A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

Virax over at www.planetunreal.com just posted this interesting bit of information about a well known UT2k4 map pack developer. Makes you wonder how many other packs may be guilty of this action.

"GIdenjoe and all of Superglue Studios have put put a formal apology for the so-called 'theft' of FlagPack2004 map DM-1on1-Dismemberment. The map - originally developed by The Hubster - is, in it's original form, a competitive 1on1 CPMA map.

It seems that GIdenjoe recreated the map (originally called HUB3DM1, or CPM12) without the author's permission after he was unable to locate TheHubster's e-mail address, in his initial attempts to obtain permission.

As a result, Superglue Studios is pulling the FP2004 files and website until an updated zip without the aforementioned map can be uploaded."

Here's the URL of the developer's site.
    http://www.supergluestudios.com/

K

Comment

**** happens.

Edit: That map was not even worthy to release. It's the same as the first beta that was released long before the pack to test layout and gameplay with obviously no real effort going into visuals.

EDIT2: WRONG FORUM, anyways. :bulb:

Comment

Re: A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

Originally posted by loudfarts
        stuff
        your sig's too big.

Comment

Re: A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

Originally posted by loudfarts
          Virax over at www.planetunreal.com just posted this interesting bit of information about a well known UT2k4 map pack developer. Makes you wonder how many other packs may be guilty of this action.

"GIdenjoe and all of Superglue Studios have put put a formal apology for the so-called 'theft' of FlagPack2004 map DM-1on1-Dismemberment. The map - originally developed by The Hubster - is, in it's original form, a competitive 1on1 CPMA map.

It seems that GIdenjoe recreated the map (originally called HUB3DM1, or CPM12) without the author's permission after he was unable to locate TheHubster's e-mail address, in his initial attempts to obtain permission.

As a result, Superglue Studios is pulling the FP2004 files and website until an updated zip without the aforementioned map can be uploaded."

Here's the URL of the developer's site.
          http://www.supergluestudios.com/
          Doesn't really make me wonder if any other pack is guilty to this, or any other person for that matter. It was annoying enough for GI to have to live through something like this, and blowing it up like this really doesn't help.
          Btw, your sig IS too big:noob:

Comment

Re: Re: A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
            your sig's too big.
            Originally posted by Sjosz
            Btw, your sig IS too big:noob:
            Totally aggree.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A Grievous Error of GIdenjoe from Superglue Studios

your sig's too big.
              Btw, your sig IS too big
              Totally aggree.
              +1 :up:

Comment

as someone trying to track down a q3 mapper myself for a remake i'm working on, i can sympathize with GIdenjoe...to some degree. the best thing to do, i think, if you have exhausted ALL the ways of finding the original author, is to include in the readme a note that says "UNAUTHORIZED" or "UNOFFICIAL" and maybe a note about the lengths you went to get the author's permission.

respect and humility when making remakes i think goes a long way.

i'm not sure how hard GIdenjoe looked for the original author of the q3 map, so i can't really judge if he actually did anything wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X