DGUnreal - latest map ONS-TCMP-DG-Meadowland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Another absolutely great map, DG. Your work is very polished and fun to play. Great job.

-Axe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks.
    Bot-pathed plenty.
    Somewhere close to 400 RoadPathNodes if I recall...
    I always create completed final maps with full bot play testing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks spectacular fromt he pics but is the map botpathed??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for hosting!
    I'll add the site to our hosts sites page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ut-X.net DownloadLink
    ONS-TCMP-DG-Meadowland @ ut-X.net Filebase

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    Looking good! Very realistic.
    How 'bout a couple of Paladins? Also wheeled.
    Thanks.
    It looks like perhaps an additional version of the map with the full compliment of ground vehicles might be popular. I'll look into doing that.

Originally posted by Tidu
    One of the best-implemented skyboxes! Looks pretty fresh :heart:
    Thanks Tidu.
    The amazing Skybox textures courtesy of Hipshot. His full pack can also be downloaded from the DGUnreal web site.

Originally posted by shokazulu
    Just finished playing it....
    The terrain is absolutely gorgious!
    Nicely done :up:
    Thanks.
    My method of creating terrain uses four applications including custom in-house software I have developed. It takes a while to set up all of the layers though.
    25 texture and deco layers in this map, and I wanted more, but map performance started to become an issue.

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
    Yeah, you're right. I've tested it with a manta and found out what you meant. It's probably because of 1 of your decolayers. I found some pretty detailed flowers. Ah well maybe it's also fun the way it is now.
    It is due to the large 512x512 terrain design with its long steep hills and such. The Manta floats something like 32UUs above its base, so when it climbs up steeper hills, the front-end of the vehicle scrapes along. It can still be used in this situation, but it can be annoying to constantly be dragging the front-end of it up hills. That is why most maps are flat paths around the bases of various hills, which is also not realistic.

Originally posted by djsilt
    the skybox looks awesome !!! and yes the terrain seems very realistic !
    is the map can be played by 32 players ?, if so feel free to propose your map to the Titan 32p onslaught forums (http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/index.php?)
    will be d/l it this evening !!
    Thanks.
    Currently the max is 24 players.
    I would have to test it with 32, since the large amount of detail in the map may impact game speed with that many players.
    If the Titan 32p players would like to play on this map, I can make a modified version that supports it, plus change in whatever vehicle load they prefer.

Originally posted by Muckbean
    Agreed, awesome work here. :up:
    Thanks.
    I'm currently working with a couple of game studios, but still plan on trying to squeeze in another map or two this year with even greater quality than this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shokazulu

Agreed, awesome work here. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the skybox looks awesome !!! and yes the terrain seems very realistic !
    is the map can be played by 32 players ?, if so feel free to propose your map to the Titan 32p onslaught forums (http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forums/index.php?)
    will be d/l it this evening !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DGUnreal
    The Manta is my fav vehicle also.
    However, it pretty much scrapes bottom all the time on this map when going up hills. So even the beta testers agreed that the vehicle should not be included.
    If enough people ask for a "full vehicle" version of the map, I'll re-release another version with everything in it.
    Yeah, you're right. I've tested it with a manta and found out what you meant. It's probably because of 1 of your decolayers. I found some pretty detailed flowers. Ah well maybe it's also fun the way it is now.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One of the best-implemented skyboxes! Looks pretty fresh :heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking good! Very realistic.

How 'bout a couple of Paladins? Also wheeled. Perhaps even a h4x0red Levi without driver weapons (just the plasma turrets)? 't would be easy to make.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Manta is my fav vehicle also.
    However, it pretty much scrapes bottom all the time on this map when going up hills. So even the beta testers agreed that the vehicle should not be included.
    If enough people ask for a "full vehicle" version of the map, I'll re-release another version with everything in it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aok, I've missed the SPMA's. Well the manta is my favorit vehicle and the first thing I did was looking 4 a manta. I understand why you didn't put goliaths and raptors in the map, though mantas are all terrain vehicles. I would have put them in. (just my opinion)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey MM,

It also has SPMA's at the north and south Nodes.
    I chose to not put other "non-wheeled" vehicles in such as Mantas and Goliaths since they do not handle the complex realistic terrain very well and always bottom-out.
    And due to the large play area on the map and the high resolution heightmap, flying vehicles did not work well as they can see the terrain edges and their terrain poly count gets real high when they are in the air.

There is a total of 21 wheeled vehicles in this map.
    I'm hoping people will enjoy driving the Scorpion, Hellbender and SPMA.
    They make for a fun "dune-buggy in the fields" type game.

Oh, and it also has the ONS Bomber... (and a Redeemer, etc.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X