Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quake 3 remake - "Hell's Gate"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 3 remake - "Hell's Gate"

Here is Q3tourney3 for UT2004. I know I said I'd do the Edge, but I took a break and worked on this. Has the minigun, shock rifle, and rocket launcher for the arsenal and a super shield on the narrow bridge over the fog pit. Have fun.

http://www.unrealplayground.com/down...hp?mapid=10619

Cool I have an older remake for UT2003 that was decent, but this is a good map to remake, I'm not a fan of GOTH but the gameplay of this one was awesome.

Comment

Any plans of doing Q3DM7: Temple of Retribution?

Comment

Originally posted by cUnNiNg_StUnTs
        Cool I have an older remake for UT2003 that was decent, but this is a good map to remake, I'm not a fan of GOTH but the gameplay of this one was awesome.
        What's GOTH? And thanks. I tried to be awesome. I never saw any other remakes, so I figured I would go for it.

Any plans of doing Q3DM7: Temple of Retribution?
        It's possible. I never intended to do ANY Q3 remakes except Fatal Instinct, but here we are with 2 out. (2.5 if you count my unreleased "The Very End of You").

For some of these bigger maps, it's a little harder because the Q3 editor I have (QuArK) is so buggy with Q3 maps. I like to view original maps in the editor so I can see how hallways go, items are laid out, etc. It's way more convenient than opening the original game and looking around. That's kind of why I've stuck to these smaller maps. Q1 and Q2 maps are less buggy, so I can do those easier.

But I'll keep it in mind. I need to finish off Q2DM1 The Edge.

Comment

Oh Q3Radient is much better than Quark IMO the later version of it wer very stable.

But I don't know about exporting or any of that, if I were to do one it would be from scratch.

Comment

I love the Radiant. Shame it doesen't support UT

Comment

q3dm7! I like this map too, it's the best of the 3 i've tried. Much better in the unreal universe too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnthetika
                q3dm7! I like this map too, it's the best of the 3 i've tried. Much better in the unreal universe too.
                Q3DM7 again, eh? This is the third request I've gotten in the past 2 days. I will CONSIDER it. As it stands, I'm still stuck using QuArK to view the maps. I tried Radiant, but it needs a file with a .map extension. I apparently found a way to make BSP to maps in the past as I did this with Fatal Instinct (which I began in 2003). Though I never finished that map until this year and don't remember what I did. I used Quark to finish that map off.

If anyone can tell me a good way to convert a BSP into a MAP file so that Radiant can read it, I will definitely look into Q3DM7. I have looked up some possible programs, but NONE of them work. BSP2map, Q3map2, and Winbspc are their names. So do NOT list these. They DO NOT work.

Right now I'm trying to finish up Q2DM1 and I've also begun Q3DM2 (House of Pain). DM7 is a larger map, which is why I would like the more convenient editor.

Sincerely,
                -Me

Comment

q3dm7 was a fun map. I also liked one of the three wave ctf maps. I don't recall the name but it wasn't the one with the lava in the middle and it wasn't the one in the ship. It was that really open one, that had the little armor room across the way from the flag people would hide inside. I wish I could remember the name. I always liked that map though.

Comment

Found this...

take a look

Comment

That's one of the other 3 I played. One of the better ones. I think that's the one you can be shot up on the top area. It's still fun though. The worst one I saw was the one with the big Carmack face in the middle on the side of the building.

Comment

oh linky linky please.

Comment

Found this...

take a look
                          Man, that one sure blows mine away visually. (I guess my imagination just ain't that great). Though it seems much larger and the ramps have the extra lower area with some adrenaline. I used the pink fog of death instead of lava though.

Overall it seemed pretty decent.

Comment

yours is still good though.

Comment

DM-6 and DM-11 from Quake 1 please? (cries) It would be so nice......

Comment

Working...
                              X