• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Yro2

Name: DM-Yro2

Version: 1.0

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: Small DM map for fast and intense gameplay. The recommended number of players is between 2 and 4. No Super Weapons and the only power-up is the Super Shield Pack.

Change Log:
    - bDelayedSpawn of Shield Pack and Super Shield Pack set to TRUE
    - fixed the leak of the Shock Rifle Area Zone
    - Build Options changed which resulted in improved lighting and smaller file size
    - Bases of Super Shield Pack changed
    - added new textures
    - improved bot pathing
    - emitter optimization: MaxParticles reduced and Opacity increased which resulted in less overdraw
    - removed Shield Pack to prevent donut shaped gameplay
    - rearranged placement of weapons and ammo to prevent donut shaped gameplay
    - changed the location names to reflect new weapon placement
    - reduced the amount of ammo by about 20%
    - changed upper hallway windows to plasma pipe system
    - replaced a lot of BSPs with Static Meshes
    - added new Static Meshes
    - deleted round about 700 BSPs
    - created subclasses of FlakAmmoPickup (YroFlakAmmoPickup) and MinigunAmmoPickup (YroMinigunAmmoPickup) to display changed message
    - Textures of all Weapon Bases changed

Screenshots (they are darker than the map itself):

Download:
    mirror1
    mirror2
    mirror3
    mirror4
    mirror5

I downloaded the map a few days ago on UnrealPlayground, and i have to say its a big improvement from the first one.

Nice map Roy, keep them up:up:

Comment

*downloading*
      It looks... interesting... o.o" I wanna see, what it looks like ingame. I mean there is no rule, that says, what looks cool, or ugly. And this map has it's own special style. so I want to test it. ;D

Edit: (After downloading and testing) omfg xD It great! Awsome! I love it...xD O.o"

Comment

Absolutely amazing, awsome work!

Comment

Once again, love the map, but want to strangle you for that music... this is UT, not an Austin Powers mod.

Comment

Woah buddy, settle down. R0Y is looking for something different

Saying you want to strangle him is a bit extreme don't you think?

Comment

I wasn't intending it to sound that harsh, more a play strangle.

Comment

Awesome map man.. love the quirky style. But yeah, the music may be a little too out there

Comment

Whee Final!

Comment

The ne color looks leet, dl'ing to check it out :up:

Comment

I have been debating on whether to DL this map. I finally broke down and just did it. I gotta tell ya, this is a jewel of a map. First thing I noticed was how clean this map looks. There are no blood stains, no rusted metal or busted pieces of rock or wood. Then, there is that music. I normally do not play with the music on, but I had to find out what all the hoopla was about regarding this map's music track. It's as if you are in the first group of combatants to ever play in a brand new arena, and some idiot turns on the department store elevator music just to f*** with everyone! It's nothing less than awesome, I tell ya.

This map...is a keeper.

Comment

Oh, c'mon. How can you not love the music?

btw - thanks muchly for fixing the pathing, they don't seem to get stuck anywhere any more.

Comment

I really love it when authors try to put some character into there maps. Roy has done it nicely and the music is a nice touch to the overall personality of this map.

Loving the freshness of it. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mahalis
                            Oh, c'mon. How can you not love the music?
                            I do love the music. I only meant what I said in that it comes kinda as a shock the first time you hear it. I totally agree that the music enhances this map's appeal!

Comment

I saw you had done a second iteration of this map and felt compelled to have a look. Very nice.
                              I am one who liked the new music, makes a change from the dum dum dum of some stock stuff.
                              Loved the way the air con or whatever is it traverses the whole map, and theres lots of specularity maps isnt there?
                              I noticed that you had changed the " if your reading this your already dead" blurb, nice touch, but it did take me several lives to read it all.

Only one crit, aside from some of the textures could be "busier" is that the map uses BSP collision on the walls and for the most part ots fine. However if you want to wall dodge off some of them you bump your head and it ruins the jump. Perhaps make some collision brushes blokc players only , not karma ( so when a plyer dies they collide with the true corridor), make them square so the walls as far as player collision are concerned are completely flat. That is of course if you where going to do another revision.

I really liked it, refreshing ( very rare) and visually miles better than before. The mesh movers you have for decoration could be spruced up some more with a stripey or wavey texture. I didnt check the ed to see if it was a panning material or a rotating mesh.

Solid little map, couild use some more stuff going on outside the ship in the skybox but I really liked it and good job for sticking to it and making it again, well worth it

Comment

Working...
                              X