• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaven of Relics 1.2 FINAL

Name: Heaven of Relics
    Version: 1.2
    Game: UT2004
    Description: Do you remember the relics?
    The relics are items that move around the map and give you special powers. You will be able to pick up only one of them.
    There are 20 types of relics:
    - Relic of Strength: Doubles the damage that you do.
    - Relic of Defense: Reduces all the damage you take by half.
    - Relic of Health: Regenerates your health.
    - Relic of Haste: Multiplies your speed by 1.5.
    - Relic of Redemption: Gives you a second chance at life.
    - Relic of Vengeance: Creates a big explosion after your death.
    - Relic of Adrenaline: Gradually increases your adrenaline counter up.
    - Relic of Agility: Provides you a powerful jump.
    - Relic of Ammo: Gradually increases your ammunition up.
    - Relic of Disability: Makes your target almost stop moving.
    - Relic of Guns: Makes you shoot faster.
    - Relic of Equilibrium: Distribute damage you take amongst nearby players.
    - Relic of Infancy: Decreases you in size.
    - Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible.
    - Relic of Momentum: The momentum of damage is increased.
    - Relic of Radiation: Gradually decreases the opponents' health near to you.
    - Relic of Translocation: Your location is exchanged with your victim's location.
    - Relic of Vampire: Grants you the ability to drain opponent's life damage.
    - Evil Relic: Gives you a rare illness.
    - Mutant Relic: You become a Mutant (Mutant Gametype).
    You can choose the amount of relics of each type to place into the scenario, hide the relics' symbols, allow to toss the relic you carry, use the classic relics, and other features.

Download // More Details

sounds cool. I'm downloading

Comment

Just one thing, you have posted it as version 1 but the download is a beta (5). Is it finished? You state in the readme that it is still a beta so why didn't you post it in the beta forum until you considered it to be final?

Apart from that it does make for a nice updated version of all previous relic mutators.

Duca

Comment

Go to the Details link than go to downloads than click on like floopy disc pic and than download!

oh and would this work with weapon mods like Ballistic Weapons http://www.runestorm.za.net/index.ph...tpage&Itemid=1 like the Relic for Ammo would it increase you ammo when holding a Ballistic Weapon say the M50

Also when you say in the readme to remember to assign a Relic ****** key does that mean that after i pick up one relic i can't get rid of it until i throw it away, cause i really don't have any key space left on my keyboard, could you make another version that makes it so once you pick up a relic it works than if you walk over another than you'll get that one and drop the one you were carrying before!

Comment

Fixed the Download link, sorry guys. I used copy-paste
          Mr. uglyPants wrote:
          oh and would this work with weapon mods like Ballistic Weapons http://www.runestorm.za.net/index.ph...tpage&Itemid=1 like the Relic for Ammo would it increase you ammo when holding a Ballistic Weapon say the M50
          I don't know if the Relic of Ammo or the Relic of Guns works with that non-standard weapons. If the M50 script works like all weapons, it should be compatible.
          Mr. uglyPants wrote:
          could you make another version that makes it so once you pick up a relic it works than if you walk over another than you'll get that one and drop the one you were carrying before!
          Not a bad idea. I'll think about it.

Comment

dude you are soo cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants

Also when you say in the readme to remember to assign a Relic ****** key does that mean that after i pick up one relic i can't get rid of it until i throw it away, cause i really don't have any key space left on my keyboard, could you make another version that makes it so once you pick up a relic it works than if you walk over another than you'll get that one and drop the one you were carrying before!
              Yo ugly, you can assign more then one action to a keybind but you probably know that

Duca

Comment

thanks Xaklse very nice, and the new effects are good !

i've only one bug
                example , i want only 10 relics by maps i select 10 amount of relics and 1 in each relics.
                the respawn isn't random, i've always the 10 same first relics

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ducatisto
                    Yo ugly, you can assign more then one action to a keybind but you probably know that

Duca

never knew!

Comment

sn.k wrote:
                      i've only one bug
                      example , i want only 10 relics by maps i select 10 amount of relics and 1 in each relics.
                      the respawn isn't random, i've always the 10 same first relics
                      No, it's not a bug, it works in a good way. But you are right, the spawns should be random.

To everyone :heart:: Post here all bugs you find, please.

Comment

Woo Hoo! This mutator basically reminds me wh I love Ut so much. endless combinations of new gametypee, each made completely different with just the addition of some choice mutators.

My current favorite combination:

Nodeseige (Custom gametype, like Domination) with H.o.Relics (one random of each type).

Bombing Run with one Mutant Relic per player.

CTF with one Translocationn relic per player.

LMS with a single Redemption relic in play.

Gemfeeder (download this gametype!) with various mixes of relics (the cool combinations here are endless).

Onslaught with one mutant relic per player.

Mutant with a single Mutant relic. Mutant to mutant combat!

Has the Relic of Adrenaline changed in this release?

One small suggestion for next release: Custom relic layouts. As you can see, I put a lot of thought into the specific mix of relics for each sort of game, and it'd be useful to just choose a relic layout in the configure menu rather than having to reset them all manually.

Great job!

PS: Which thread about H.o.Relics is the active one? You may want to close the Beta thread.

Comment

You found some cool combinations.
                          The Relic of Adrenaline has changed, now the adrenaline increases if you have less than 100 points of adrenaline and if you aren't using a combo.
                          Custom relic layouts... Cool! Suggest me the layouts you want.

[Beta 5 thread closed.]

Comment

Well, actually I was thinking about customizable slots, where you could designate any configuration for the mutator, and then give it a name and save it. then it would just be a matter of choosing one of your preconfigured mixes for the game you want.

So I might make one group "Mutant vs. Mutant", for use in the mutant gametype as described above. This would consist of a single mutant relic, that stayed around for 5 seconds before moving. Another group might be six Agility relics and two vengeance relics, saved under the name "Ultra bombing run".

Of course, I could use the "Mutant vs. Mutant" group in whatever gametype I wanted, but this would make it easier to switch between them quickly without having to discover mid-game that you've made an error in the layout.

Another suggestion would be to have Relic Pools for layouts. The configuaration would specify how many relics are in the pool (like it does now), and the "Relics Available" number would show how many relics are on the map available for use at any given time (which, currently, is the same number).

An option that would work equally well for both pools as well as individual relics would be "One per Player". When ticked for a relic, there would be four of that relic if there were four players. when ticked for a pool, there are four relics total chosen at random from the pool of available relics.

Comment

any progress on you adding the ability to walk over a relic pick that one up and it activating automatically than walking over another relic, than droping the one you were using and switching to the new one, all automactically so you don't have to use keybinds!

Comment

Working...
                              X