• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Pics] Single Player Framework

Name: Single Player Framework
    Version: 1
    Compatibility: Latest patch to be safe.

Description: The Single Player Framework is a template for both mappers and coders who want to create their own SP experience for UT2004. It comes ready built with all the relevant code that powers Single Player, plus tons of easy-to-use actors (with a guide list). Mappers can begin creating SP maps as easily as they would normal maps once they have established themselves with the setup, whereas coders can delve into the code and modify aspects of it. Comes with the majority of original Unreal monsters skinned, modelled and coded too!

Comments: Some of its features include a saving and loading system (thanks to punk129 for the GUI code!), a checkpoint system (useful for large maps), a transition system which carries across the player's weapons and items from one map to the next, and fully functional netcode for coop play.

Additionally, I've posted an FAQ thread here so that any questions or problems can be compiled into one page. For those interested, there's also a list of the most common new SP actors here with explanations.

Screenshots:

Credits: punk129 for the saving/loading GUI code and Destro for having lots and lots of patience (testing).
    Homepage: http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
    Download: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...pframework.zip

At the moment, there's not much to show for this except the code itself and a couple of example maps. It would be great to see this working in context - that is, with a proper SP map or series of maps. If anyone happens to make a map or two using this thing, could they let me know? I'd be more than happy to know and post about it.

hehe... i can make a trials map required in SP now! thanks, fraghouse!

Comment

Many thanx!:up:

Comment

Oooo! Sexy. :up:

Comment

How awesome! Just imagine... Xadia part II, and Spatial Fear Episode I for 2k4! Oh, man, this could be huge...

Comment

that is amazingly awesome...any chance of getting the unreal 2 characters in?

Comment

Originally posted by PointlesS
              that is amazingly awesome...any chance of getting the unreal 2 characters in?
              I thought someone already did that?

Comment

Re: [Pics] Single Player Framework

Good work

Originally posted by Parser
                Name: Single Player Framework
                Version: 1
                Compatibility: Latest patch to be safe.
                Additionally, I've posted an FAQ thread here so that any questions or problems can be compiled into one page. For those interested, there's also a list of the most common new SP actors here with explanations.
                :up: :up: :up:

Will be Translocator Item and Spotlight aviable?

Comment

Working...
                X