• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-1on1-Refraction [Pics] [Download] [Beta]

Name: Refraction
    Version: .75
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: An empty tank factory finds itself perfect for some in your face tournament matches.
    Comments: 100% custom modelling, textures & soundtrack. and I'd love to hear your feedback on anything and everything.
    Screenshot: here
    Credits: Joe Lackner
    Homepage: here
    Download: here

I will try out. Looks very stylized and unique. Probably will edit this post with impressions.

Comment

If you are going for a 2D look then it is fine ... but I myself prefer rich deep three dimensional textures on this platform. It is cool looking but I can't say much more until I have an idea of what you were trying to convey with these textures you are using.

Comment

Judging by the name I'd say it's experimentation with lighting and their effect. Just a guess...

Comment

well from wot i see in the screenshots this looks very clean.
          When i first saw it i just didn't know wot to think about it.

I'll give it a go and hopefully i can give you some of my impressions later (when i have time which i dont have alot )

Comment

you should probably just use textures that shipped with the game because these look like ***,

Comment

Framing our criticism in the form of an insult are we Marsfyre?

Comment

can't say I like the look but I appreciate the effort into creating a new theme...it kinda seems like it has that "giant map small player" feel...I'll be giving it a run though and give some feedback

Comment

Looks weird.

I like weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer909
                    Framing our criticism in the form of an insult are we Marsfyre?
                    no its just an insult

Comment

Originally posted by Marsfyre
                      no its just an insult
                      :up:

But seriously... Photoshop filters NEVER make good textures.

Custom from-photo textures or leave it to the pros.

Comment

could you upload it someone else...filefront gives me:
                        There are no public servers currently available for this file.
                        and the two other locations don't work since I'm not in europe or in the pacific ocean...

Comment

thanks for the comments.

i'd appreciate your thoughts on deathmatch + gameplay flow, from those that have experienced it in game.

while i agree that photoshop filters are rather lame, and straight from amatuer alley, using the noise + cloud generator gives you a great starting point for creating textures from scratch. it's all about rapidness and the fact of generating something from nothing where filters start to become rather effective, as long as you can keep others from noticing. but, in this case, i didn't hide it well enough.

and, sorry, i don't have any other mirrors currently. i'd just try back again later or check for another server at ut2004files.com

Comment

i thought the same thing. I created a cement-like texture for use as cement walls. Everyone thinks that its too blurry. making a texture is hard to make look good. be sure to browse the textures that come with the standard install, theres a ton.

Comment

gentle bump for more feedback {especially on gameplay flow}.

Comment

Working...
                              X