CTF-Structural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Structural

Description : This structure was once abandoned, and even inhabited by hobos. Luckly for you, it has had funding to keep it alive, so the Unreal Tournament could take place here.

Player Count : 4-8

Screenshots

[shot]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6396/shot040833mq.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3255/shot040843hb.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5029/shot040852rj.jpg[/shot]
    Image 4
    Image 5
    Image 6
    Image 7

Download

Nali City
    Unreal Playground

Credits

3D Texturizer
    Sjosz
    ZIO
    SlainChild
    The UCMP Team
    Dregs
    King Mango
    Freekill
    The )o( Community
    Stormblade
    Hourences
    SpoonDog
    The Unreal Exploiters

Enjoy!

- Kyle

IF ANYBODY IS MISSING FILES FOR THIS MAP, PLEASE PM ME SO I CAN SORT IT OUT.

Looks nice, downloading.

Edit: Well I am off to play it, I will rate it at nailcity for you later.

Comment

DL_ing

Edit: +1. Could do with being a little more grubby and dirty, cos most abandoned structure just are that.

Anyway, a fun play...

:up:

Comment

looks cool mate, not keen on that red flag text behind the flag.

MsM

Comment

kyle, i hate to say it, but this map is totally unfinished.

-your zoning didn't work, it looks like you didn't add some zones where you could have. additionally, there are zone portals that you did add that aren't working. you can gain another 10-15 fps by fixing these zoning problems. as it is, the framerate is totally unacceptable. (and i did all my tests without bots...)

-you've used meshes from Dregs' port of some Unreal 2 meshes. Unfortunately, those meshes are modelled with single player gameplay in mind and as such have poly counts 2-3 times greater than what you should use in a multiplayer map. they're hurting your framerates. check the crates and cables you've used from that package, the polycount is quite high.

-the hidden areas with a picture of a cat : you used terrain and plants down there, but those areas aren't very visible from the gameplay area. those decos are hurting your framerates.

-check your overdraw on those fire emitters, it's out of control. combine that with looking through 3 zones and you have another framerate killer. there are places where there are 90k polys in view and an emitter or two.

-you don't have your coronas set to infinite radius, which means that the engine is calculating collision on these to determine when to display them or not. set radius to 0 on those things and make sure the brightness on them is set to 0. i tried rebuilding lights in your level and it froze the editor, i'm guessing it's from this corona problem.

if you were to release a fixed version addressing these issues i'm sure it would get a lot more gameplay, as it's a pretty fun layout.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkingfeller
            kyle, i hate to say it, but this map is totally unfinished.

-your zoning didn't work, it looks like you didn't add some zones where you could have. additionally, there are zone portals that you did add that aren't working. you can gain another 10-15 fps by fixing these zoning problems. as it is, the framerate is totally unacceptable. (and i did all my tests without bots...)

-you've used meshes from Dregs' port of some Unreal 2 meshes. Unfortunately, those meshes are modelled with single player gameplay in mind and as such have poly counts 2-3 times greater than what you should use in a multiplayer map. they're hurting your framerates. check the crates and cables you've used from that package, the polycount is quite high.

-the hidden areas with a picture of a cat : you used terrain and plants down there, but those areas aren't very visible from the gameplay area. those decos are hurting your framerates.

-check your overdraw on those fire emitters, it's out of control. combine that with looking through 3 zones and you have another framerate killer. there are places where there are 90k polys in view and an emitter or two.

-you don't have your coronas set to infinite radius, which means that the engine is calculating collision on these to determine when to display them or not. set radius to 0 on those things and make sure the brightness on them is set to 0. i tried rebuilding lights in your level and it froze the editor, i'm guessing it's from this corona problem.

if you were to release a fixed version addressing these issues i'm sure it would get a lot more gameplay, as it's a pretty fun layout.
            +1

Added:

- The plant/foliage have collision turned on, while that isn't neccessary at all.
            - The ZAxisOffset on the JumpSpots that are meant for bot translocation needs to be increased by at least 64 to fix the bots translocating bug.
            - The triggered water puddle sounds take too long before you can re-trigger them.
            - The graffiti looks way too 'new' compared to the building....

The map's ceiling areas are really cool, good job on that. Also the surrounding ambience sounds are nice. I'm sure that with the right amount of added work you can still make this one shine. You can do this, dude. Get fixing!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into those fixes.

Comment

Nice but...

Something was mentioned above.
                I saw it and I like it instantly... nice mix of themes from Corrugation, Hydro and Ironic... I don't care if abandoned factories are clean or dirty - I like it. But:
                - FPS are really too low on mid/low machines
                - Puddles are not visible on low world detail (I thought that it is sound of some plants when player hit it - turning world details high and voila... it was puddles! - In other words - don't sound like water to me.)
                - Holes in floor looks so small and heck! - I'm down. I shoot shock cores thru that wholes, thay were obviously going thru a solid matter. Make them so big opticaly, as they are when it comes to blocking volume.

But mainly FPS, please... Other than that - nice map really, SE mandatory. :-)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will be releaseing a FE *fixed edition* in the future.

I got to working on it last night and this is what I have done so far.

-Deleted all of the U2 meshes for a lower poly count.

-Fixed the overdraw on the fire emiters.

-Zoned some areas that needed it.

-Put almost all of the coronas at 0 radius.

-Turned off the collision on the vines.

-Deleted the plants on the terrain.

-Hopefully fixed the bot translocation problem. *I didn't have time to test the bots last night*

Comment

Re: CTF-Structural

What's the status on this map, Kyle?

Comment

Hadn't seen this thread before. I posted some thingies in Nalicity yesterday for the updated version... Although looks like most of them have been fixed already...

:up:

Comment

Thanks for the feedback anyways Lecter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz
                          What's the status on this map, Kyle?
                          I havn't progressed very far since the last update. I have been trying to get a DM layout made, but I was planning on working on the FE abit more today.

Comment

bump?

Comment

Pretty nice map.

Comment

Working...
                              X