CTF-LavaGiant4 Has been released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-LavaGiant4 Has been released!

Map is no longer in beta and link to download the beta has been removed!

Click here to see the release thread and download the final version.

BR-LavaGiant will be released in the next day or two.

i get red X's my friend.............

MsM

Comment

:heart: Skybox

Comment

yo MajikMyst, would ya throw up a changelist?

(just curious as to all the changes)

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
          yo MajikMyst, would ya throw up a changelist?

(just curious as to all the changes)
          Change list:

Reorganized all weapon ammo powerups. Added more weapon ammo under the stair case in the rocket hall. Added more weapon pickups in the hallways and on the top ridge.

Added a mini-shield pickup to both bases, as well as a rocket launcher pickup. Added ammo for all weapon types to both bases.

All bot pathing was redone from scratch. Each base has 15 entry points for the bots. Many of the short cuts that human players use were rigged for the bots to use. Assualt pathing was redone to get the bots to attack more using the indirect paths. One way assault pathing was used to get the bots to return with the flag using indirect paths. The entire idea behind the bot pathing was to get them to play as close to human as possible. There are over 120 jumpspots throughout this map for the bots to use. Many of the jump locations are two way. If they can jump up, then they can jump down too.

A deemer was added to the double damage hall way, up in the support beams. A random pickup was added right next to the ion painter. This will be either a keg of life, double damage, or super shield.

All zones around the play island was redone or moved. The reason for this was to prevent the bots from getting stuck along the edge. All zones will cause damage and eventually kill you.

Red and blue lights were added to all the hallways. Mostly for decoration and to hint at which way each base is. Lights were also added to all radio antennas and more antennas were added. All distant islands have antennas and there are now two more on the center ridge. Additional spore plants were added in random locations to give it a more natural feel. It also seems that the bots like to hide behind these trees. Which is an added bonus.

Most of the sounds have been redone. All machinery in the map has a different sound. Additional fire effect sounds were added to the mini lava pits in the play island. For the most part all sound points saw some adjustments. Some as simple as changing the sound radius or volume. I didn't want sounds to over power other sounds.

Added flame jets to random places on the ground around the play island. Added the green haze in the sky to give the map somewhat of an atmosphere. This will be toned down in the next update as it seems to slow FPS.

Converted the map for bombing run as well.

Off the top of my head, that is about all the changes I have made. I am sure there are a few little things that I may have forgotten. Most of my attention was spent on the bot pathing and to get the bots to be less predictable.

Oh! I had to raise the terrain in a few areas to close some gaps underneath hallway doors. Adjusted the lava zones to just cover the lava and raised them up a little. Some areas allowed you to walk on portions of the lava without damage. This is no longer possible.

Comment

Why LJ4? Shouldn't this be LJ3? AFAIK, there wasn't a 4 (or is there one in UC2?).

Regardless, I've been waiting for someone to do this ever since it was dropped from UT2004 at the last minute, and the only explanation was "BSP Holes".

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
              Why LJ4? Shouldn't this be LJ3? AFAIK, there wasn't a 4 (or is there one in UC2?).

Regardless, I've been waiting for someone to do this ever since it was dropped from UT2004 at the last minute, and the only explanation was "BSP Holes".
              It prolly will end up being LG3 when it is finally released. I went with 4 for now to make sure there wasn't a naming conflict.

There are still a few BSP holes here and there, that I haven't figured out how to close. But they only seem to show up when you get killed. Sometimes your body can fall through the ground. This doesn't happen very often. But it does happen. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Yournan2000
                i get red X's my friend.............

MsM
                Can you see the pics in the BR-LavaGiant4 thread? Both maps look exactly the same.

Comment

Map has been updated!

Map name is the same and should overwrite the old one.

Green haze in sky has been toned down to improve performance.

Comment

I downloaded the map, I'll play it later.

The one thing I remember from the original map (the map you modified) that turned me off was its size. Like CTF-CBP2-Deep and CTF-MoonDragon, it seems to take forever to go from one side of the map to the other. I remember playing this map in UT99 with the jump boots. However, the UT99 map was not as huge, of course, none of the UT99 maps are quite a big as UT2004 maps.

But, I'll try it. I can never get enough CTF maps. Plus I know how much work it takes to make or even mod a map.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst
                      Map has been updated!

Map name is the same and should overwrite the old one.

Green haze in sky has been toned down to improve performance.
                      no mate, red X also.

If you don't mind can you e-mail me some, dudelovehavemercy@hotmail.com

MsM

Comment

Latest pics!

I think we might be ready for release!

Comment

Nice job. I enjoyed it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock
                            Nice job. I enjoyed it very much.
                            Who are you and what have you done with our Grimlock?

Comment

Bump

Map has been released in it's final version.

Comment

Working...
                              X