[MOD] Unreal Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MOD] Unreal Racing

I have come up with a great idea for an UT2003 modification. But I need a team of modders to pull it off. Basicly my idea is to make a racing game using the UT2003 engine. Many of the needed features are already in the game such as the ability to drive vehicles and the excelent Karma physics engine.

I can make a website for it and as soon as I have one i'll post the link up here.

I will need the following team members to pull it off:
    • Programmers (to code the cars, and make the game front end)
    • Mappers (making race tracks and whatnot)
    • Moddlers (making new car models to be used in the game)
    • Texturers (to help the moddlers make the cars and to provide textures for the maps)

I also need a name for the mod. At the moment the working title is 'Unreal Racing' but if anyone has any other suggestions then let me know.

If anyone wants to help the contact me via email at gardulla_the_hut@yahoo.co.uk or please post a reply to this thread.

I think you are looking to make a whole new game. You need to get about 1000 programmers and about $20,000,000 in budget.

Comment

No he doesn't.

A similar mod was done for Q3A. It was done very well too.

It did cost them some time though...

Hmm, actually a large chunk of that time was spent getting the vehicle physics right, and with vehicle physics already crammed in UT2003, you will have significantly less work than that other mod team.

Just need to tweak the physics of each vehicle so they handle differently from each other.

Comment

Like quake 3 rally?
        It took them I think about a year to make that mod.
        Do you have that amount of time?

Better make it better 'cause I don't like the feel of q3 rally.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
          No he doesn't.

A similar mod was done for Q3A. It was done very well too.

It did cost them some time though...

Hmm, actually a large chunk of that time was spent getting the vehicle physics right, and with vehicle physics already crammed in UT2003, you will have significantly less work than that other mod team.

Just need to tweak the physics of each vehicle so they handle differently from each other.
          hehe, beat me in posting dude. Typing at the very same moment.

Comment

I figured that it may take some time but the way i expect it would work would be to spawn the player as a vehicle instead of as a person and as you drive round the track you would gain a 'point' for each lap, The first person to get enough points (i.e do all the laps) would be the winner.

As for it taking over a year, I was imaging the first version being released with a few tracks and maybe only four or five cars. As the mod is played by the public certain bugs will be found which we can fix and release in the next version.

BTW. I have made a temporary site for the mod at http://thermite.sourceforge.net/unrealracing/. Visit it and tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Narroc
              I figured that it may take some time but the way i expect it would work would be to spawn the player as a vehicle instead of as a person and as you drive round the track you would gain a 'point' for each lap, The first person to get enough points (i.e do all the laps) would be the winner.

As for it taking over a year, I was imaging the first version being released with a few tracks and maybe only four or five cars. As the mod is played by the public certain bugs will be found which we can fix and release in the next version.

BTW. I have made a temporary site for the mod at http://thermite.sourceforge.net/unrealracing/. Visit it and tell me what you think.
              Do u know how to program your self?

Comment

I've done alot of C and C++ before and a fair bit in PHP but i've never touched upon UnrealScript.

Comment

I wanted to make a racing mod for ut2003 myself, but I'm allready doing 5 project's (only one for ut2003). How do you plan to get it done? and if your not a complete screw up or quitter, I would gladly give you some of my precious time for this mod.To be honest a racing mod is pretty easy to do,all you need is one good coder and a few mappers.There are already many car meshes available that can be edited to work.Even the old ut cars, to make some sort of F-Zero mod. I can see this hapening...........if you can properly organize that is.

PM me if you want to learn u script and do this,it will be childsplay for you if you know c and c++ already.

Comment

Originally posted by mikejada
                    I think you are looking to make a whole new game. You need to get about 1000 programmers and about $20,000,000 in budget.
                    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh???

What are you talking about...i made a race-map myself in about 3hours...I also changed the speed of the car, the subspension, the weight of the car etc.etc.

The map has got jumps, loops, bridges, audience, pits(just for decoration...you can´t repair the vehicles, i´m working on that but i don´t think it will be so couse i know nothing about uScript )

The map is not finished yet but it will be soon.
                    It´s the first map i´ve made in uED3.0

I've done alot of C and C++ before and a fair bit in PHP but i've never touched upon UnrealScript.
                    I´ve herd that uScript is based on c++ ...at least it is very similar to it.

Comment

OK..Chimaira, if you could send me either some screnshots of the map you're working on or email me the .ut2 file, then i'll have a look. I'm going to try to get hosting on planetunreal.com but they ask for some evidence of work already done.

Once I've got hosting we'll have a forum where we can start to formulate ideas.

I have a profile for the mod at www.moddb.com which you can view at http://mods.moddb.com/625/.

Comment

I have always wanted something exactly like this in UT2003 or even Unreal2.......

I wish I can participated full time BUT can't........However, I can donate a few racing car models to this mod.......from associated modding authors around.....

You can also checkout "Mobile Forces"...another unreal based engine mp game..they also have a racing mod called Mental Race......check them out.

http://www.mobileforces.com/english/blue/index.html

Comment

Hey, Half-Life did it something like this (Half Life Rally http://www.hlrally.net/news.php). Do you still need a coder? I'm pretty new at Unreal, but ive programmed before. Ive worked on a few HL mod projects too.

Comment

Re: [MOD] Unreal Racing

I have come up with a great idea for an UT2003 modification. But I need a team of modders to pull it off. Basicly my idea is to make a racing game using the UT2003 engine. Many of the needed features are already in the game such as the ability to drive vehicles and the excelent Karma physics engine.

I can make a website for it and as soon as I have one i'll post the link up here.

I will need the following team members to pull it off:
                            • Programmers (to code the cars, and make the game front end)
                            • Mappers (making race tracks and whatnot)
                            • Moddlers (making new car models to be used in the game)
                            • Texturers (to help the moddlers make the cars and to provide textures for the maps)

I also need a name for the mod. At the moment the working title is 'Unreal Racing' but if anyone has any other suggestions then let me know.

If anyone wants to help the contact me via email at gardulla_the_hut@yahoo.co.uk or please post a reply to this thread.

Wish List....

Hood mounted redeemer

Seriously tho, an option for weapons would be great. Ever play Re-Volt? Quite a blast to bottle rocket the guy in the lead, and replace him.

Quite a bummer to have him oil-slick you just before the track squeezes to one lane.

Comment

Re-Volt fuking owned meh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X