VCTF-Antropolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Antropolis

I finally decided to release it. A greatly updated version of my first map, based especially in all the feedback I got in the UP's VCTF contest.
    Here it is, enjoy!
    VCTF-Antropolis
    If you see any important bug let me know it as soon as possible.

---
    Credits:
    - Big thanks to Philipp 'Soma' Urlich for letting me use his textures and staticmeshes from the great DM-CBP2-Achilles.
    - Thanks to 'Strider' for the great terrain rotating tool 'UTRota'.
    - Thanks to 'Hourences' for the fogring textures taken from his 'HourIndusX' texture pack.
    - Thanks also to everyone that betatested the map and posted feedback in Unreal Playground and Atari forums (Hawkwind, HERO Maxwell, Kantham, NotoriousBIC, RichyB).

---
    Map features:
    - Small layout, maybe a bit spammy, but full of action and good fun...
    - Two different vehicles available: Scorpions and HellBenders.
    - Two bases with different defense points.
    - Some more defense points spread in the map to hack flagruns.
    - Two well placed Redeemers to prevent excesive camping or increase your defense. :evil:
    - Full bot support.

---
    Settings:
    If the map does not run smooth enough in your PC, you can lower your 'world detail' settings to get better framerates:
    - High World Detail shows all the visual stuff.
    - Medium World Detail removes the outer cliffs.
    - Low World Detail removes most of the useless visual stuff.

---
    Screenies: in this thread.

Don't be so shy, it looks great!

Here...

[shot]http://forums.unrealplayground.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29376&stc=1[/shot]

[shot]http://forums.unrealplayground.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29377&stc=1[/shot]

[shot]http://forums.unrealplayground.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29378&stc=1[/shot]

[shot]http://forums.unrealplayground.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29379&stc=1[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
      Don't be so shy, it looks great!
      Umm he is not he gave a screen shots on the unrealplayground forum so I don’t think he’s shy.

The beta was great and had a real nice feeling to it so im downloading now and will play final for sure later.

Comment

those screenshots are amazing

Comment

Downloading, great job.

Comment

this is a vctf map to own them all... it puts the vctf back in vctf:up:

Comment

the screens remind me of another vctf map i play alot... cant think of the name but it's desert instead of grass.

Comment

I just played it:

I like the theme. It's a bit overused, but I think that's because it's so nice.

The bot pathing was a little wonky, but it works fine for the most part. Around the vehicles was where it was messed up a bit. Bots either jumped in and out of vehicles or didn't get in them at all. They seemed to be there a lot of the time.

It took me until a bot itself went through a wall to discover that the walls that had raindrop textures on them were teleporters. I think the texture for that is misleading and would be better as a conventional teleport texture.

Nit picking:
                -I'd switch the DD and Deemers, but that's just me because the map seems small enough as it is; one redeemer is edgy as it is, in my opinion. Let alone two.
                -Maybe it was my lack of ability, maybe it was the lip on the vehicle spawning area, maybe the ramp was too steep, but I couldn't dodge up the dodge ramps on the side bases. If they're not dodge ramps, what are they?
                -The middle ramp was weird for me. It was hard to work with because it was delayed, obviously for teammates, but that can be remedied by having it "open" for less time. There seemed to be a lift jump, as there was a huge opening in the middle, but there wasn't. I just hit a blocking volume and dropped back down.
                -Sniper rifles and lightning guns? Remember, most people are better with lightning guns; if not removing one altogether, they should be switched.
                -There were so many weapon lockers, it was hard to remember which ones gave which weapons! Many times I was looking for the shock rifle and I'd go to all three to find it. I'd usually be looking for one weapon, but I'd go to a locker to get it.

Nice map, I'm just picky

Comment

I had forgotten this thread, sorry...

Thanks for posting the pictures here Xyx.

@Swerto:
                  Yeah this map is an updete of that desert map (VCTF-UP-CampersParadise][). It was my first map, too bad and it gives an annoying skybox bug with some cards. Also, I got a lof of feedback in the forums after the release; so that's why I decided to come back to that map and fix (almost) all the crappy work.

@Meroin:
                  Good feedback, thanks.
                  - The AI for VCTF is too bad, I'm really happy with how the bots play here. I would have liked to see them using the minelayer and getting into vehicles to catch the flagcarrier, but it was not possible...
                  - A lot of people has told about the strange teleporters in this one, but there was a normal teleporter effect in the old CampersParadise and some people said it looked out of place... :loopy:
                  - Yep, the dodgeramps in the middle buildings can be dodged when there is no vehicles there...
                  - For the liftjump in the central building, I thought about it, but the map didn't look so nice from that spot and I decided to add the blocking volume.

Glad you all liked it. I hope you'll enjoy it for a long time.

BTW: I'm releasing CTF-Opposite tomorrow... :up:

Comment

Beautiful map Lector.

Comment

A very solid VCTF map and I don't really play that game type much ... but this map is very well done. You are on a roll man ... don't stop mapping now. Let's see some pics of your latest WIP please.

Comment

Working...
                      X