DM-VIA-Underkeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Excellent map lots of areal fun, but it took a bit of geeting used to the jump pads being on the walls instead of floor.

I guess the idea is it's a spinning gear that when you come into contact with throws you up??

Anyway it's a pretty fun map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know the lighting being different colours has an odd effect, but it is for practical reason. The map is designed for TAM, which is a fast paced game where you need to be able to get around quickly and navigate easily. I colour coded the rooms to make it as easy as possible to intuitively move around the map without having to spend much time learning which way is which. Also when you are in the main hall, the green door leads to the green room etc. When you are playing NW FFA or TDM, the colours are also designed to help you navigate the pickups. Each rooms colour is matched as closely as possible to the colour of the weapon in it. The red room has the rockets, the green room has the goop etc. Again in the main hall you'll see there are coloured meshes of the weapons you will be able to pickup by exiting particular doorways, to help with navigation.

That was the intention anyway!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet map, the layout is really cool. I found the lighting between rooms to be a little off. But ha its a first right ??????...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    go uie

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow thanks for the mirror!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.unreal.ie/dl//maps/dm/DM-VIA-Underkeep.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty neat ideas, original-looking and fun. Nice job! But there's some issues. The default player count is too high, some pathing/pickup problems, and there's a few sticky points that could be blocked. Lighting colors for rooms detracts a bit from the level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Underkeep rocks

This map has some of the best flow and as a 1v1 works well in any gametype. My hats off to Valkyrie who produced this as her very first map - to that I say OMFG you are gonna rock as a mapper.

:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking very good. Will download when I get home from work and check it out.

EDIT
    Nice map, but there is a mismatch on the gameservers.net with the UnderkeepSnds compressed sounds file. The one on there was uploaded on 18th Nov. Had to pull from the server for now, pity, it's a fun map to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very well made, and works really well for DM or TAM gametypes. Just by looking at it you would never know this is Valkyries first map, so well done on an awesome map. I recommend everyone downloads it and gives it a go.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-VIA-Underkeep

DM-VIA-Underkeep

This is a small, open map originally designed for the Team Arena Master mod. It also works well for 1v1 and gives a good 3v3 TDM where players can cluster together. The primary goals of the map are for both beginners and pro's to be able to play comfortably via a quick to learn layout, and I've aimed for equal amounts of movement on the X, Y and Z axis so there is a lot of leaping about and dynamic motion. Each area of the map has colour identification matching that of the weapons to be found in it, to aid in navigation throughout the map. It also offers some custom meshes and textures in the form of artwork on the walls.

This is my first map release and I've had a ball making it. I intend to release many more. Thanks very much to Xist, Chookwoods, NBK-Rattman, Taleweaver and Sjosz for feedback and assistance offered that was incorporated in the building of this map.

Download the map here

Read the Via CGA article: Via CGA article

Play the map on the following servers:
    GameSpace (Australia) IP: 203.34.186.15:7777
    NBK Servers (USA) (these servers are big community supporters so prepare to d/l a lot of custom stuff eg TAM,Deathball,Freezetag,Greed,OLDSchool):
    .................69.90.113.66 Ig server XxxX IG rifle and XxxX translocator
    .................69.90.113.67 Regular weapons server Lots O' Votable gametypes
    OWNage Dedicated Server (Australia): IP changes, name stays the same

I hope you get some fun out of this map!
Working...
X