Originally posted by Teddie
    Thanks for trying out the map BadAss.
    No problem :up:

Look for the revision soon
    Will do :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should have used the 2k3 remix of Forgone Destruction by my DJ friend Simon Saiz, I'm sure he would have let you use it for a remake this good. He got Michiel van den Bos' permission to do the remix, and I've used it for my Nali Bricks level Wacing Forlds.

http://www.simon-saiz.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look for the revision soon.
    Take your time, I'll look for it tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BadAss84
    Well done, great idea there, i would've never really thought a BR version would have worked too well, but it does !! :up:
    Hehe. Very cool. Glad you liked it. Look for the revision soon.

Originally posted by BadAss84
    Well done, great idea there, i would've never really thought a BR version would have worked too well, but it does !! :up:
    I can't take credit for the idea. I got a lot of requests to do a BR version of the map from folks like Super-Moose and others. So I did it, cuz I'm always happy to make folks happy. I probably wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

Thanks for trying out the map BadAss.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just had a go on BR-FW2003 (agains Godlike bots). What can i say, it's amazing :up:

I'll see if i can find it online in a minute

I think it plays better than in CTF, because in CTF on Face you usually just walk through easily and score, but its tougher in BR. I think it makes it more enjoyable :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Soz, didn't mean to be a terrorist

I'll see if I can find a prog to squash it into a zip file n post a new thread, the rar file was smaller than makin a zip with XP's native compression thingy tho thats why I used it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    B, omg, we loved that map. I'll see about it as a future project.
    Woohahaha!!!
    Originally posted by doogle
    Hi, I was just looking round to see if anyone had converted CTF-Hydro16 from UT1 to UT2K3 and noticed this thread mentioning it. Anyone know if it's been done yet as I've also been working on a port of it. Mine aint anything fancy to look at really, being 98% identical to the original one, not got the fog areas working yet though and I've made the slime pit with proper fluid n stuff.
    Well I haven't tried it yet, but I'm just gonna hope you've scaled it up for UT2K3, and that it's got a good eye-candy flow balance. And yeah, you should start your own thread for it, with screenies.
    Also, zip file. I never download *.rar maps, no matter how good they are, because rar files tick me off. ;P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [OC]Mr B
    Yes Teddie...DM-Hyperblast was the ship as you described. Kinda horseshoe shaped, with a few weapons, etc outside the hull too.

Hope you can find the time to try it...I know in your hands it'll be a winner. :up:

Cheers!

B.
    B, omg, we loved that map. I'll see about it as a future project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes Teddie...DM-Hyperblast was the ship as you described. Kinda horseshoe shaped, with a few weapons, etc outside the hull too.

Hope you can find the time to try it...I know in your hands it'll be a winner. :up:

Cheers!

B.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kaadu
    Teddie, ever thought of mapping for ROAR? Map a Assault map!!:up:
    Kaadu, I'm pretty excited about that mod myself. I'm going to wait until they're out of beta stage and then I might make a map for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by doogle
    Hi, I was just looking round to see if anyone had converted CTF-Hydro16 from UT1 to UT2K3 and noticed this thread mentioning it. Anyone know if it's been done yet as I've also been working on a port of it. Mine aint anything fancy to look at really, being 98% identical to the original one, not got the fog areas working yet though and I've made the slime pit with proper fluid n stuff.

I'm still working on it, changing bsp pipes into static meshes, trying to get the fog effects using emitters, that sort of stuff

Tell me what you think, I noticed the bots sometimes get stuck trying to translocate up the little steps in the pipe rooms, often standing there for 40 seconds or more just shooting the transloc and having it bounce back at them, I'm gonna sort that later I have got them to transloc across from bridge to bridge and even from bridge into the sniper tower thingies (had to cheat to get them to do that though!)

CTF-Hydro16-2k3 (4.73MB .rar file)
    Wow, you just highjacked my thread. (just kidding).

May I suggest you just start a new thread for your map. It will get more views that way instead of tacking it onto the bottom of mine.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I'm still working on it, changing bsp pipes into static meshes, trying to get the fog effects using emitters, that sort of stuff

Tell me what you think, I noticed the bots sometimes get stuck trying to translocate up the little steps in the pipe rooms, often standing there for 40 seconds or more just shooting the transloc and having it bounce back at them, I'm gonna sort that later I have got them to transloc across from bridge to bridge and even from bridge into the sniper tower thingies (had to cheat to get them to do that though!)

CTF-Hydro16-2k3 (4.73MB .rar file)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Teddie, ever thought of mapping for ROAR? Map a Assault map!!:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SealClubber
    ya know what would be really neat... and diffrent!...

is if you do a remake of a classic level... but with a whole diffrent theme!

like, for example = make ctf-coret with a look of a battle torn city... roof blown off... cloudy sky moving fast overhead!

but you can do it with any level! Just takes some thinking about it

IMO = a CTF-Coret remake would probably get the most attention too
    I'm really looking forward to Red-Dwarf's Coret remake. Looks nice and clean, well done... Just waiting for it at the moment as many of us are.

Originally posted by defalc
    Hehe, that'd be cool, he already sorta did that with Deck17. Something like Coret would rock. Or Hydro16. Except with like really cool looking water instead of slime.

Bleh, I do believe I requested Hydro16 first.

Also concerning Hydro16, if you ever do make one, I request that the slime pool be moving like it was in UT.
    Okey dokey

Originally posted by st4tic^uk
    looks nice. I always liked facing worlds on ut. Bring back old and new memorys
    Thanks st4tic^uk! Ah memories Hope you get a chance to try it out.

Originally posted by Ejen34
    Well get on the stick man, I have been holding my breath waiting for this map to come out in revision...I do like to breathe you know....hehehe just kidding....

Good maps are always worth waiting for Teddie...take your time...you have 2 minutes to finish !!!!!!
    LOL. Ah bro, you'll be surprised about the muthagiger revision. I have a good feeling about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheLoneKro
    Dude ur my hero i try mapping but im not l33t like u u need work on a cs ut2k3 map pack all cs maps into ut2k3? omg that would be nice or sof2 or some bad *** game !
    Thanks LoneKro... A lot of people have been emailing asking for a Dust or Dust2 remake. If I do another CS one, it will be Dust or Dust2. My son approves of that choice

Originally posted by Morba
    then u need credit for being a one man team with class maps and decent webby.

ill get a link stuck up on byut.net
    Morba thanks! Hey do you want to trade links?

Originally posted by Dirtybob
    * I am using the jedi mind trick!!!!! Teddie you must make me more maps! you *****!!
    YOU *******!!! GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

Originally posted by Ejen34
    Sorry I am late here..just catching up on this thread...DM-Hyperblast has already been ported tho I personally do not like it...
    Ah... Maybe I'll try my hand at it later, friend.

Originally posted by ┬župer-]V[oose
    I LOVE YOU MAN. :cry:
    Me buys Moose a beer. U 2 man.

Originally posted by Devastation 8
    After Zeto remake my PhobosMoon idea, if you forgot, i'll gladly remind you .

BTW, for the original theme map, you should make an abandoned castle, like a haunted one with scary voices coming out of the dungeon or from rooms say stuff like: "Help! Help! My God! Help! Ahhh!" Or just scream from fear, that outa be nice with secret rooms and stuff .
    Possibly bro. I like your idea, but I'm all over the place. ICQ me if you see me online.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X