Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT2004 Community Voice Pack 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT2004 Community Voice Pack 1

    Name: Unreal Tournament 2004 Community Voice Pack 1 (CVP1 for short)
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: There are compilations for maps, models, skins and weapons, but as far as I know there haven't been any for voice packs. Enter CVP1, a collection of 18 custom made VPs made by the mod community.
    Comments: I have put a copy of the ReadMe up on my Web site so that you can take a look at its contents before you download. Click here to view it. We are accepting submissions for CVP2. No experience is necessary. Training can be provided by our staff. If you're interested, please go to the CVP Web site, read the FAQ then contact me.
    Screenshot: Here are some logos for the project:

    Credits: I would like to acknowledge and thank everyone who participated in this project. Thank you to the voice artists who made these fine VPs and permitted me to compile them together. Thanks also go to the ones who allowed me to port over their works from other games into this CVP. Please send feedback to the original authors. Their E-Mail address are hyperlinked to their names in the table above and also in their individual ReadMe files. Thanks also goes out to Epic and Digital Extremes for making Voice Packs available in the first place.

    I would also like to thank all of the playtesters: Franko, Leonardo-DaVinci of JP-Studios, Loki Nightflame and Markus "MäxX" Rotter. If I forgot to mention someone, then please accept my humblest apology.
    Homepage: CVP
    Download: Nation Narrow Net, RapidShare.de, Gnutella P2P magnet, UT2007World Hosting, UT200X HQ, Flatliners Corner, Unreal.ie, FilePlanet, Levels4You, FileShack

    EDIT: Added new mirrors. Thanks go to zoro and Flatliner for mirroring CVP1.

    #2
    I tell you people just don't care about the Vp's anymore *sigh* Nice work Lopar and everyone else:up: Really good voices!

    Comment


      #3
      This Web site has exceeded its allotted bandwidth and has been temporarily suspended.


      To get this site back online, either wait until the used bandwidth for the past 30 days has dropped below the maximum allowed, or log into the hosting account management and upgrade the hosting plan to allow for more bandwidth.




      I was gunna check the readme.
      See sig for hosting if yours sucks.

      Comment


        #4
        Ah crud. It had to happen sooner or later. I've added a few mirrors. Try downloading it from Flatliners Corner here.

        EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot that I could've just uploaded the ReadMe to SaveFile. ReadMe----CVP1.html

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
          I tell you people just don't care about the Vp's anymore *sigh*
          Personally I only use custom VPs, as 2K4's defaults suck (except for the male juggernaut, which has a nice rawness to it). UT99's packs otoh were excellent, and I use the various ports all the time.

          Anyway, nice job Lopar-XL, especially the Skaarj VP is a real treat. Have you ever thought about porting some of the UT99 classics, btw? There are very few decent female VPs in 2k4, and UT99 had some really good (well, relatively speaking) ones like Kitharobot, Buffy, and Babevoice -- see http://www.planetunreal.com/utterance/female.html.

          I've tried to make a new BtVS pack from scratch using the Voice Packager tool, but no matter how you tweak it most of the sounds remain barely audible in-game.

          Comment


            #6
            has anyone done all the VP's from UC2?

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks all for downloading CVP1 and for giving feedback. Please also send a message to the original authors of each VP.

              Originally posted by 4TX4
              Personally I only use custom VPs, as 2K4's defaults suck (except for the male juggernaut, which has a nice rawness to it). UT99's packs otoh were excellent, and I use the various ports all the time.

              Anyway, nice job Lopar-XL, especially the Skaarj VP is a real treat. Have you ever thought about porting some of the UT99 classics, btw? There are very few decent female VPs in 2k4, and UT99 had some really good (well, relatively speaking) ones like Kitharobot, Buffy, and Babevoice -- see http://www.planetunreal.com/utterance/female.html.

              I've tried to make a new BtVS pack from scratch using the Voice Packager tool, but no matter how you tweak it most of the sounds remain barely audible in-game.
              I have ported the original UT voices over to UT2K4, and will make them available for UT2007 if possible. They're in a compilation called "Enhanced UT Voices for UT2K4". The current version is v2.1, which fixes a few annoying things that I have recieved comments on. You can find it on the Nation Narrow Net files page, on this page at UTzone.de or here at SaveFile.com. I will also try to port the best custom VPs that the mod community has made for the original UT as well and put them in CVP2 (or 3, if this idea takes off). Team Aural Sect from the UK has made a superb collection of VPs over at Shimmer's UT Fortress. I would love to port their works over and put them in my project but I've been trying for over a year to contact them about this and have not recieved a reply.

              If you're going to make a voice pack for UT2004, you've got to know that the game handles audio modules differently than in previous games. Somehow the voices seem low compared to past efforts, but here is what you can do to fix that problem. You will need to boost the volume of your source .WAV files by 200%. It is also a good idea to "maximize" the volume using a full dynamic range filter before you do that. Next, set the TransientSoundVolume property to a value between 0.75 and 1.00.



              You could send me your VPs and I could playtest them for you if you want.

              Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
              has anyone done all the VP's from UC2?
              I don't know if anyone has done that yet, or if it can be done. I'd like to give it a try.

              Comment


                #8
                http://www.unreal.ie/dl//misc/CVP1_U...--Non-Umod.zip

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lopar-XL
                  I have ported the original UT voices over to UT2K4, and will make them available for UT2007 if possible. They're in a compilation called "Enhanced UT Voices for UT2K4".
                  Ah yes, downloaded those ages ago. Very nice job!

                  The current version is v2.1, which fixes a few annoying things that I have recieved comments on.
                  I'm not sure which version I have, but I never had any problems with it afaik...

                  I will also try to port the best custom VPs that the mod community has made for the original UT as well and put them in CVP2 (or 3, if this idea takes off). Team Aural Sect from the UK has made a superb collection of VPs over at Shimmer's UT Fortress. I would love to port their works over and put them in my project but I've been trying for over a year to contact them about this and have not recieved a reply.
                  In that case, and given the fact that they didn't bother to port them to 2K3/4, I think we can safely assume that whoever made those VPs lost interest in them and perhaps in UT as a whole. Like abandoned ships on the high seas, those VPs are now adrift and waiting for someone to salvage them. If you include the original authors' name and contact info and explain how you tried to contact them etc., how could anyone possibly object? It's a compliment, plain and simple...

                  You will need to boost the volume of your source .WAV files by 200%. It is also a good idea to "maximize" the volume using a full dynamic range filter before you do that. Next, set the TransientSoundVolume property to a value between 0.75 and 1.00.
                  Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot if I can find the old files. Any audio freeware you'd like to recommend, btw?

                  You could send me your VPs and I could playtest them for you if you want.
                  The originals got wiped out half a year or so ago when I was having some computer trouble, but maybe I've got a backup somewhere. I'll take a look... The Buffypack was far from complete, btw. Taunts and acks are easy, but some of the other stuff is hard to match up.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by 4TX4
                    Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot if I can find the old files. Any audio freeware you'd like to recommend, btw?
                    Jet Audio You can use it. Has a number of tools you can use with other Audio software as well.

                    Just a thought...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 4TX4
                      Ah yes, downloaded those ages ago. Very nice job!

                      I'm not sure which version I have, but I never had any problems with it afaik...
                      Thank you! Version 2.1 has the volume level for each VP increased so that they are more clear over the sound and fury of battle. I've also rearranged the ACKs so that "Roger" is in slot 03. I got a message from an irate gamer who said that he bounds the "Roger" acknowledgement to a specific key and thus always expects it to be there. He said to me that the VPs were not feasible for him because of that. I didn't know that this was such a big deal, and I've never heard or read about this sort of thing happening before. Anyways, I thought that the compilation needed some tweaing so I made that little change.


                      Originally posted by 4TX4
                      In that case, and given the fact that they didn't bother to port them to 2K3/4, I think we can safely assume that whoever made those VPs lost interest in them and perhaps in UT as a whole. Like abandoned ships on the high seas, those VPs are now adrift and waiting for someone to salvage them. If you include the original authors' name and contact info and explain how you tried to contact them etc., how could anyone possibly object? It's a compliment, plain and simple...
                      I would think so, too. It would be a pity to see those VPs fade away into obscurity.

                      Originally posted by 4TX4
                      Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot if I can find the old files. Any audio freeware you'd like to recommend, btw?
                      Audacity is another program you could use. I stil prefer using GoldWave.

                      Originally posted by 4TX4
                      The originals got wiped out half a year or so ago when I was having some computer trouble, but maybe I've got a backup somewhere. I'll take a look... The Buffypack was far from complete, btw. Taunts and acks are easy, but some of the other stuff is hard to match up.
                      When you're done making your VP(s), send me an E-Mail message and I'll playtest them.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi Lopar XL.

                        I wanted to know if you knew anything how to do the voices for our own names? I seen a video of **** by Team ****. They had the announcer say out the person who killed an opponent. It was "Justice" and "Madness". You seen this video? If so, you know how I can do that, or what search string I can use to find out please mate.?

                        Thanks, and great VP , I was thinking of an ed209 voice from robocop. And a voice from Shadow Builder the movie. The shadow Builder Movie voice is insane. Love to have that in a voice for a taunt .

                        Also, I have just bought the AT&T Natural Voices. I was wondering if you knew how I could get the natural voice set in place of the old ****ty sounding robotic voice?

                        Any info about anything would be greatly appreciated.

                        AG

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by >GA<AG
                          Hi Lopar XL.

                          I wanted to know if you knew anything how to do the voices for our own names? I seen a video of **** by Team ****. They had the announcer say out the person who killed an opponent. It was &quot;Justice&quot; and &quot;Madness&quot;. You seen this video? If so, you know how I can do that, or what search string I can use to find out please mate.?
                          I know how to make Announcer Packs (APs), but I don't know how to make it so that the announcer speaks the name of a given player when they score and I have not seen that video, if that's what you are saying.

                          Originally posted by >GA<AG
                          Thanks, and great VP , I was thinking of an ed209 voice from robocop. And a voice from Shadow Builder the movie. The shadow Builder Movie voice is insane. Love to have that in a voice for a taunt .
                          If you like ED209, then I think you'll like my Sentinel ASR-75 security robot VP, which I will include in CVP2. It's totally custom and voice acted by yours truley. Send me your E-Mail address via PM here if you want to playtest it. I don't know about this "Shadow Builder" movie, though. If you could send me liks to it and that other one you mentioned above then I'll see what I can do about them.

                          Originally posted by >GA<AG
                          Also, I have just bought the AT&amp;T Natural Voices. I was wondering if you knew how I could get the natural voice set in place of the old ****ty sounding robotic voice?

                          Any info about anything would be greatly appreciated.

                          AG
                          I don't know what OS you're running, but this is how to change the computer's default voice in Windows XP. UT2004's TTS applet uses the same voice as the one you assign to your computer.

                          1) Open the Control Panel.
                          2) Open the Speech applet.
                          3) Click on the Text-to-Speech tab.
                          4) Select the voice you want from the drop-down control menu box located under "Voice selection".
                          5) Test the voice and adjust the speed as want.
                          6) Click OK and close the Control Panel.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            GJ Lopar, keep up the good work!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Very good mod...

                              Really love the custom voices, never got a few ones, that is used for digital presentation of voice acting over the past 7 years, I'm not really good at it. I've got the collection of voice packs and models for UT2004 that had brought in my gaming experience. Good thinking!

                              Mirror added to UTzone.de >> http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...=3828&langid=2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X