No announcement yet.

[MAP:CTF/BR]FallenMoon[Feedback/UpdatedShots]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now no bull****, haha, But should be releasing a version with some added features. Ill be adding in the blocking volumes shortly.

I dont think Im going to add lava volumes for the lava near the bases. (the lava you can run through) We'll just pretend the warriors have magic lava boots.

Comment

Originally posted by LvlMaster2
      I dont think Im going to add lava volumes for the lava near the bases. (the lava you can run through) We'll just pretend the warriors have magic lava boots.
      If I may ask - why spend so much time on a map, only to short change it in the end by letting people walk through lava? I encourage you to take the time to do this, rather than rush it out

Comment

haha, Its not all the lava. I meant the lava in the flag areas...If you think that should be painful to the players than sure, Ill add it..I was only thinking that players would whine that there was too much lava that hurt them.

Comment

im curious if anyone can help me out with weapon/powerup placement. I have no idea what to include or even where to place. If anyone can be of help, send me a PM

Comment

Here some suggestions about the lava pools, I think you should get rid of the ones next to the flags, I guarentee you the AI will be dumb enough to stand in them untill they die, and it hinders gameplay, the rest of the lava pools should do damage as you stand in them, and the lava under the bridges should be insta-kill.
            As for weapon/item placement, put 2 or so health stations near the flag base and a minigun/biorifle and linkgun/shockrifle, flak canon and rocket launcher should be in somewhat out of reach places, since they are pretty much the 2 most powerful weapons, and random item spawers would go great on the bridges, the rest is up to you man, im sure others will give some suggestions....

Comment

Nah keep the lava near the flag, and make it hurt people, just make it weaker then the rest of the lava. say 10 health points per sec, that way if you accidently jump into it you won't die.

As for health if you do keep the lava and make it hurt people, then you should also put health on either side of the lava in the flag rooms.

I also feel that this map Is a great sniper map, so you should at least put 4 Lightning guns in key locations around the map. Also 1 redeemer and 1 ion cannon in hard to reach places would be nice. Just make sure u have a few satellites so that the area it can be used in is greater.

I do have one structure request. there is at least one plant I know of that you can get stuck on in the main path because it leans down so far. could you make it so u can go through it rather then hit it?

Other that that the map structure is great, Just make sure to put in a lot of anti-portals, because my high end system was getting 18-13 FPS through most of the map.

Good Luck :up:

Comment

Its about 11 am right now....Ive been messing with this **** thing all morning. Bot pathing is in place and Im doing weapons right now.

The level might be a little faster for some people since Ive been optimizing it like crazy. Im sure it'll still need some work in some areas, but Ill work on that later.

The bots seem to be behaving well around the lava and they are climbing the broken pillars with no problems at all They aren't as stupid as I thought.

As for blocking volumes, Im not even goign to worry about it right now. Im sure some people can find their way into areas where you're not supposed to go, but I really wont know that till you guys play it

Im looking to release a working version within the hour.

Comment

YAY! I'll try it out when you are done :up: .

Comment

Well I tried to type evey **** word I could come up with, but still cant get it to download! Any mirrors?

Comment

Originally posted by scirmast
                      Well I tried to type evey **** word I could come up with, but still cant get it to download! Any mirrors?
                      check my answer in the other thread.

Comment

not wokring for me either...what other thread???

Comment

workin mirror...

http://www.unreality.dk/files/files_...Show&fileID=92

Comment

Working...
                          X