DGUnreal - latest map ONS-TCMP-DG-Meadowland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I know I am late but thanks to a suggestion from Buffy I finally played this map (the newest version) and it is really a great map. With everything cranked up to max and using 8xAA and 16xAF I have to say I have never seen more realistic terrain/grass in any game I have played ... even FarCry ... really amazing work ... And I just played a game with 31 bots on Godlike and it was really fun and challenging ... the opposing team always seemed to be somewhere around. Also my FPS was great ... not one slowdown no matter how much mayhem was on the screen ... great job on the optimization. Definitely a must have ONS level ... and yes as Buffy also said it is really perfect for HaloUT vehicles. 9.5/10 (for the 32p version).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UTddrmaster117
    Mmm... Skyboxes without lighting faults and oversized textures... Hipshot, excellent sky. As for the map- ****. This is something I'd expect to see in Red Orchestra (That's a good thing...)... Downloading now!

Edit: Holy s***, 22mb zipped... That's always a good thing...
    Thanks.
    Expect to see even better with my new maps such as SandStone and PineLake -- much more detail, more beta-testing. That linked page to SandStone currently has early beta screenshots, expect new screenshots and the map in a few weeks.

The large file size is due to the large high-detail terrain.

Originally posted by n3x15
    One problem.

I personally feel as though the flight ceiling is way too high. (Get the carlauncher in there, spawn a Raptor, and increase altitude to see what I mean.) I am able to see the edges of the map from that altitude. Bring down the flight ceiling a bit and/or make the fog thicker.

Otherwise, awesome map.
    Thanks for catching that. I don't know how that made it through beta-testing. I'll have to punish my testers.
    The issue is Skybox and Fog Color related.
    I'll fix it up and release another minor version (to prevent server name problems).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brits_Hit
    Well, they are called private messages for a reason but I just asked a bunch of questions concerning the terrain
    Ok private so why did u post here u sent him a private message, its private, no? :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One problem.

I personally feel as though the flight ceiling is way too high. (Get the carlauncher in there, spawn a Raptor, and increase altitude to see what I mean.) I am able to see the edges of the map from that altitude. Bring down the flight ceiling a bit and/or make the fog thicker.

Otherwise, awesome map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mmm... Skyboxes without lighting faults and oversized textures... Hipshot, excellent sky. As for the map- ****. This is something I'd expect to see in Red Orchestra (That's a good thing...)... Downloading now!

Edit: Holy s***, 22mb zipped... That's always a good thing...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta's that we hope to soon playtest. :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vynum
    This map is on my server. I think it is great. Sees like the Author took time to make the hills look most life like as possible, painting & terrain manipultion.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
    Thanks vynum,

I actually use a special method for creating realistic terrains that I have developed over the past year, including custom software that I wrote.

I have more maps using this realistic terrain system coming soon.
    You can see beta preview screenshots on my Maps page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is on my server. I think it is great. Sees like the Author took time to make the hills look most life like as possible, painting & terrain manipultion.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great news DG. I have a bit of catching up to do but this is one not to be put on hold for a mo

Awesome! and thanks again :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Xyx.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Verrry cool! Not too many fliers, not too much hitscan, still as amazing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New 32-Player Version

By popular demand, there is a new version of the Meadowland onslaught map.
    It now includes Node buildings, updated Core buildings, other new staticmesh items scattered around the map, and twice the number of Trees and flora.
    This version has been TitanONS-tested. You will require a high-end PC for 32-player gaming.

Get it here. Mirrors will be up soon.

This map replaces the -32p version, so anyone who is mirroring the old file or running the old 32-player version of the map on their server should replace that file with this new one. Note that the map name has been changed to avoid server naming errors. I am removing the old -32p version from download availability.

I also have additional large online team Onslaught maps under development, be sure to check out my mapping page for beta previews.
    These new maps are considerably higher quality, building upon my experience with realistic terrain creation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Link for the 32p Version

http://www.ut-x.net/component/option...etails/gid,81/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for releasing the 32p version. It's awesome.

Promised mirror here; the-musnet.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Absolutely beautiful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X