Adrenaline combo, if one is active) of whomever they hit for three seconds. Fighting an Agilty beast? Chase them down! Mutant after you? Stalk them back! Combo ***** giving you trouble? Right back atcha! The effect fade quickly, though exactly how long may be configuralbe (I suggest Short: 3 seconds, Long: 5 seconds, and Very Long: 7 seconds rather than a numeric type-in setting). Ammo could be 999, since there's no way to use that much in a few seconds. Effects like the loading of rockets (which takes a few seconds), or holding GES goo should be cut short (without firing, perhaps) when the time limit is reached.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
        Here's a new Relic idea:

Relic of the Chameleon: The relic holder gains the relic power (or weapon, if no relic is held, or Adrenaline combo, if one is active) of whomever they hit for three seconds. Fighting an Agilty beast? Chase them down! Mutant after you? Stalk them back! Combo ***** giving you trouble? Right back atcha! The effect fade quickly, though exactly how long may be configuralbe (I suggest Short: 3 seconds, Long: 5 seconds, and Very Long: 7 seconds rather than a numeric type-in setting). Ammo could be 999, since there's no way to use that much in a few seconds. Effects like the loading of rockets (which takes a few seconds), or holding GES goo should be cut short (without firing, perhaps) when the time limit is reached.
        Whoah, I didn't get everything, the idea seems nice overall but I don't understand how you want it in.

Comment

ok i am a bit confused.
          what is this and how can i get it and is it big?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
            Whoah, I didn't get everything, the idea seems nice overall but I don't understand how you want it in.
            Basically, when a Chameleon relic user hits another person, the relic checks to see if the target holds a relic. If so, the Chameleon Relic adopts that relic's power for three seconds. If the target is not holding a relic, the Chameleon relic checks to see if they're using an adrenaline combo, and, if so, the Chameleon relic adopts the Adrenaline power, perhaps for as long as their target's power is active (including ending when the target is killed). If the target has niether relic nor combo, the Chameleon relic transforms the holder's weapon to the target's weapon for three seconds.

New Relic Ideas:
            Relic of Draining: When someone hits the user of the Relic of Draining, their weapon drains additional ammo (10% of its ammo, 3 ammo, see what works best) in addition to the amount used for the shot. If the attacker holds the Relic of Ammo (its counter), both relics are dropped and relocated (rather than just tossed, since bots will pick them up again instantly). Alternately, since the two Relics are contrary, you could allow just one type or the other, though that's more complicated and less fun.

Comment

New Relic:

Relic of Vision: The user sees blurry forms (team-colored?) through walls and terrain indicating where other players are, and perhaps their distance (by color or size? numbers?). These forms also betray the presence of invisible players (and relic holders), as well as mutants.

Comment

The ultimate version of the mutator will be made, but don't expect to be released soon. It will feature some of the suggestions you gave; but no more relics, I'm a bit tired of them. :downcast:

Posted by the shmible
                ok i am a bit confused.
                what is this and how can i get it and is it big?
                Download the mutator from here . It only weighs 1.34 MB.

Hedge_o_Matic, I like very much your relic ideas, but as I wrote before, I don't want to make more than 20 relics. However, keep writing your ideas, they can be included in my mutator version for UT2007 . I hope to be able to run this game on my PC.
                What do you think about a Relic of Thefts? You can see what relics have the other players and if you hurt anyone who carries a relic, you'll steal the relic and your relic auto-destroys.

Comment

New Relics:
                  Relic of Force: the knockback effect of the players weapon is doubled (tripled?).

Relic of the Twin: The holder is accompanied by a bot double, that fires the same weapon at the same target, and generally tries to stay close by. The double acts with bot AI, and all items they pick up go to the the relic holder. The damage they do is real. The damage the double takes is taken by the relic holder.

Team Relics:
                  These relics benefit the holder's teammates, rather than the holders themselves.

Relic of the Martyr: The relic-holder takes 1/3 the damage that evey team mate within the relic's radius takes, while their teammates take nothing. The Relic holder heals 1 point every two seconds.

Relic of the Doomed: All team projectiles fired at targets within the radius of this relic's effect home in (using the flocking behavior, perhaps?).

Relic of Misfortune: Enemy team members within this relic's radius are vulnerable to 100% friendly fire.

Relic of Space: All enemy team members and enemy-fired projectiles within the radius of this relic move at -10% speed.

Relic of Instability: The knockback of all friendly team member's weapons is doubled (tripled?).

Additional Team relics: These relics can be fairly converted into Team relics that lend their effects to nearby team mates: Strength, Health, Vampire, Guns, Ammo. The effects should be less pronounced than with the individual relics, of course.

Team Game Individual Relics:
                  These Relics are useful only in team games, but help individual holders like normal relics.

Relic of Disguise: The player's Team color is reversed to the opposing team's color. Stops working for three seconds after each shot fired.

Relic of Deception: The holder appears to have the opposing team's flag, or a BR ball. This object is only visible when the holder's team is actually in possession of the object in question.

Relic of Limbo: The players killed by the relic holder suffer a respawn delay of five (ten?) seconds, making the teams temporarily unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaklse
                    The ultimate version of the mutator will be made, but don't expect to be released soon. It will feature some of the suggestions you gave; but no more relics, I'm a bit tired of them.
                    Aww! Ignore my post above, then. No don't! It's some good stuff! (Thirteen new Relics, eighteen if you count the team-versions of the individual relics!)

What do you think about a Relic of Thefts? You can see what relics have the other players and if you hurt anyone who carries a relic, you'll steal the relic and your relic auto-destroys.
                    Gaining the relic of someone by harming them isn't useful as a one-time ability, since it cancels out having to defeat their relic's effect with skill. And having even a single instance of this relic in play would make actually putting a relic into use problematic, as you could lose them at any time. Consider the effect of stray shots and ricochettes; you might get a relic you didn't even see because your flak bounces around a corner and nicks someone. I'd reconsider this one.

The Chameleon Relic I described came from thinking about the failed Theft Relic in an earler implementation. I think mirroring enemy relic powers is cool, because they still have their ability, but you still have to defeat it through skill.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. The Theft Relic sucks... the Chameleon Relic is better and can be implemented.

Comment

Cool!

Any comments on the others (even though you won't be doing amy more relics... though I hope you'll reconsider...)?

Any word on implementing Relic Groups?

Comment

- Relic of Chameleons: useful and can be implemented
                          - Relic of Draining: it's a bit useless :bored:
                          - Relic of Vision: same this one
                          - Relic of Force: I don't understand "knockback"
                          - Relic of Twins: good idea, also the bot can be a monster
                          - Relic of Martyrs: good idea, similar to the Equilibrium Relic
                          - Relic of Doomeds: can't be implemented on a mutator
                          - Relic of Misfortune: useless :down:
                          - Relic of Space: useless but it's a good idea, modify it
                          - Relic of Instability: "knockback"?
                          - Relic of Disguise: good idea and I think that it can be implemented
                          - Relic of Deception: good idea, I saw its mechanics on a mutator in this forum
                          - Relic of Limbo: good idea, but I doubt that it can be implemented
                          - Team Relics of Strength, Health, Vampire, Guns, Ammo: cool, they need a name each one :up: .

I tried to code the Relic of Items (if you get an item, the relic gives you another same one) but it didn't work. Maybe for UT2007.

Comment

- Relic of Force: I don't understand "knockback"
                            - Relic of Instability: "knockback"?
                            I'm going to take a chance and presume you weren't ironic. (considering the choice of smileys.)

Knockback = Momentum.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot what term they use. Maybe it's momentum. Shock rifles, for example, able to stop manta in their tracks and knock people around. A relic that drastically increased this ability would be very useful, I'm thinking.

Let me re-think some of the others, to see if there are useful versions of some. If not, well, you can't win them all!

Comment

Okay, new thinking on those Relics you think need it:

Relic of Space: New name: Relic of Distortion. All projectiles gain a random off-axis momentum as they approach the holder, making them curve away from their straight path, and travel at 70% of their speed. Enemy players move at 80% of their ground and air speed. These effects are to all enemy players within 1024 units, and all projectiles within 256 units. Note: homing rockets and projectiles should be immune to the curving effect, but not the speed effect.

Relic of Draining: New thinking: When an opponant damages someone holding this relic, the relic drains one-half (or maybe 80%) of the weapon's remaining ammo, rounding up. Now that's an effect! Is it useful? You decide.

New Names for Team Relics:
                                Strength: Relic of Power
                                Health: Relic of Repair
                                Vampire: Relic of the Swarm (yeah, weak, but I was going for the bat thing...)
                                Guns: Relic of Firepower
                                Ammo: Relic of Supply

Team Relics might have a new mesh, or, better and easier, have their icons be white on black, using the same mesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X