No announcement yet.

Quake 3 remake - "House of Pain"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW i went to you linka nd you converted one of my favorite maps...............

The House of Chthon for UT2004.

Awsome. I will put that on the new ut2004 classic server.

Comment

Don't be so shy, it looks good! Post screenies!

Allow me to assist:

Comment

Originally posted by SivakDrac
        Yes... Well, there wasn't really much of any option other than NO power up... Instead of doubling your speed and fire rate, you're doubling your damage.

What about a cluster of adrenaline there?

Also I've seen mappers add "speed" to their maps (searched for a while but couldn't find one). It's similar to the way they add "boots of jumping" that isn't coded into UT2004 and doesn't effect maps outside of that map.

Talk to folks at UP like Blitz and Angel_Mapper they code things like this all the time.

I've liked most of your remakes but this map was never a Q3 favorite in the actual game, so I'm sorry if I sound sceptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Belcherman[BTC]
          BTW i went to you linka nd you converted one of my favorite maps...............

The House of Chthon for UT2004.

Awsome. I will put that on the new ut2004 classic server.
          Yep. I actually did that map in 2002 for UT2003 back when the game was about 1 week old. It was my first map for the game and I kept all the maps I did. I got UT2004 last December and decided that since these maps are all usable, I could just upgrade some things, which I did/am doing. Plus I've got new maps out there.

Currently I'm on finishing Q1DM3. I got the whole area mapped, just need to do pickups and bot pathing. I could have had this out a week ago, but I've been playing the game rather than mapping for it.

Are either of those servers in your signature the IP for the said server? If not, I hope you'll post a server IP sometime.

Comment

no those 2 servers are not the one im talking about. I am putting up a different one for that. I am collectiong the maps first then will toss it up. It will not have any of the maps with ut2004 that come with it jsut the Quake maps. it is basically a Quake server using the ut2004 engine. I built a Q2 mod for our clan that was loaded up night and day in 99. We still have alot of QUake2 players. So THis would be a treat. We actually have a q1 head hunters server that some of us still play on as well THe abandoned base that will be nice hwne its done.

Comment

It is up I haven't added any of your maps yet will do that tomorrow. Below is the address:

64.144.107.22:7714

I will problaby have to put your initials on some of the q1dm maps as there are other versions on there. Your look awsome though.

Comment

Originally posted by Belcherman[BTC]
                It is up I haven't added any of your maps yet will do that tomorrow. Below is the address:

64.144.107.22:7714

I will problaby have to put your initials on some of the q1dm maps as there are other versions on there. Your look awsome though.
                Why not just run the one you deem the best? It would seem kind of silly to have multiple versions of the same map.

Comment

Ill have to try yours out even though they do look good MY paying gigs take over my fun stuff. Maybe you can stop in sometimes as well. You make the conversion I will put em up. The more you convert the more ill put up q1dm3 q2dm1 the edge i could go on lol........

Comment

YOur maps are all up there. the old ones have the letter a on the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X